Briton Falls To His Death At Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel

webfact

Ohhh BIB and their detective skills.

Case open and shut and all under 60 mins and still have time for lunch.

Clearly guy had the money to check into VIP room, clearly he was not an expat to stay at At Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel, so why would someone with money, a tourist at the age of 30 climb outside???

RIP to his family.

Ohhh dear, very anti-police. They must be responsible for everything.

I guess when you are an expert arm-chair detective yourself it must be very hard to have any police meet your high investigative standards.

Anyway, I dont want to hold you up, another episode of CSI starts shortly :rolleyes:

Bring back Colombo & Ironside ..2 of the best detectives ever rolleyes.gif

They would have it sorted out right away. I didn't think there was anyone still alive who remembers ironside. LOL. Are you from Wales?

Naw, bring back Dobie Gillis and Maynard G. Krebbs!

Naw -- too young -- " Name's Friday -- Just give me the facts"

He solved them all on Dragnet.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He fell from the 4th floor but stayed on the 8th floor, according to some reports

From the OP.

Smith reportedly went to the rooftop on the eighth floor before climbing down the building's glass windows until he reached the fourth floor when he fell.

The OP also says he was staying on the 2nd floor.

Ofcourse, other reports might state something different.

Sad report, RIP

There are so many different sceniros one could paint on why he did what he did .

A proper post mortam will reveil whether he had any alchol or drugs in his system .

Also the hotel must be covered with lots of cctv , thus to check if he had visitors ect , also did he leave any note ect ?

I hope the british embassey follow up on this one and a proper investigation is made

Rip

Many posters have theories and ideas. Some believe he was a victim of foul play, others do not. While I see many quaint personable reasonable foreigners living in or visiting thailand, I have to say there seems to be a disproportionately high % of people with "issues". Be they drug, alcohol, social, psychological, or psychiatric. I don't think the expat population represents a true cross section/sampling of their respective countries. In addition, in places like pattaya, low elements of thai society are attracted for either business or criminality. Add alcohol and drugs to the mix and it is not difficult to understand the situation

This, IMO, is why we seem to see so many people dying on motorbikes or jumping, not to say some of them are not pushed or thrown off, and not to say the police are angels.

How could he have climbed down from the 8th floor when the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel only has four floors to begin with?

So assuming he climbed down the glass windows from the 4th floor, he must have reached ground level before mysteriously succumbing to the excitement of it all.

Sad and very common in Thailand, farangs jumping out of windows in hotel rooms

The published report does not mention anything about a falang jumping from a hotel room window!

T.I.T. Where Farangs seem to fly outof hotel room windows at the drop of a hat.

I especially like the newspaper stories on the suicides with bound hands and feet.

So, yes, another very odd story about some foreigner falling from a building in a very unusual fashion.

Thailand does not have many records but I believe Thailand must hold

the record of people falling, jumping or being pushed off the top of buildings

to their death.............. not a very nice record but then again I guess it quite

suits Thailand really.

From a website that features the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel - [http: //www. bangkokai...ne.com/node/20] ;

The Novotel features 612 rooms in two square-shaped five-storey buildings, covering 10.5 hectares, with large open atrium areas in the centre of each structure. The two buildings are also joined by another massive glass atrium designed as the hotel lobby. With a lobby covering 2,800sqm five-stories in height, the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel boasts the largest hotel lobby in the world.

From the news story;

Smith reportedly went to the rooftop on the eighth floor before climbing down the building's glass windows until he reached the fourth floor when he fell. Police suspect the wounds were from cuts sustained while climbing down. Police will speak to his relatives for more information.

It appears that there is no such thing as a 'VIP Room' at this hotel;

[http: //www.novotel.c...ort/room.shtml]

Since nothing appears to be coherent about this unfortunate situation, why are all the moronic speculators continuing to show the world how moronic they really are?

This reminds of the story about the people who had a mishap in a lift (elevator). Regarding the lift story, most respondents did not have a clue about anything.

It took me about 30 minutes to find info about this particular hotel on the web. It would take about the same time or less to enquire by phone (during business hours). Why don't 'journalists' bother to find out the details before they publish such questionable rubbish?

EDIT: to use the links, you must remove the unnecessary spaces...if you know how to do this :lol:

Edited by elkangorito

There are many thrillseekers who will climb up, or down, anything: buildings, mountains, arches, bridges and such. This happens rather often and, so as not to make some fancy assertion about escaping or trying to get away from something, I would presume that he was climbing down to exercise his skills (well, in this case, an obvious lack) in climbing the face of a tall building. He, more than likely, may have done this in the past. Too bad he did not make it.

