Wheel Deflating

momosan

One of my tires (rear/driver side) keep leaking air. It's doesn't seem to be much though. I fill it weekly to 30psi and every time it seems to have lost about half the pressure during the week's usage (12-15psi left). What are the sound options available for me to get this taken care of here in the LoS?

There's many threads on here. Just put Nitrogen in your tires.laugh.gif

What the beach bum said. Could be a nail, could be the valve.

Drive down Sukhuvit turn left onto Rama4 and then just before the first soi there is a tyre shop usually they are doing nothing.coffee1.gif

Edited by VocalNeal

rub spit on the valve to see if thats leaking, if not you will need a shop to look at it. depending on the tyre you could keep filling it up every couple of days. if the tyres are mega budget the walls will start caving in so get the puncture done. It was dirt cheap when I had a bike tyre done.

I agree, tire shop, probably the valve is leaking. I don't know if they have tire sealing cans here, but I hear mixed opinions about them. I have used them in the past, and they are cheap, but if you don't follow the directions properly, you can cause a little wobble at high speed, and it really is a short term fix anyway.

I had a tyre losing a few psi over a week.  Suspected a leaking valve or rim, kept topping it up.  Eventually had it checked at a tyre shop.  2 nails were found, plugged.  No problems since.  In all my experience of driving over the years, much of it offroad in deserts, never had such a slow puncture before.  Loads of blow outs or very quick deflations, but nothing like this.

I'd bet on a nail, valve maybe but my money is on a nail.

THe thing is you can have a small leak for some time but every time your wheel rotates, it changes shape - flexes - and the nail or whatever has pierced you tire is moving just a little - at some point this could get critical and various scenarios follow

Firstly you come to your car and the tire has gone completely flat all of a sudden.

Secondly by the time you've got it checked it might have done more damage to your tire resulting in the need for a replacement

Thirdly it might "give out" whilst you're driving....you really don't want that to happen........

Get it seen to FAST!

Edited by Deeral

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, took it into tire/mag shop across the road. Used a rotary lift to lift up the car, showed me a single nail deeply embedded in the wheel that was leaking (others had nothing). Two guys worked for 10 mins flat and had wheel back on and I was off again for 100 baht :lol: