Question For People With Suzuki Skydrive

Knakpattra

Hello all...

SO, i recently bought this bike and truly loving it, it makes Phuket much more pleasant, not spending 500 baht on one way taxi trips anymore.

Got the bike frm an orginal Suzuki dealer and found out that the manual is completely in Thai. Seems that they also dont have any english manual. My TG translated some parts but she has no idea about some of the words as she is a complete noob on engines and similar stuff.

I have spent at least 2 hours looking for an english manual on the internet, found out that there is noooooooothing at all, only that this bike is popular mainly in Philipines, not much about Thailand at all and that its being launched in India soon. I even registered at some Phils forum, trying to ask there but its all of no use. Its just not there, very weird.

Would a Skydrive owner be so kind to inform me about the maintenance, the schedule by km's, oil(s)/ disc brake fluid, anything that is required, how long the break-in period is and perhaps any other info i should know? Bike has now done nearly 300km's

Thanks in advance....

Its probably called something else in other countries. You probably need to find out what its called in Philipines/Malaysia/Indonesia/Vietnam and then you are more likely to find a manual for it. Also you will often find the basic bike has different plastics or is configured differently for other markets. So it will look different but the mechanics will be the same. The Suzuki FD110 engine is in many Suzuki small bikes; quite often the mechanics are used on alot of different models.

Edited by MaiChai

Thanks for the reply and effort.

Maichai,..I have been looking around like you said and i just cant find anything, its kinda weird there is absolutely nothing. Loads of Philipine discussion on forums, but cant read Tagalog :( Im also sure that the engines will be the same here and there in different bikes with some adjustments and small differences. Problem is that i just like to know for sure if i am comparing the right ones with the Skydrive but i aint much of an engineer, or have loads of knowlegde of engines so i prefer the original one so i can read all about the details and be in time for any maintenance. Its dam_n silly though, a machine of 49000 baht, released in multiple countries and NO english manual anywere :(

Richard, thanks for uploading the parts, saved the doc and always handy to have. If you can scan the owners manual i would be extremely happy, just make sure it does not take tooo much of your time when you do... where did you get it from in the first place?

:)

Edited by Knakpattra
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey. I happen to stumble on this forum and perhaps I could be of some help. I have a copy of an English version of the owners manual of a Suzuki Skydrive . Do you still need it? I can scan it and send to you. Anyway, let me know if your interested.

Took some time today and went to see 2 other Suzuki shops,... highly annoying that there is NO English manual, cant understand why!

Richard, my hope is on u ;)

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
On 9/15/2010 at 2:49 PM, ChrisVaz said:

Hey. I happen to stumble on this forum and perhaps I could be of some help. I have a copy of an English version of the owners manual of a Suzuki Skydrive . Do you still need it? I can scan it and send to you. Anyway, let me know if your interested.

Any luck with the manual, servicing KM is what I am after, thanks

Here are the parts and service manuals  skydrive.zip  mostly Thai.

servicing ??  change the engine oil and filter regularly 

(normal oil 4000 km or 6 months, filter every second oils change )

everything else fix it when it breaks.

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/7/2019 at 2:09 PM, Seeall said:

Any luck with the manual, servicing KM is what I am after, thanks

On 3/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, johng said:

Here are the parts and service manuals  skydrive.zip  mostly Thai.

servicing ??  change the engine oil and filter regularly 

(normal oil 4000 km or 6 months, filter every second oils change )

everything else fix it when it breaks.

Gear oil could be an idea to change sometime...