Jamesons Weekly Menu

Jamesons

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing i can say about the "Spacial Menu" I was duped into trying a few months back is LOL what a piss take.

So I go for the three course steak meal, hhhmmmm sounds great, Quiche for starters, then a stake, followed by a dessert. WOW and only a quarter of the normal price!! Sign me up, what a bargain.

HOWEVER

The Quiche was ONE mouthful, so i'm thinking OK??? Then the (nearly said stake) TWO whole mouthfuls of "stake" came, then i was presented with ONE mouthful of pudding with one table spoonful of custard???

That is what i call a sample menu not a special menu, I paid a quarter of the price and got a quater of the meal. Unless they really are the portion sizes?? but if that is the case and you paid full price that, it would be a massive rip off.

A special means you pay a special price and get the exact same meal you would if you paid full price.

Now before i get the cheap charlie BS, I eat out 2-3 times a week I live and work here and have no worries paying 400-500 in a pub for a good meal.

But this was a blatant rip off. I finshed my meager portioned excuses for a meal and left feeling hungry!!! and pissed off.

I will comment on this. I did try the new specials menu ONE TIME for the "lamb and lemon pie" item. The portion was quite ample. However it wasn't what I expected in a pie, it was indeed more like a thick quiche slice. It was mostly potatoes and tasted too greasy and not freshly made. The advertised lamb comprised of well less than 10 percent of the volume, so they could have better called it potato pie with essences of lemon and lamb. The overall experience did not compare to their old daily menu, with main dishes such as beef and mushroom pie baked in a bowl topped with the pie pastry, which WERE excellent. Sorry, based on this one experience, they have gone backwards in their specials offers.

The place is a sponsor. I appreciate the weekly listings. They may have a dish I want to try again so I like to check it out every week. I didn't like the lamb and lemon pie but I may give them another chance. For the weekly specials, maybe it is better to try it EARLY in the week. I have a feeling if you hit it at the end of the week, more chance of warmed over food. Sorry, I know the restaurant business is brutal.

wny not post a sitcky instead of clogging up the board every week.....btw the guinness seems outrageously priced

Jamesons is a Sponsor of Thai Visa, and its nice to see them taking an active part in the board.

• Like 1

I will say that I have had the Beef pastie listed for this week and IMO it was very good and very tasty. In fact it was also very filling and I could not finish it. all.

I have never seen a small portion as AndyPooots has said he had.

My favourite special so far as been the Moussaka - which was excellent.

I will aree with Jingthing - the lamb and lemon pie looked and smelled good but wasn't quite up to expectations. (I did have a fair amount of lamb in there though)

Utterlyuseful - How can one forum clog up the board?

And yes, I do eat all over the place and know wat I like!!

Had the 3 course meal (pork) the other day,verdict = poor value. Starter was just a bowl with lettuce leaf ,few bread crumbs and bacon bits,the desert was a very small fruit individual pie plonked on top of warmed up bit of custard,so the first and last could be discarded as cardboard cut outs. The main meal was pork AKA fat ,lots of it. At 255 Baht poor value

Had the 3 course meal (pork) the other day,verdict = poor value. Starter was just a bowl with lettuce leaf ,few bread crumbs and bacon bits,the desert was a very small fruit individual pie plonked on top of warmed up bit of custard,so the first and last could be discarded as cardboard cut outs. The main meal was pork AKA fat ,lots of it. At 255 Baht poor value

Bet your a joy to hang out with.

not to worry onnut, jori never as anything nice to say. In fact, I am under the impression that he does not even go to Jamesons!

not to worry onnut, jori never as anything nice to say. In fact, I am under the impression that he does not even go to Jamesons!

OK there are two of you,both backing each other up, both on the staff/payrolls or whatever. I tell you both the roast pork 3 course dinner was foul. I have good meals and bad meals and that ranked BAD.

Basically it was a one course meal with a few extras for starters and finishers that I would not even attempt to classify as paying courses,the main meal would stand at 255 baht ,because that was all it consisted of one I could have gotten at between 99 to 129 Bht anywhere

So I go for the three course steak meal, hhhmmmm sounds great, Quiche for starters, then a stake, followed by a dessert. WOW and only a quarter of the normal price!! Sign me up, what a bargain.

