Are Pattaya Businesses Making Too Much Money?

tropo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read the entire string of posts, it should have been obvious that my "rant" regarding offensive remarks about Thais was not directed at you or your original post. Your post was simply too mundane to deserve space here (in my opinion).

Well for such a 'mundane' topic this is sure turning into a great bare knuckled boxing match. Thats part of the addiction of TV, no matter how mundane the title you never who will jump in or what direction it will take. I'm enjoying this thread................

• Like 1

So Tropo goes into a coffee shop, but he does not want a coffee, and then complains because no one asks him if he or either of the two people with wanted one.

I can only assume that the other two did not want a coffee either, otherwise they would say "excuses me Sir or Miss can I have a coffee please". They must have just sat and looked at the floor or something, hoping they would't be noticed.

He got exactly what he admits he wanted, nothing!! But the point of his post is that he got more nothing than he thought he was entitled to!!

Make sense!

• Like 2

Another way to look at this. If you were the OWNER of a cafe without table service and some people were sitting at tables with no stuff, I think you WOULD speak to those people to try to drum up some business (money), now wouldn't you? I know I would. The staff is simply not motivated to help their business make money, not surprising, but not stellar behavior either.

I think the no brains thing was just being flippant, nothing to start a federal case over. Lighten up.

"Flippant" or not, the "no brains" comments was a racist and stereotypical attack too frequently said or repeated by brain dead, calous and insensitive farang about Thais. Please don't make excuses for such outrageous behavior. Heavy up.

(quote by Tropo:) "A fair part of your post was directed at me. If it wasn't, then you need to brush up on your grammer.

Either way, why bother reading and replying to what you call "mundane" posts."

The OP wouldn't have gotten a nod or response from me, It was the subsequent post that aroused me. My grammar is pretty good (as least by most standards), but I did try to criticize a post without repeating it -- sorry if that confused you. I was attracted to the title of the post which seemed strange and was very different than the content or point of the thread (and I was having a slow morning). Had I realized it was a "Dine and Whine" (or in your case, don't dine and whine anyway) post, I would have avoided it entirely. Cheers,

So Tropo goes into a coffee shop, but he does not want a coffee, and then complains because no one asks him if he or either of the two people with wanted one.

I can only assume that the other two did not want a coffee either, otherwise they would say "excuses me Sir or Miss can I have a coffee please". They must have just sat and looked at the floor or something, hoping they would't be noticed.

He got exactly what he admits he wanted, nothing!! But the point of his post is that he got more nothing than he thought he was entitled to!!

Make sense!

Great post -- TWO oinks!!!

I can only assume that the other two did not want a coffee.They must have just sat and looked at the floor or something, hoping they would't be noticed.

Make sense!

So Oink's last post was deleted as a flame so he comes back with his 4th post to try again. It's pretty obvious you're a banned member coming back again, but seeing as you didn't directly flame me this time I shall address your concerns.

1. Tropo didn't complain he wasn't served. He was quite happy not to be disturbed and wasn't in need of coffee.

2. The other 2 people didn't want coffee either. My wife doesn't drink coffee and my friend would have ordered beer although he'd already had quite a few at the Red Kimchi restaurant next door so it wasn't a pressing need for him.

3. All 3 or us were happy to buy something, but weren't concerned either way.

I hope this clears up some of your confusion.

This post was tongue in cheek right from the start and not meant as a complaint. How can a person be complaining when he got more than he wanted? The title should have given it away i.e. "Are Pattaya Businesses Making Too Much Money"? You're obviously not bright enough to have caught that.

Your last sentence is unintelligible and you're asking me if it makes sense?

"But the point of his post is that he got more nothing than he thoguht he was entitled to!! Make sense!"

• Like 1

The OP wouldn't have gotten a nod or response from me, It was the subsequent post that aroused me. My grammar is pretty good (as least by most standards), but I did try to criticize a post without repeating it -- sorry if that confused you. I was attracted to the title of the post which seemed strange and was very different than the content or point of the thread (and I was having a slow morning). Had I realized it was a "Dine and Whine" (or in your case, don't dine and whine anyway) post, I would have avoided it entirely. Cheers,

You keep going on about how this thread is of little interest to you yet you continue to reply. Ok, you clicked on it because I gave it an interesting title. That's the idea of giving it an interesting title. Sorry about that.

Once you clicked on it and realised it was mundane, boring etc you could have immediately left, but no, you had to read through the thread and then reply, 3 times. Not only that, you had to have a dig at the OP by portraying him as some idiot that doesn't have a clue about service in Pattaya and then make up some nonsense to back it up. (ie. that self service is required everywhere).

Cheers.

• Like 1

I am a little surprised though that the heavy smoker did not give up after 45 mins and go outside for a cigarette. Maybe the staff could smell the beer, that's why they did not come over. Maybe they had a bad experience with drinkers in the past!

As you said, you did not want a coffee, you wife does not drink coffee and your smoking friend wanted more beer not coffee, so wouldn't you have been better off going to a bar where I am sure you would have got more beer and better service?

I don’t know why I found this all so weird, especially as you can find homeless and unemployed people doing it all the time in bus stations and cafes in the US and all over Europe. It happens folks, as Tropo says, they just wanted to get out of the heat and no one can blame them for that.

