Canadian Dies After Apparently Falling Off A Train In Ratchaburi

Buchholz

There is a report that a Canadian man, Jordan Adri, aged 26, has died after apparently falling off a train earlier today in Ratchaburi province.

I'll post more information once it is published from a quotable source as the above comes from BP.

There is a report in Thai here:

http://breakingnews.nationchannel.com/read.php?newsid=464666

Edited by Buchholz

the Thai report said he had 8000 Baht on him not eight million Baht

We are waiting for more info

the translation actually reads -

And also found cash in more than eight billion baht with a passport and identity card

but anyway, lets wait for more info

RIP

the Thai report said he had 8000 Baht on him not eight million Baht

We are waiting for more info

the translation actually reads -

And also found cash in more than eight billion baht with a passport and identity card

but anyway, lets wait for more info

RIP

Read in Thai without Google translation, it says more than 8,000 baht and a passport.

The translation says he had 8 million baht on him? RIP.

From my experience I have found it quite difficult to put that much in your wallet and be able to get it in your pocket.

after B.I.B; arrive it became 8000 bth:D

Read in Thai without Google translation, it says more than 8,000 baht and a passport.

Correct! In Thai it says 8,000 Baht and his parents are shipping his body back to Canada. Very sad! A young man on a holiday to Thailand and fell off in between cars while getting some air and nobody saw it happen.

maybe he had never been in this kind of car and had no idea it is open and he had to be careful .Last time I went I took my kid in my arms togo to the restaurant.

In France I'd suspect someone pushed him ( people get pushed in the underground) but I generally feel safe in Thaï trains , especially when I have a Singha with the drunk tamrouat in front of me

I myself got pushed hard in the back while getting off a suburb train and was lucky to hold to the bar.In France of course.

Edited by souvenirdeparis

I guess the paramount question remains , was he pushed .pulled or sucked off of the train ? To be half way around the world and meet his demise in this tragic manner , may he rest in peace .

Condolences to his family having him snatched away in such an untimely manner .

While obviously not knowing the circumstances of this incident, persons regularly stand between the train cars to have a cigarette -- I have seen many lose their balance when the train jolts...

Smoking can kill you. Better take a beer.

maybe he had never been in this kind of car and had no idea it is open and he had to be careful .Last time I went I took my kid in my arms togo to the restaurant.

In France I'd suspect someone pushed him ( people get pushed in the underground) but I generally feel safe in Thaï trains , especially when I have a Singha with the drunk tamrouat in front of me

I myself got pushed hard in the back while getting off a suburb train and was lucky to hold to the bar.In France of course.

<deleted>, what kind of lunatics you got running around France that it is common to be randomly murdered out of the blue?!

I guess the paramount question remains , was he pushed .pulled or sucked off of the train ? To be half way around the world and meet his demise in this tragic manner , may he rest in peace .

The Thai article states he fell off while getting some air. No one saw him fall and he was discovered 3 hours later along the tracks.

I'd like to say 'good for you' to the people who turned in the 8,000 baht (rather than keep it as so often happens when accident victims get robbed at the scene or on the way to the hospital). Or, should it be 'shame on you' for keeping the 12,000 from the 20,000 he was carrying?

RIP sir.

I take the sleeper train to Udon very often and find it a fairly smooth ride but 2 weeks ago I had to take the diesel sprinter and found it almost impossible to sleep on the stretch north of Saraburi to Korat. The rocking was really quite violent, throwing your head backwards and forwards, I thought the train was going to jump the tracks at times.

It would be easy to fall off the bars\rails flanking the walkway between the carriages, especially if one was sitting on the bar as opposed to leaning on it with that sort of motion.

Does anyone remember the story of the Canadian sitting on the window of his sleeping berth on the way to Surat who just fell out backwards a couple of years ago? He'd been drinking.

sucked off of the train ! new service or what?