HOWEVER

The Quiche was ONE mouthful, so i'm thinking OK??? Then the (nearly said stake) TWO whole mouthfuls of "stake" came, then i was presented with ONE mouthful of pudding with one table spoonful of custard???

That is what i call a sample menu not a special menu, I paid a quarter of the price and got a quater of the meal. Unless they really are the portion sizes?? but if that is the case and you paid full price that, it would be a massive rip off.

A special means you pay a special price and get the exact same meal you would if you paid full price.

Now before i get the cheap charlie BS, I eat out 2-3 times a week I live and work here and have no worries paying 400-500 in a pub for a good meal.

But this was a blatant rip off. I finshed my meager portioned excuses for a meal and left feeling hungry!!! and pissed off.

There is always some tart that has to have a moan! Probably never even eaten in there.

[

Looking back at the threads your both at it Aussiechick and Onnut,anyone who makes critical remarks it is only you two that defend these atrocious meals. It is OK being a sponser but lets not defraud at the same time. There is something odd about you two. The meal was disgusting,and it is disgusting to witness the behaviour of individuals covering up that fact

I'll follow this up one more time. I think Aussiechick and Oonut are one of the same, I think the moderator should check the IP address of both. It is noticable the style of writing plus the use of exclamation marks. I know you Aussiechick like the use of them,but hey do I see one in oonut-case quote too?,now there is a coincidence,especially when one was not needed,just your style Aussiechick!!!!!

I'll follow this up one more time. I think Aussiechick and Oonut are one of the same, I think the moderator should check the IP address of both. It is noticable the style of writing plus the use of exclamation marks. I know you Aussiechick like the use of them,but hey do I see one in oonut-case quote too?,now there is a coincidence,especially when one was not needed,just your style Aussiechick!!!!!

Check my IP address. You will find I live in BKK. I go to Pattaya occasionally and when there I either go to Jamesons or Shananigans in Jomtian, I don't enyoy the one in Pattaya. I do not even think I have met The Aussiechick, last time I was in Jamesons was a couple of months ago.

I don't see why you would highjack I thread like this. Nothing better to do I guess.

Did the fact that Aussiechick posted the menu for the week commencing 30th August influence your judgement ?:whistling:

Did the fact that Aussiechick posted the menu for the week commencing 30th August influence your judgement ?:whistling:

Not a bit,but was encouraged by her comments to try the food,but to describe it as disgusting was an understatement. It was the foulest food I have ever tasted in Pattaya. The pork was not meat it was entirely fat.

Personally, I think this weekly menu thing is a dud. It is a good thing for businesses to try new things and mix it up, but their long standing daily menu special program was a better program. I hope they go back to it.

Must agree with this. The daily specials were consistent and dam_n good value.

Personally, I think this weekly menu thing is a dud. It is a good thing for businesses to try new things and mix it up, but their long standing daily menu special program was a better program. I hope they go back to it.

Must agree with this. The daily specials were consistent and dam_n good value.

I reckon their weekly special is easier for them the manage from their end of it, but what's easiest for the business isn't always the best experience for the CUSTOMERS.

Not a bit,but was encouraged by her comments to try the food,but to describe it as disgusting was an understatement. It was the foulest food I have ever tasted in Pattaya. The pork was not meat it was entirely fat.

I don't know jori, I have no clue who onnut is (but I know who I would rather meet!) BTW the moderators would pick up very quickly if there was the same IP address.

I also guess that this means jori wont be coming to watch the last Tri Nations game this afternoon at Jamesons :blink:

Although entertaining, reading through this post feels a lot like dodging bullets in a war zone. But, it just makes me want to head over to Jameson's and give 'em a try. I live in Jomtien; I participate in TV regularly and they are a sponser; so many people have so many varying opinions on the place. I gotta go and see for myself. And, hey: every restaurant is entitled to serve a bad meal (by mistake!) once in awhile. It happens; nobody's perfect. The "foulest meal in Pattaya...?" vs. "a good deal for the money?" Whoa; this I gotta see. When you serving Moussaka again, Jameson's? Too much brew-haha men, take it easy...