Guys Wanting To Shake Your Hand

penzman

On a few occasions when I was in Pattaya, some guys in front of the shopping mall(on beach road, where Mc D's is) walked immediately towards me extending their arm out wanting to shake my hand the moment I made eye contact. I just said "mai aow" and they walked away trying it on someone else.

I'm curious to know what it is exactly these guys do? Are they trying to sell you something? Is it a scam of some kind?

On a few occasions when I was in Pattaya, some guys in front of the shopping mall(on beach road, where Mc D's is) walked immediately towards me extending their arm out wanting to shake my hand the moment I made eye contact. I just said "mai aow" and they walked away trying it on someone else.

I'm curious to know what it is exactly these guys do? Are they trying to sell you something? Is it a scam of some kind?

Time Share

New Suit

Sexy lady

Trip to .....

New indian restaurant

Sexy DVD

Nice Massage

totster :o

Yea, i know the guys you are talking about.....

they are apperently collecting for boy scouts, orphans, and many forms of charities :S

I get the impression thats its a tad dodge when the dude was making out to be deaf and couldnt talk..... and the next day im going by the same part and he is quite happily chatting away to his m8....bizarre....luckily i escaped the free badge u get, but ma bro didnt :o

Say hello?

Time Share

New Suit

Sexy lady

Trip to .....

New indian restaurant

Sexy DVD

Nice Massage

Fortune Telling (wears turbine, works with another guy),

The tailors are the worse, as I rule I never shake hands with any of these guys,  the most common route of disease transmission, colds, Flu, ...   :D  :o

Time Share

New Suit

Sexy lady

Trip to .....

New indian restaurant

Sexy DVD

Nice Massage

Fortune Telling (wears turbine, works with another guy),

The tailors are the worse, as I rule I never shake hands with any of these guys,  the most common route of disease transmission, colds, Flu, ...   :D  :o

And that mysterious chemical that makes you draw all your money from the nearest ATM and give it to them :D

one of the "New Suit" guys could:

German

Russian

French

English (style US, GB, Australia)

most probably also Thai and Hindu.......

on the first 4 languages I could answer with No, when he asked me if I speak it....

Time Share

New Suit

Sexy lady

Trip to .....

New indian restaurant

Sexy DVD

Nice Massage

totster :o

They're scammers penzman. :o

I know the one's you mean... outside Royal Garden Plaza.

I usually reply with a "mai ow" followed by a good eye to eye contact and say "phom mai chai nuck tong teeow"... (I'm not a tourist)... they back off pretty quickly after that...

:D

Say hello?

Hello EDH!

Street hypnotism is a reality, I tried it in the U.K. and it really works. Anyone can learn how to do it in about ten minutes. I tried it on a complete stranger in a railway station back in the U.K. and left him staring at the palm of his hand like an idiot.

So although these guys want to shake your hand..beware!; my success in the U.K. began with me....shaking a strangers hand.

Say hello?

Hello EDH!

:o

Hello Penzman :D

Easy way to make sure they never target you again.just squeeze the living <deleted> out of thier hand untill you see them wince....I used to do it to door knocking God botherers.worked every time. :o

Easy way to make sure they never target you again.just squeeze the living <deleted> out of thier hand untill you see them wince....I used to do it to door knocking God botherers.worked every time. :D

:o i used to tell the god botherers i worshipped the dev1l that usually got rid of them pretty quickly as well :D

Yes these Con Men have been working outside the Royal Garden Plaza for at least the last 10 years.

They gain confidence from the tourist by `breaking the ice` and shaking hands. They then show you what appears to be an official ID card purporting to represent a charity and request a donation.

The donation of course never reaches the charity, only the pockets of the greedy Con Men.

The boys in brown must be receiving a good amount of tea money to have allowed this to continue for so long. :o

Get one of those hand-buzzers.  :o That'll wipe the smile off their face and put it on yours.

I met these guys once- one came running up to me and was so eager to shake my hand that he didn't see the cigarette cuffed in it. Burned himself pretty good. Couldn't have done it better on purpose! Som nummm naaaa!

I would accept to have my own hand burned as well, just to see his face when he get in contact with the cigarette.

Get one of those hand-buzzers.  :o That'll wipe the smile off their face and put it on yours.

I met these guys once- one came running up to me and was so eager to shake my hand that he didn't see the cigarette cuffed in it. Burned himself pretty good. Couldn't have done it better on purpose! Som nummm naaaa!

:D:D:D:D Well done!

too bad I don't smoke...

Easy way to make sure they never target you again.just squeeze the living <deleted> out of thier hand untill you see them wince....I used to do it to door knocking God botherers.worked every time. :D

:D i used to tell the god botherers i worshipped the dev1l that usually got rid of them pretty quickly as well :D

Back in Canada, my place is out in the countryside, so I can see the bible-thumpers coming from a distance. I'll open the door butt naked and ask them if they are the "swingers" I've been waiting for. :D

Probably wouldn't get too far trying that in front of the Royal Garden though :o

In the uk a guy i know well who frequently travels up to london daily by train to work (poor sod) and then goes into the underground system (even worse) especially after what happened last thursday london bombings,got really pissed off with all the beggars and tramps drug addicts hassling him for money/coins ect even vlocking his path sometimes,that he came up with a dastardly plan!.

He would got into the toilet and get a 2p ot 10p coin and hold it with INSULATED tweezers and heat it up with his gas lighter until it was really HOT,and then to the hassling person and place it in the persons hand and close it up if he could,this caused intense pain and shock/startlement,he would do this to ALL the other tramps/beggars,they would be in such pain some screaming that they would dissapear off to get treatment for the burns inflicted.

Not a nice thing to do- but its not nice to keep getting hassled either,maybe all these hasslers need teaching a lesson someway?-do unto others what they do unto you,or something like that,personally i just adopt the direct formal approach and tell them all to............ <deleted>> :o .... OFF!