90 Day Reporting

If you have a 1 year extension then yes you have to report every 90 days. However if you leave the country every 90 days on the multiple entry visa and get a new entry stamp then no you do not have to report at immigration every 90 days. I did this for 3 years and never got the slip for reporting, but when I switched to the 1 year extension I had to.

You visit an Immigration office during the last 30 days of any entry with proof of 800k in Thai bank account 2 months or 65k per month income or a combination to meet 800k and fill out a TM.7 form/attach 4x6cm photo and pay 1,900 baht. Normal photo copies of passport/arrival card and perhaps proof of abode. Very easy process.

You visit an Immigration office during the last 30 days of any entry with proof of 800k in Thai bank account 2 months or 65k per month income or a combination to meet 800k and fill out a TM.7 form/attach 4x6cm photo and pay 1,900 baht. Normal photo copies of passport/arrival card and perhaps proof of abode. Very easy process.

I thought the B800K ,had to be in your bank a/c for 3 months ?

The first extension you only need 2 months, after that it is indeed 3 months. But he asked about his first extension.

Thanks for the information. I did it today and as you said, I didn't need anything else to bring other than my passport and address. Next time I guess I have to bring that slip of paper they gave me with the next reporting date. I was in and out in about 30 minutes. And that was with a screw-up on my part. I was under the impression that my 90 days began again when I renewed my retirement visa but this was not the case and so I was a month late in reporting - from my entry date. 2,000 baht fine.

Thanks for the information. I did it today and as you said, I didn't need anything else to bring other than my passport and address. Next time I guess I have to bring that slip of paper they gave me with the next reporting date. I was in and out in about 30 minutes. And that was with a screw-up on my part. I was under the impression that my 90 days began again when I renewed my retirement visa but this was not the case and so I was a month late in reporting - from my entry date. 2,000 baht fine.

Apart from fine I am pleased that all went well.

BT

How does airport immigration know that you have or have not been to local immigration for reporting? Is there a stamp in the passport? What happens if say you are a week late and try to leave the country by air, would immigration be looking for 90 day reporting information or would they be just looking at the entry stamp?

The first extension you only need 2 months, after that it is indeed 3 months. But he asked about his first extension.

Up to your local office, they dont stick to the rules...be aware

How does airport immigration know that you have or have not been to local immigration for reporting? Is there a stamp in the passport? What happens if say you are a week late and try to leave the country by air, would immigration be looking for 90 day reporting information or would they be just looking at the entry stamp?

Airport is only interested in your permitted to stay time and departure card as most travels are not subject to 90 day reporting.

Airport is only interested in your permitted to stay time and departure card as most travels are not subject to 90 day reporting.

So, if my permit to stay and departure card are valid, should I have a problem, at the airport, if my 90 day reporting isn't current?

Edited by joealx

I have similar question too. If I came to Thailand with Non-O Visa and I got stamp to my passport with 90 days. But I don't go anywhere after this 90 days, just reporting to Immigration Office. They give me new stamp +90 days to my passport or not?

Because if they don't give any stamp, look like I am overstaying.

Edited by billyfix

If you have a 1 year extension then yes you have to report every 90 days. However if you leave the country every 90 days on the multiple entry visa and get a new entry stamp then no you do not have to report at immigration every 90 days. I did this for 3 years and never got the slip for reporting, but when I switched to the 1 year extension I had to.

Uuuuhhh...if you are on multi-entry you *cannot* report every 90 days, as it does nothing...as you are *required* to leave the country every 90 days.

I have similar question too. If I came to Thailand with Non-O Visa and I got stamp to my passport with 90 days. But I don't go anywhere after this 90 days, just reporting to Immigration Office. They give me new stamp +90 days to my passport or not?

If you are not on extension, you are over-staying your Visa...required to leave every 90 days.

Yes Overstay. You must exit the country every 90 days.

Yes Overstay. You must exit the country every 90 days.

Thank you every answers.

Little bit surprise me. I thought if I have Non-O 1 year visa I can stay in Thailand for 1 year.

-

Thank you every answers.

Little bit surprise me. I thought if I have Non-O 1 year visa I can stay in Thailand for 1 year.

If you have a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa you have as many entries as you want for a year. Each entry has a maximum of 90 days.

Make an entry just befor the Visa expires and you will get another 90 days making a total of 15 months.

When u get the 9o day report you receive a piece of paper that they stamop when u reported and when ur next due. As far as Phuket goes this does not go in any computer.

Past two times i have taken the 90 day slip out of my passport and then left the country,. Was not asked for the paper.

If you leave the country before the 90 days, the 90 days resets on the day you return to Thailand, no matter what the date says in the paper slip they will attach to your passport when you report.

But before you leave - get a multiple reentry permit Form TM8. If you don't you will void your 1 year visa on exit!!!