Maybe he was actualy trying to escape the clutches of kingpower and police extortion and his attempt to escape went very wrong, hence the lack of details,

ok, I think from now on when people enter the country they should be advised not climb the outside of building. it does NOT matter if it is the 2nd 3rd 4th 8th .... nth floor just don't do it

This would make things easier for those of us new to the country. So perhaps the government has not done enough. simple answer to simple problem

brit government can advise all travellers to thailand to use lifts and stairs wells like everyone else and not to jump or fall from windows in any hotels even if you are in pattaya there is no call for , and everyone should be warned that insurance may not cover these acts, the policy should clearly state no cover available for climbing on outside of buildings,

see easy

ok, I think from now on when people enter the country they should be advised not climb the outside of building. it does NOT matter if it is the 2nd 3rd 4th 8th .... nth floor just don't do it

This would make things easier for those of us new to the country. So perhaps the government has not done enough. simple answer to simple problem

brit government can advise all travellers to thailand to use lifts and stairs wells like everyone else and not to jump or fall from windows in any hotels even if you are in pattaya there is no call for , and everyone should be warned that insurance may not cover these acts, the policy should clearly state no cover available for climbing on outside of buildings,

see easy

You sound a bit like a previous member by the nick of 'Weho'; :lol:

http://www.thaivisa....-near-disaster/

Bring back Colombo & Ironside ..2 of the best detectives ever rolleyes.gif

They would have it sorted out right away. I didn't think there was anyone still alive who remembers ironside. LOL. Are you from Wales?

Not remember Ironside?

How about Raymond Burr's earlier role as DA "Perry Mason"

Rgds

NeillyThere

This is the google translate page of the Thai Rath version, should anyone want to try and figure out more details.

http://translate.goo...3Ldp7YozvM-pCcg

That translation has to be a classic. The man starts off by being a woman, ends up as a man. Translation of Thai police names is also amazing. The only fact to come out, is that we have no facts...........

My sympathy to the family. RIP.

This wasn't Pattaya. It is not common outside of that little black hole. I agree, this was very wierd. I am interested in seeing more details.

Dont hold your breath.

This wasn't Pattaya. It is not common outside of that little black hole. I agree, this was very wierd. I am interested in seeing more details.

dont hold your breath,just a farang

its only weird if u want it to be

see easy

You sound a bit like a previous member by the nick of 'Weho'; :lol:

http://www.thaivisa....-near-disaster/

lol, you're correct I think he/she may be a relative, certainly related somehow

I suspect he was a victim of king power :whistling:

Thats what i was thinking!

Another thing, how do people climb down glass windows as reported in the article? Cuts to his hands could be defense wounds. Either this guy was being chased by someone, was as high as a kite or was pushed because he didn't pay the police their extortion fee. I would like to know more about this incident!

To the many small minded xxxxxxx here with nothing better to do than get as many posts up as possible....

Jim 'living the dream' Smith worked all over the world and embraced life like you could never imagine. Yes, the circumstances are unusual added with piss poor reporting but you should really get a grip and start thinking about your stupid comments upsetting friends and relatives who read this website. Please, grow up and get a life!

Jim had a long layover on his way from the UK to another SE Asian country for about 2 months work. He didnt have a lot of money 'cos he just spent the last year travelling SE Asia on a motorbike and would have got the VIP room 'cos the company booked/ paid for it, not because he was well to do. He is also an avid 'urban explorer' and combined with photography, a sport/hobby he was very passionate about and not something he did under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Quite simply, he climbed the roof/ glass etc because he could. Unfortunately, he slipped and fell to his untimely death (hotel cctv has confirmed this).

Now, some comments on here have caused considerable trauma to those close to Jim that I directed here to be informed of how Jim met his maker. You should really be ashamed of yourself for being such a poor example of a human being. You know nothing. Yet you try to impress people on here who you don't even know about someone who isn't here about a subject you haven't even heard of before. You are pathetic. And this is not an isolated incident, it was worse when Big Joe died.

Goodbye thaivisa, you have let the rats take over the ship.

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed. Rooo.

To the many small minded xxxxxxx here with nothing better to do than get as many posts up as possible....

Jim 'living the dream' Smith worked all over the world and embraced life like you could never imagine. Yes, the circumstances are unusual added with piss poor reporting but you should really get a grip and start thinking about your stupid comments upsetting friends and relatives who read this website. Please, grow up and get a life!

Jim had a long layover on his way from the UK to another SE Asian country for about 2 months work. He didnt have a lot of money 'cos he just spent the last year travelling SE Asia on a motorbike and would have got the VIP room 'cos the company booked/ paid for it, not because he was well to do. He is also an avid 'urban explorer' and combined with photography, a sport/hobby he was very passionate about and not something he did under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Quite simply, he climbed the roof/ glass etc because he could. Unfortunately, he slipped and fell to his untimely death (hotel cctv has confirmed this).

Now, some comments on here have caused considerable trauma to those close to Jim that I directed here to be informed of how Jim met his maker. You should really be ashamed of yourself for being such a poor example of a human being. You know nothing. Yet you try to impress people on here who you don't even know about someone who isn't here about a subject you haven't even heard of before. You are pathetic. And this is not an isolated incident, it was worse when Big Joe died.

Goodbye thaivisa, you have let the rats take over the ship.

Sorry for yours and his families loss.

Edited by Rooo
flame in quote removed,Rooo.

Hello ptpirate,

Hopefully you read my post # 43 where I passed on my condolences to the family and friends of Jim. At the time I was trying to address some of the very issues you raised in your post. By updating the forum with the information you have provided it is clear that the Police and other people involved in investigating this matter have been very thorough. Thankfully there is no longer any mystery and the family and friends of Jim can move forward knowing how his death occurred.

I hope you all find some peace in knowing that your loved one died doing something he truely cherrished and enjoyed. Sorry for your loss.

Hopefully some people on the forum will start to realise that their pathetic calls and comments about Thai Police and subsequent investigations as well as their useless assumptions etc are totally uncalled for.

• Like 1