Five Iranians Arrested At Suvarnabhumi For Smuggling 'Ice' Worth US$1.3mil

webfact

Really! It's a bit unbelievable how many Iranians have been caught for the same offense in the past few months. I would think at this point customs would be screening every Iranian that enters the Kingdom... Is this a "holy war" on Thailand?

Why can't these weirdies stop that shit? Is it money to make a dirty bomb? I'm just sick and tired of Iranians being caught with such a nasty drug. Seems that their government knows what's going on. It really looks like a holy war to me because they are dealing with the death.

Thais do see Iranians as "Farlangs", and we all know how good this will be for all other's reputation. Get the shit out of here.

Holy war??? And the goal is? Let's stone all the thais so...? Spare us, please.

From your link --

I know, if many Jews left Iran, it was for a reason. Hostility exists.

I talked to an Iranian Jewish exile once and he told me all about it. Do you think Jews who are staying in Iran are free to tell the entire truth to the western press?

BTW, you are wrong about antisemitism as well. The president of Iran is a virulent antisemite, just read his own words.

Also quite twisted how you praise Iran for its treatment of minorities and bash Israel. Iran officially MURDERS its gay people, in Israel GAY Arabic Palestinian Israeli citizens enjoy civil rights their brothers in other middle eastern countries (including the Palestinian areas) could only DREAM about.

From the leader of the regime you are defending --

The Jews Are "the Filthiest and Greatest of Criminals, Who [Only] Appear to Be Human"
Ahmadinejad

http://www.memri.org.../0/0/0/4386.htm

Ahmadinejad doesn't hate the Jews at all. If it did and if he were the dictator who fox news says he is, there would be no jew left in iran. Actually a jew in iran can live a better life than a palestinian in israel. Ahmadinejad is against the existence of the state of israel for reasons that are not at all related with Jewry and such. I'm not jewish and I'm not muslim (or iranian), just stating some basic facts.

From your link --

I know, if many Jews left Iran, it was for a reason. Hostility exists.

I talked to an Iranian Jewish exile once and he told me all about it. Do you think Jews who are staying in Iran are free to tell the entire truth to the western press?

BTW, you are wrong about antisemitism as well. The president of Iran is a virulent antisemite, just read his own words.

Also quite twisted how you praise Iran for its treatment of minorities and bash Israel. Iran officially MURDERS its gay people, in Israel GAY Arabic Palestinian Israeli citizens enjoy civil rights their brothers in other middle eastern countries (including the Palestinian areas) could only DREAM about.

From the leader of the regime you are defending --

The Jews Are "the Filthiest and Greatest of Criminals, Who [Only] Appear to Be Human"
Ahmadinejad

http://www.memri.org.../0/0/0/4386.htm

Ahmadinejad doesn't hate the Jews at all. If it did and if he were the dictator who fox news says he is, there would be no jew left in iran. Actually a jew in iran can live a better life than a palestinian in israel. Ahmadinejad is against the existence of the state of israel for reasons that are not at all related with Jewry and such. I'm not jewish and I'm not muslim (or iranian), just stating some basic facts.

You are not stating facts. But this thread is supposed to be about the drug smugglers, so I'll let you have perhaps the last and totally false word about this.

Agreed - lets keep this on topic and cease with the Jew/Gay/Whatever bashing, shall we?

I understand your point in respect to the need to keep this thread from descending into the abyss of hate. Unfortunately, there is a view amongst a great many people in that region of the world, that the selling of drugs to"infidels" is acceptable because the buyers are non-believers. It gets back to the passages that say one is allowed to lie or mistreat non believers. As we all know, Thais are predominately Buddhists and this is seen as idol worship and deserving of sanction. (Hence, the reason why the Taliban blew up the ancient Buddahs in Afghanistan.) This line of reasoning falls apart once the reality of the drug trade takes over because the drug does not discriminate with its users and many muslims suffer from the scourge in Thailand. Therefore, the reference to the "cultural" perspective is valid if used to put things in perspective.

In fairness to the Iranian government, it is trying to cope with a massive drug problem. Poverty and unemployment grip several regions and it has overwhelmed the local authorities. The drugs are flowing because the drug networks have an ability to bribe Iranian officials. The drugs come to Thailand because Bangkok is a transportation hub and unlike KUL or SIN, the security is known to be weak. The choice of BKK as a transit point may be more reflective of the opportunity than anything else.

