Land Title

catwho

I have done a search on this and found all advice to not buy, mostly old,i have a 100rai of prime land at a very good price that i want to buy ,but as many people here farang ,and thai have brought tor bor 5,etc and build on land that is not surpose to be built on all over thailand,whats going to happen with the system,in my search i did find

from PDF file phuket that thailand gov intend to change all land titles to chanotte,but because of non funds and manpower it will take decades,in the mean time, what happens now ,,all over thailand people sell what ever title to each other family or not.

has anyone brought sor bor kor which i was told would now under thai law can or could be changed into new name of new owner, it all sounds like a mine field to me but thais a doing it [WHY] anyone had a prob with this title or know of a prob from this or any title..

thanks cat

went to pay tax on our shop in the agriculture and tech inst,while there got the mrs to ask about sor bor kor ,

was told thai people are selling to each other as they do with every other title and you can put it in your name.at land office ,,one of the bosses there had done just that.

the only problem people might have is if the goverment wants the land back or who ever has it at that time they will probably only be compensated for about 50% of what you paid.if the land was close to a major village or town,later there may be a prob.i still have not heard of anyone buying land what ever tile[through land office]

having it taken from them,Heard lots of storys of shonky deals and rip offs,mainly on farangs.

cat

There was an article in 'the paper which can't be named' a while back that went over ALL the land titles, and had a nifty chart outlining the restrictions, transfer rights, etc.

Due to forum restrictions; I can't jump you the link.

However; I bet if you Googled "A place to call your own", along with the name of the un-named paper, you might find it right at the top of the search.

FWIW: it's a good article. ..

There was an article in 'the paper which can't be named' a while back that went over ALL the land titles, and had a nifty chart outlining the restrictions, transfer rights, etc.

However; I bet if you Googled "A place to call your own", along with the name of the un-named paper, you might find it right at the top of the search.

Its the Bangkok Post. You can not quote it or supply a link but you can name it.

Its the Bangkok Post. You can not quote it or supply a link but you can name it.

In Pattya 4/5 yrs ago they were going to change the seaside part of walking st,to a road as nearly all the resturants and bars were ilegal. the usual whahoo,people brought into soi bukhow, thinking this would happen and walking st would slow down,it never happened,[too many fingers in the pie]

same in the country,it would take a BIG BIG man or goverment to chalange the the whole country where, big nobs and others have either encrouched on gov land or have built and brought land not to be built on, or sold.

the goverment or whoever always have blitzes on somethimes, but it fizzers out , thats why i love the place,, big brother dose not stay around too long, and we go back to paying 100baht for a speeding fine for coppers lunch.

cat

year and half still waiting for thai hubby's land to be officially chanotte. latest news is 'its in the mail'-- we spoke personally with the land people at a great cost in phone bills... apparently 'interested parties' in the muu baan liked our dinky little corner near a more or less 'main' road, so the going got rough on the paperwork and we are overseas os couldnt push and pull... i would never deal with land and thais, regardless of what thais do. u arent thai. same as here in my country, we do stuff i would never recommend a non citizen (read: temp citizen, foreinger, visa visitor) to do, cause while rules and regs are meant to be broken, natives know how to navigate in the system and out of it, and know people. foreigners dont know how to swim in the water the same way...

caveat emptor.

bina

israel

year and half still waiting for thai hubby's land to be officially chanotte. latest news is 'its in the mail'-- we spoke personally with the land people at a great cost in phone bills... apparently 'interested parties' in the muu baan liked our dinky little corner near a more or less 'main' road, so the going got rough on the paperwork and we are overseas os couldnt push and pull... i would never deal with land and thais, regardless of what thais do. u arent thai. same as here in my country, we do stuff i would never recommend a non citizen (read: temp citizen, foreinger, visa visitor) to do, cause while rules and regs are meant to be broken, natives know how to navigate in the system and out of it, and know people. foreigners dont know how to swim in the water the same way...

caveat emptor.

bina

israel

All land and everything we have is in the mrs and kids name,i know the risks involved with sor bor kor and will not buy it,i'll have to pay more for less land but better off laterif i buy more land.

pak chong 50ks down the rd land goes for 400. to 1mill a rai,10ks away land tor bor5 is 100 to 300,000 a rai as we have beauty and mountains in our valleys like pak chong, which bkk thais like, althought not farmers they r buying for profit,later.and a lot have been coming in mini vans to look and buy

i'll just have to wait for the right moment to buy around here,2 yrs ago we brought 20 rai for 10.000 a rai sold one yr later 15000, so we could buy where we r now,i'll probaly have to pay now 20,000 plus for tor bor 5 .but i am happy with that ,the sor bor kor was dropped down to 11,000 form 15.000 and last time got 4.1/2 tone a rai from casava,its a pity ,thanks bina ,we are in thailand.

cat