Thai Baht

Lance12

For maximum exchange value do all conversion in home country of the currency.

which one?

I take it you have no idea what country the money came from.

No I'm asking which currency, the one you want or the one you dont?

For maximum exchange value do all conversion in home country of the currency.

which one?

I take it you have no idea what country the money came from.

No I'm asking which currency, the one you want or the one you dont?

Make it easy. Lets say you are from the UK and are in Thailand and going back home. You have 50,000 baht you do want. Do not take it with you. You will get a better exchange rate in Thailand for your GBP than you would in London. This is true for all currency exchange them in their home country for the currency you want.

For sure. Best exchange rate at superich, bangkok

Vasu will also give you a good exchange rate, any amount too. £50 notes prefered.

Right under Nana sky train between sukhumvit soi 5 and 7

I always found Vasu to be the best rates and very reliable

For sure. Best exchange rate at superich, bangkok

Vasu will also give you a good exchange rate, any amount too. £50 notes prefered.

Right under Nana sky train between sukhumvit soi 5 and 7

I always found Vasu to be the best rates and very reliable

What do you mean by very "reliable" ... reliable on what !

The Intl. FX market is based on currency flactuations, therefore exchange rates can not be regarded as reliable ... on the contrary, they are moving up and down all the time (24/7) as a result currency dealers can not offer any reliability in terms exchange rates.

[

Make it easy. Lets say you are from the UK and are in Thailand and going back home. You have 50,000 baht you do want. Do not take it with you. You will get a better exchange rate in Thailand for your GBP than you would in London. This is true for all currency exchange them in their home country for the currency you want.

If that were true then you are saying it is best to change your £ to baht in the UK which is not the case as you get approx 3-5 baht more to £ here than the UK...basically it is just the old UK rip off at work and you will most always get a better rate for currencies out of the UK for your £

• 2 weeks later...

dont dont dont !!!!change your money in the uk !!! allways but allways take your english notes out with you to thailand, make sure they are in good condition and no rips on them or they will not be accepted. go to many of the small money changing boothes and shop about for the best rate, do not change your money in airports anywhere in the world wether it be heathrow or bangkok. i usually only change £20 in bangkok airport and thats just for the taxi to pattaya or hau hin . the airports will sting you matedry.gif

Edited by dmax

So if I'm visiting Thailand you recommend taking as much UK currency as possible and converting it in Bangkok?

Obviously not a silly amount that can be lost.. but enough that you feel safe carrying..

Surely the difference will only be a few quid here and there :/

Edited by joe7

So if I'm visiting Thailand you recommend taking as much UK currency as possible and converting it in Bangkok?

Obviously not a silly amount that can be lost.. but enough that you feel safe carrying..

Surely the difference will only be a few quid here and there :/

Up to you about £50 on a £1000...depends.

I don't recommend anyone carrying large amounts of cash while traveling but you have to be very selective on how you take your holiday funds. Some folks use debit cards at atms, exchange rates and charges can vary massively. It's a minefield. For anyone from the UK you can't get better than taking a look at the Martin Lewis (TV guy) Money saving expert, travel money page, well worth checking out your options.

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Any tips on the best place to exchange GBP in Pattaya please.

H&H

Hi H&H,

Go to soi Rungland,just off Pattaya thai,near tonys food court,as you turn right into the soi,there is a shop about 50 yards on your left,always the best rates and you dont need a passport for cash.

Edited by somtampet

Any tips on the best place to exchange GBP in Pattaya please.

H&H

Hi H&H,

Go to soi Rungland,just off Pattaya thai,near tonys food court,as you turn right into the soi,there is a shop about 50 yards on your left,always the best rates and you dont need a passport for cash.

Thanks Somtampet, where is Soi Rungland and Pattaya Thai ? although we have been coming to Pattaya for 8 years now and can find our way round quite well we find it hard to tell what roads are called apart from the obvious Soi 1 2 3 etc Beach road, second road, also what uk pound to thai baht exchange rate are you getting if you are out there now ?

Thanks in advance

H & H