What some people may be unaware of is that Iran does have some rather enlightened approaches to dealing with drug addicts, particularly heroin addicts. The emphasis is on treatment and rehabilitation. I do not believe that the Iranian people as a whole support or encourage the drug sales. Rather, what we are seeing is the byproduct of the disintegration of society in Iran. It is sad because this is self inflicted and because at one time, Iran was the center of excellence in that region.

I do not believe that the Iranian people as a whole support or encourage the drug sales. Rather, what we are seeing is the byproduct of the disintegration of society in Iran. It is sad because this is self inflicted and because at one time, Iran was the center of excellence in that region.

Good insight that makes sense to me. There are some surprising things about Iran. For example, after Thailand, it is the second biggest hub of sex change operations in the world. The sad part of that statistic is that most of those surgeries are for gay men who don't really want it and aren't naturally transgendered oriented, as gay men in Iran they have nothing but bad choices, try to act straight, try to run from the country, take a risk and perhaps be hung to a poll by their government, or chop it off and at least get to stay alive and some kind of non-ideal sex life.

Edited by Jingthing

Really! It's a bit unbelievable how many Iranians have been caught for the same offense in the past few months. I would think at this point customs would be screening every Iranian that enters the Kingdom... Is this a "holy war" on Thailand?

Why can't these weirdies stop that shit? Is it money to make a dirty bomb? I'm just sick and tired of Iranians being caught with such a nasty drug. Seems that their government knows what's going on. It really looks like a holy war to me because they are dealing with the death.

Thais do see Iranians as "Farlangs", and we all know how good this will be for all other's reputation. Get the shit out of here.

I guess the both of you got your memories on the Iran–Contra affair mixed up. The drugs where dealt by someone else.

What I find shocking is that it's Ramadam. It's a major violation of the holy aspects of the period.

Who knows if they are Muslim, do you?

There are many Jews living in Iran, the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel. They don't celebrate Ramadan.

Typical, blame the Jews. Jews are a tiny minority in Iran and are now persecuted there and number only 30 thousand people out of 71 MILION.

Who is blaming the Jews?

Someone wants to frame Muslims for no other reasons than his Islamophobia. Why you don't intervene when others came up with that Ramadan comment?

And you a wrong. Jews in Iran aren't that terrible persecuted. Iran isn't Israel, a state that don't fully accept the rights of the people living in that area for generations. True Iran has a problem with Israel, but that isn't an anti-semitic issue or religious motivated. Ask the Jewish people who live in Iran. http://www.nytimes.c...on/23cohen.html

surely you are not defending the country happy to murder it's own citizens simply for demonstrating in a peaceful manner, I think the persecution of jews in iran is an open and shut case.

Agreed - lets keep this on topic and cease with the Jew/Gay/Whatever bashing, shall we?

I understand your point in respect to the need to keep this thread from descending into the abyss of hate. Unfortunately, there is a view amongst a great many people in that region of the world, that the selling of drugs to"infidels" is acceptable because the buyers are non-believers. It gets back to the passages that say one is allowed to lie or mistreat non believers. As we all know, Thais are predominately Buddhists and this is seen as idol worship and deserving of sanction. (Hence, the reason why the Taliban blew up the ancient Buddahs in Afghanistan.) This line of reasoning falls apart once the reality of the drug trade takes over because the drug does not discriminate with its users and many muslims suffer from the scourge in Thailand. Therefore, the reference to the "cultural" perspective is valid if used to put things in perspective.

In fairness to the Iranian government, it is trying to cope with a massive drug problem. Poverty and unemployment grip several regions and it has overwhelmed the local authorities. The drugs are flowing because the drug networks have an ability to bribe Iranian officials. The drugs come to Thailand because Bangkok is a transportation hub and unlike KUL or SIN, the security is known to be weak. The choice of BKK as a transit point may be more reflective of the opportunity than anything else.

What some people may be unaware of is that Iran does have some rather enlightened approaches to dealing with drug addicts, particularly heroin addicts. The emphasis is on treatment and rehabilitation. I do not believe that the Iranian people as a whole support or encourage the drug sales. Rather, what we are seeing is the byproduct of the disintegration of society in Iran. It is sad because this is self inflicted and because at one time, Iran was the center of excellence in that region.

I happen to understand arabic, and there is no passage alluding to mistreatement of non believers, the very name islam and acceptance of peace, I have seen the corrupt translations in various countries saying what your post says above, but, no true muslim will want anything but peace,

perhaps you are american?

