Free Drinking Water Spots To Be Installed In Fast Food Restaurants Nationwide

webfact

Govt Says Tap Water Is Now Safe To Drink. If you don't believe Mark Govt, who can you believe? Thaksin?

LOL, good one. Send the government officials to our area in Nai Harn and I take pictures while they vomit :jap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally, thats a very good idea, specially for the german and frensh community, they can now sit all day and drink FREE :annoyed:

High production costs? Has it occured to anybody that these RESTAURANTS have to pay for Staff, Energy, Refridgerators and RENT? its rediculous how some farangs behave here. I never had a Thai guest in our restaurant complaining about 10 Baht for a cool water....ONLY Farang do, specially Switzerland, Germans and Frensh :jap:

Your post shows your non existing intelligence.

I guess you just hate people coming from these countries, not more. I've never seen that guys from these country act like cheap Charlies, I hate people like you, who don't even know what they're writing.

Could you please tell us the name of 'your' restaurant?? :ph34r:

If the price is listed I see no reason to complain about the prices, per se.

Sure, one can ridicule that water would cost 80 baht for a glass, but one have the option of not buying it.

Use that option.

Finally, thats a very good idea, specially for the german and frensh community, they can now sit all day and drink FREE :annoyed:

High production costs? Has it occured to anybody that these RESTAURANTS have to pay for Staff, Energy, Refridgerators and RENT? its rediculous how some farangs behave here. I never had a Thai guest in our restaurant complaining about 10 Baht for a cool water....ONLY Farang do, specially Switzerland, Germans and Frensh :jap:

Your post shows your non existing intelligence.

I guess you just hate people coming from these countries, not more. I've never seen that guys from these country act like cheap Charlies, I hate people like you, who don't even know what they're writing.

Could you please tell us the name of 'your' restaurant?? :ph34r:

I know exactly what I am writing or talking about and I am German. To HATE people you know just from a post in a internet forum says a lot about YOUR intelligence :rolleyes:

Some farangs coming to Thailand spend lots of money for flights and hotels, just to save money if they are finally arrived. The community mentioned above is predestinated and well known in Thailand for that behaviour. Thats the way it is and you will not change it with yelling or hating ppl telling the truth!

So calm down and relax and if so, be happy you are not the same kind of kiniau :jap:

Who complains about 10.-Baht for a bottle of water in Thailand should visit Switzerland :lol:

BTW Plasticbottle Problem is history in Thailand, at least in Phuket, there are people running around collecting empty bottles since years. Is 30 Baht a kg as far as I know.

UPDATE

Fast-food chains insist on selling overpriced water, citing high costs

BANGKOK, 24 August 2010 (NNT) – Fast-food chains refuse to sell bottled water at the price specified by the Department of Internal Trade (DIT), citing a high capital cost, but promising to provide free drinking water as an alternative for consumers.

After conferring with operators of self-service fast-food shops, DIT Director-General Vatchari Vimooktayon revealed that those businesses still insisted on keeping the selling price of 1,500cc bottled water at 15 THB instead of 14 THB as specified in the new DIT regulation.

The operators claimed they had been selling at this price for 5 years and would maintain it for at least another 3 years. They cannot comply with the new rule due to their high operation costs. However, they are willing to install free drinking water dispensers in their stores as an alternative for customers, starting 28 August onwards.

The Ministry of Commerce will start checking and taking action against vendors who sell overpriced bottled water from 1 September in line with the Consumer Goods and Service Prices Committee’s recent announcement on the water price control.

The latest announcement specifies that the price of 500-600 milliliter bottled water must not exceed 7 THB while a 1.5-liter bottle must be priced at 14 THB or less. Vendors who resist to comply will face a penalty of up to 7-year imprisonment and/or 140,000-THB fine.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-08-24 footer_n.gif

When I was in Thailand , you could fill a 1 litre bottle from a soi=side purufication machine for 1 Baht , here in Cambodia I get 20 litres of purified water delivered to my door for 30Baht , that is why 10Baht is expensive for a glass of water .

'TAWP' timestamp='1282680445' post='3836827']

So don't buy it and stop complaining...?

I am well aware we all have a choice to "Buy or not to buy " , that is not a question but a fact , I am not complaining , I merely pointed out how cheap good water is to purchase and restaurants have the choice to purchase it also . When a buisness person complains about high overheads so he can gouge his patrons , I say it is about time he/she learned to make more prudent purchasing options , this benifits both parties .

More important , it is pertinant to give good quality and service to clientel to improve the customer base numbers , by far the best way to advertise is by word of mouth from contented customers , not whine about your problems which can be/are often self induced . My first boss gave me some sound advise "People do not come to my establishment to listen to my problems , they come to have thier own problems fixed in a competant manner at reasonable cost " . This has stood in my way of thinking for half a century with good results .

I learned over several years that this is not a Thai trait , much to thier loss , so be it said , so be it done , end of lesson .

I am well aware we all have a choice to "Buy or not to buy " , that is not a question but a fact , I am not complaining , I merely pointed out how cheap good water is to purchase and restaurants have the choice to purchase it also . When a buisness person complains about high overheads so he can gouge his patrons , I say it is about time he/she learned to make more prudent purchasing options , this benifits both parties .

Nonsense. Do you go to an upscale restaurant and complain that the tofu dish is 2000 baht too?

Well in my EU country many restaurants charge for tap water with ice around 50 B. They say it is the cost of serving it.

Bottled water is very cheap in Thailand and I will happily pay 10 to 20 B for a bottle to avoid getting sick.

Water that comes in a bottle gives no guarantee of its purity , no matter what the beautifull picture on the lable denotes , water run through a 7 stage ceramic filter is about as best you can get , provided you keep the filter correctly serviced .

'sirchai' timestamp='1282579890' post='3833973']='thaimelody' timestamp='1282490223' post='3831356']

My local KFC has always had free drinking water and the nice staff bring it round too.

It wasn't about :jap: your local KFC.......

Pray tell us SIR , when did KFC cease to be a fast food outlet ??????????????

'TAWP' timestamp='1282720271' post='3838010']

'dumball' timestamp='1282711916' post='3837639']

Nonsense. Do you go to an upscale restaurant and complain that the tofu dish is 2000 baht too?

That would rather be accorded on what you define as an upscale restaurant , one that encourages an upscale ego with lots of fancy embelleshments , or rather one that serves good healthy food in a clean environment for a corresponding cost , I personally have always preffered the later

As an aside though, I wonder why all of a sudden the government has jumped on this apparent "non-issue".

In terms of protecting the poor, it doesn't achieve anything and is only serving to pick a fight with KFC, Mcdonalds and a plethora of other companies. Was someone thinking of entering the market with supposedly "higher value" tap water, or is the first ever anti-monopoly/oligopoly piece of legislation passed in Thailand? I have a feeling "Vitamin" water was about to be launched and mess with the market.

Coca-Cola and beer are 90% water. What if the given volume of ice in a bag against the price of water exceeds the price?

Does this apply to Evian?

Edited by Thai at Heart