I would have been pleased if the staff didn't annoy me

maybe I'll sit there to rest next time

oh wait, I always go to BK next door & scarf a double whopper with bacon & cheese

I would have been pleased if the staff didn't annoy me

maybe I'll sit there to rest next time

oh wait, I always go to BK next door & scarf a double whopper with bacon & cheese

I was pleased.

I am a little surprised though that the heavy smoker did not give up after 45 mins and go outside for a cigarette. Maybe the staff could smell the beer, that's why they did not come over. Maybe they had a bad experience with drinkers in the past!

As you said, you did not want a coffee, you wife does not drink coffee and your smoking friend wanted more beer not coffee, so wouldn't you have been better off going to a bar where I am sure you would have got more beer and better service?

I don't know why I found this all so weird, especially as you can find homeless and unemployed people doing it all the time in bus stations and cafes in the US and all over Europe. It happens folks, as Tropo says, they just wanted to get out of the heat and no one can blame them for that.

You're making too many assumptions. I'd really like to tell you where to go but forum rules don't permit, so...

Here's some further clues:

1. My friend popped out to smoke several times during our 45 minute stay. Where did I say he didn't?

2. There is about 1 meter distance between the inside seat and the outside smoking table. The entrance is open.

3. My friend was not drunk and certainly did not smell of alcohol.

4. The staff were quite some distance from us behind the counter so even if he did stink of alcohol they wouldn't have smelled a thing.

5. We had just eaten a buffet lunch at the Red Kimchi Restaurant next door so we were quite full. Hopefully this will help you to understand why we were not in great need of drinks, however we were quite prepared to order if necessary and certainly expected to. It may also help you understand why we chose Delifrance as it was next door to the restaurant.

6. We are not homeless or unemployed people in need of free shelter. We'd just spent over 1000 baht on lunch.

7. None of us are retarded and my friend is not a drunk.

Edited by tropo

How did you like the Korean buffet?

I really like it. I pig out on the beef - it melts in the mouth.

I first tried there when they had their opening promotion of 2 for 1, but even at full price 299 afternoon 329 evening it is exceptional value with high quality food. I'm also a regular at their sister restaurant in the new mall - Sukishi

I tried the Sukishi buffet when they had it. Royal Garden is better?

I've never seen a Sukishi buffet...where was it? What was it?

There's a Shabushi buffet in the new mall, but that's hotpot cooking like MK. The Sukishi restaurant on the 5th floor has a Fuji-like Japanese menu and on the table Korean style barbecue.

The Red Kimchi is on the table barbecuing with a huge assortment of seafood, chicken, pork and beef. They have a sushi buffet on the side along with a big salad buffet.

They sometimes have a special deal, all you can eat BBQ items. It was good.

Well you learn something everyday!

I'm a regular at Sukishi with a member card and I was never aware of a buffet there.

Red Kimchi is the same company as Sukishi, so I'm sure what you'll find there is at least as good with a bigger selection.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a regular at Sukishi with a member card and I was never aware of a buffet there.

There's also a Sukishi at Lotus South Pattaya. This one is *only* a buffet a la Shabushi. It's very good, at least it was good the last time I went perhaps a month ago. They have the trays coming around full of stuff for the hotpot you have; in addition, they have a selection of sushi and other stuff (potstickers, shrimp tempura, etc.)at a counter, and drinks are included as well. The price is 249?? baht I think, but you get a discount with your membership card (which is worth purchasing if you go more than once with a partner, it almost pays for itself on the first visit).

It's on my rotation of places to eat.

Edited by Jimmyd

There's also a Sukishi at Lotus South Pattaya. This one is *only* a buffet a la Shabushi. It's very good, at least it was good the last time I went perhaps a month ago. They have the trays coming around full of stuff for the hotpot you have; in addition, they have a selection of sushi and other stuff (potstickers, shrimp tempura, etc.)at a counter, and drinks are included as well. The price is 249?? baht I think, but you get a discount with your membership card (which is worth purchasing if you go more than once with a partner, it almost pays for itself on the first visit).

It's on my rotation of places to eat.

That restaurant is called Shabushi, the same as the one on the 6th floor of Central. It's a hotpot restaurant and a differnt company.

Sukishi is a Korean/Japanese fusion restaurant specializing in table top barbecuing. You cannot purchase a discount card for Sukishi - you earn it by attaining 80 stickers for 300 baht purchases. The Red Kimchi is owned by Sukishi but only does the Korean barbecue side and is exclusively buffet with no discount cards being offered.

That restaurant is called Shabushi, the same as the one on the 6th floor of Central. It's a hotpot restaurant and a differnt company.

I respectfully beg to differ--I am certain my original information is correct: there is a hotpot buffet (called Sukishi) run by the Sukishi chain in the South Pattaya branch of Lotus, near Theprasit Road. I have eaten there many times.

I prefer it to Shabushi, by the way--less touristy.

Here's a link to some info on it: http://www.soidb.com/en/pattaya/dine/restaurant/sukishi_buffet_tesco_south.html

I've edited this post to include the last two lines for further information.

Edited by Jimmyd

Never had table service in any Delifrance.

Belly up to the counter, order, pay and either take it with you or go sit down.

Maybe the staff isn't lazy. Maybe you were too <deleted> lazy to get up and walk in?

I think you're the "<deleted> lazy" one because you didn't read the thread before making stupid comments.

Here's some points covered in detail already:

1. I have had table service at the Delifrance on Beach Road in the past, so you are wrong in regards to this store.

2. I didn't require service otherwise I would have "get up and walk in".

3. The store has closed since which is no surprise.