Islamic people are not the same thing as the Islamic religion. Like all people and all religions not everyone lives up to the highest ideals of their religions. Clearly there are bad players coming from all religions. I don't think criticism of the Iranian regime needs to be directly tied to any opinions about Islam. It is a specific regime with specific cultural, political realities. As liberal westerners, our highest ideals are tolerance for all religions. Not all countries feel the same way, for example the way Saudi Arabia treats Christian issues. We all have to live together in the world, the tolerant people and also the intolerant. It isn't easy.

Edited by Jingthing

I understand your point in respect to the need to keep this thread from descending into the abyss of hate. Unfortunately, there is a view amongst a great many people in that region of the world, that the selling of drugs to"infidels" is acceptable because  the buyers  are non-believers. It gets back to the passages that say one is allowed to lie or mistreat non believers.  As we all know, Thais are predominately Buddhists and this is seen as idol worship and deserving of sanction. (Hence, the reason why the Taliban blew up the ancient Buddahs in Afghanistan.) ...

That is some FOX news style US-propaganda to justify their wars in  Iraq and Afghanistan. Claiming that the evil Muslims are all drug dealers. Unfunny it sounds exactly like old antisemitics horror tales about Jewish blood rites with innocent Christian children. In Afghanistan the opposite is true, under the Taliban the opium production was down but is constantly on the rise since the country was "liberated".

Please, the holy bible is one of the most violent books in history. Hundreds of passages suggest the use of violence. This "tell me what is your god and I'll tell you who you are" game is dangerous. Nobody will survive from this game. Maybe the buddhists, and - obviosuly - the atheists. As for democracy, Iran was a much more free country many years before the americans realized that hanging black people from apple trees was a bit unfair. If you are a good muslim you don't deal illegal drugs. If you are a good christian you don't deal illegal drugs. And if you are a good jew you don't deal illegal drugs. BTW nobody knows fu_k all about the religion believes of these Iranian fellas. right?

Hamas, Hezbollah and a few others are fundraising this way and has been this way for quite a long time. Iran is an active supporter of Hamas and Hezbollah, think about it.

Achmedinechad has threatened the world over on various occasions while he's waiting for the last Imam and even tries to speed up the destruction of the world, which has to happen prior to the coming of the last imam. I'm not so naive to believe that he won't make his threats real. He's a dangerous guy, unfortunately too often underestimated. Iran is also famous for the finest opium in the world.

I think one of the most important things to do is now to expose the background of the drug trade supporters. They are not individually organized but have a stringent set of hierarchy in the trade.

Some maybe right when they say it's greed that oils the engine when we look at mules individually and who wrongly believe that this is the passport to freedom for them. It's organized.

I found this clip quite interesting just folr the sake of peace arguments.

I happen to understand arabic, and there is no passage alluding to mistreatement of non believers, the very name islam and acceptance of peace, I have seen the corrupt translations in various countries saying what your post says above, but, no true muslim will want anything but peace,

And what does being American have to do with any of this. Iranians smuggle to Thailand seems to be a Thai and Iranian problem.

what is the average height of a sandal? anyone seen any sniffer dogs in thailand? i heard that an Indian man once got stopped at the old airport with 20kg of Ice in his head gear or maybe this is just a turban legend?:cheesy:

Edited by thaimelody

Hamas, Hezbollah and a few others are fundraising this way and has been this way for quite a long time. Iran is an active supporter of Hamas and Hezbollah, think about it.

Achmedinechad has threatened the world over on various occasions while he's waiting for the last Imam and even tries to speed up the destruction of the world, which has to happen prior to the coming of the last imam. I'm not so naive to believe that he won't make his threats real. He's a dangerous guy, unfortunately too often underestimated. Iran is also famous for the finest opium in the world.

I think one of the most important things to do is now to expose the background of the drug trade supporters. They are not individually organized but have a stringent set of hierarchy in the trade.

Some maybe right when they say it's greed that oils the engine when we look at mules individually and who wrongly believe that this is the passport to freedom for them. It's organized.

I found this clip quite interesting just folr the sake of peace arguments.

Interesting? You were sarcastic, right? 2 retards babbling about jesus, mohammad and "delivering you from your evil". ahahahaha

Interesting? You were sarcastic, right? 2 retards babbling about jesus, mohammad and "delivering you from your evil". ahahahaha

It starts to become really funny if you look or listen to it more than twice. Not sure if that or being sarcastic was the intention of the member who posted it.

You can read the words, but you do not comprehend. I can cite hundreds of references in the Koran that reference how non believers, particularly " idol worshippers" like Buddhists can be treated .However, this is not a comparative religions course. Instead, I suggest you go read Clans, 33:61.

Why bring up my nationality? It has no relevance, save to try and shift the focus. Apparently it is not PC to acknowledge a reality, but it's ok to always piss on US nationals. I am not a U.S. national, Now off you go.

You can read the words, but you do not comprehend.  I can cite hundreds of references in the Koran that reference how non believers, particularly " idol worshippers" like Buddhists can be treated .However, this is not a  comparative religions course. Instead, I suggest you go read Clans, 33:61.

Why bring up  my nationality? It has no relevance, save to try and shift the focus. Apparently it is not PC to acknowledge a reality, but it's ok to always piss on US nationals.  I am not a U.S. national, Now off you go.

Islamophobic paranoia.

Uh, for the record, I did a thesis on the Koran (Qur'an) during my last year in upper secondary school and have previously defended the book as in large more progressive than the Torah and the Bible (especially the old testament) and in many ways it improved the positions of women from how it was during the time of the introduction of the teachings.

It is however hard to deny that in the book there is sura's that aren't 'fair' with modern day standards as how to interact with people from other religions. Exactly the same as in the Torah and the Bible.

The difference is that during the last 50 years several hardline-nations have emerged and extremist groups have grown out that wish to apply the old teachings in a more literal way. And hence will live by the teachings that other religions, in large, have chosen to ignore in their development alongside the modern society.

Edited by TAWP

I actually think Islamophobia is something many westerners need to come to grips with. It is a real thing but it is a complicated thing. It is most definitely not a black and white thing, it requires real sophistication to navigate the issues around it.

For example, the fact that the Islamic Republic of Iran murders gay people. That makes me very angry at the government of Iran. But it is not very rational to go much further than that to say all Islamic based governments are murdering gay people (they are not) or that all believers in Islam support murdering gay people (they do not).

That is just one example. I don't think it is very productive to just throw out labels at people, you're an Islamophobe, you're not. Rather, each situation really requires breaking the issues down to a more granular level, and that may get closer to truth and rationality.

I actually think Islamophobia is something many westerners need to come to grips with. It is a real thing but it is a complicated thing. It is most definitely not a black and white thing, it requires real sophistication to navigate the issues around it.

For example, the fact that the Islamic Republic of Iran murders gay people. That makes me very angry at the government of Iran. But it is not very rational to go much further than that to say all Islamic based governments are murdering gay people (they are not) or that all believers in Islam support murdering gay people (they do not).

That is just one example. I don't think it is very productive to just throw out labels at people, you're an Islamophobe, you're not. Rather, each situation really requires breaking the issues down to a more granular level, and that may get closer to truth and rationality.

Being gay - wasn't that a crime in the west just a few decades ago? Can you live a openly gay life style everywhere in the so called 'free world'?

You just continue to pet your bias blind spot and defend the Islamophobes.

Being gay - wasn't that a crime in the west just a few decades ago? Can you live a openly gay life style everywhere in the so called 'free world'?

You just continue to pet your bias blind spot and defend the Islamophobes.

What are you on about? Are you defending Iran's policy of murdering gay people?

Blind spot, my arse. Is that the best you can do? When people criticize Turkey for their barbaric treatment of Kurds, is that your response, you have a biased blind spot? Your point of view truly makes me feel ill.

Edited by Jingthing

im new........ but does it always turn into a usa vs. brit vs. aussie vs.muslim vs. jew vs. pattaya vs thai corruption vs new comer vs. established expat vs.how good things are vs international media misrepresentation vs blah blah blah....... thing on every thread.

before answering read a few threads

just a thought guys

and by the way any replies that say if you dont like it............. would be more than a little amusing.

The use of word Iranians or Iran , seem to be used instantly when it comes to anything negative, Thai jails are full of westerns and notorious Australians that have been incarcerated for trafficking, after the Legacy of CIA's Air America, the Australian head quartered Nugan Hand Bank, with its branch in Chiang Mai, is well documented, when Iran was America's poodle, the heroin production that you see in Afghanistan was in Iran, Shah of Iran's sister was caught in Geneva, with two suitcases of heroin, but she got off the hook using diplomatic immunity, so did his personal adjutant, Hooshang Davalu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGgjM-SVOU&feature=related

There was a young Police Officer in Chaing Mai, who ended up as a richest man in Thailand and a Prime Minister, wonder how he made his money? from the police salary?

After all if the powers to be want to wiped it out, it is easy, the Afghan poppy field can be destroyed in few minutes by B52 carpet bombing, but it is well known lot of it is airlifted on military planes!