Farangs In Thai Prisons

StasD

Top Ten as follows:

1. Nigeria : 863 +/- 2000

2. Iran : 233 (but rising fast, could take the number 1 spot in less than a year at current pace)

3. Burmese: 232

4. Cambodian: 231

5. Laos: 230

6: Vietnam : 229

7: Malay: 228

8: Indonesian: 227

9: British: 41,458

10: French: Data not available at this time but our estimates say it has to be less than the Brits. 

:lol:

• Like 1

There are over 41000 tattooed f*ckwits in Pattaya who should be in prison for being <deleted> but unfortunately that is not a crime yet?

Do you throw tantrums all day?

well he has got John Major as a profile picture :whistling:

There are over 41000 tattooed f*ckwits in Pattaya who should be in prison for being <deleted> but unfortunately that is not a crime yet?

I say, steady on old man!

You forgot the 'What ho!' Glitterman Ya tattooed Sarf London thug. How many more are masquerading as normal members of the expat community I wonder? :ermm::unsure:

Top Ten as follows:

2. Iran : 233 (but rising fast, could take the number 1 spot in less than a year at current pace)

10: French: Data not available at this time but our estimates say it has to be less than the Brits.

So Nigerians, Laotians , Cambodians, Vitnamese, Indonesians, Malays are now all Farang?

Top Ten as follows:

So Nigerians, Laotians , Cambodians, Vitnamese, Indonesians, Malays are now all Farang?

Farang (faraŋ or falaŋ Thai: ฝรั่ง) is the generic Thai word for a Westerner. A general term for foreigners is "khon tahng prateht (Thai: คนต่างประเทศ)" ('people from other countries'). There is no negative implication in the word itself. However when it is used along with other words, it can bring a negative meaning depending on the context. For instance, "farang keenok (Thai: ฝรั่งขี้นก)" could mean a Westerner who is not trustworthy or reliable. The expression farang ta nam khao (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png listen (help·info); Thai: ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว literally means "farang with a rice-milk-colored iris"). It is common in Thai to just say "farang" to point out the presence of one, without making a whole sentence. People of African descent from the Western hemisphere have been occasionally referred to as farang dam Thai: ฝรั่งดำ (black farang).[1] Although, Thai people who have not been in Westerner countries nor exposed to their cultures may still refer to all African descents as Negro (Thai: นิโกร) without negative meanings.

interesting propoganda war launched by usa, hmm how did such a populous and obnoxious cuntry avoid the top 10, me thinks sumone is telling bubus, come on, you don't just invade countries for idealistic reasons not mentioning a small country to the east of this without generating some sort of idealistic people who will get themselves arrested, I mean just think of the nutta who went swimming and casued problems for that woman in myamar, and the one in korea taking a walk

I think I smell porkies

Most Americans are afraid to travel any were outside their country and to Thailand to mysterious for their anal ways. Fewer travellers fewer crimes.

Being an American I am an exception to this rule because I travel to Asia every oppertunity I get

Most Americans are afraid to travel any were outside their country and to Thailand to mysterious for their anal ways. Fewer travellers fewer crimes.

Being an American I am an exception to this rule because I travel to Asia every oppertunity I get

I can always rely on TV & it's wide range of Members to give me a chuckle, i absolutely love it..:D

Top Ten as follows:

Farang (faraŋ or falaŋ Thai: ฝรั่ง) is the generic Thai word for a Westerner. A general term for foreigners is "khon tahng prateht (Thai: คนต่างประเทศ)" ('people from other countries'). There is no negative implication in the word itself. However when it is used along with other words, it can bring a negative meaning depending on the context. For instance, "farang keenok (Thai: ฝรั่งขี้นก)" could mean a Westerner who is not trustworthy or reliable. The expression farang ta nam khao (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png listen (help·info); Thai: ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว literally means "farang with a rice-milk-colored iris"). It is common in Thai to just say "farang" to point out the presence of one, without making a whole sentence. People of African descent from the Western hemisphere have been occasionally referred to as farang dam Thai: ฝรั่งดำ (black farang).[1] Although, Thai people who have not been in Westerner countries nor exposed to their cultures may still refer to all African descents as Negro (Thai: นิโกร) without negative meanings.

Jesus another brain box

FWIW: In trying to keep this topic from straying as almost all topics do here, I decided to Google this topic anyway, and came up with this website;

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/prisoners-thailand.html

I dunno how accurate the info is, but still the site is a pretty interesting read never the less.

BTW: I am NOT affiliated with the above site and provide it for info only to the O/P's topic.

A significant percentage of farang in Thai prisons are there because of Drug Prohibition. End Drug Prohibition and end the imprisonment for many. Yes, I really could go for that. (I would equally like to free Thais guilty of violating Drug Prohibition.)

your avatar says it all ! TUT TUT not every guy from england with a tattoo is a fkwit . and not all fkwits go to pattaya , i could name a few other french,american,german fkwits in bangkok or khon kaen. rolleyes.gif

This is one of the reasons why the USA is described as an insular Country is the low ownership of Passports.

I believe the figures (I am sure someone can come up with them) are around 30% of the population for USA Citizens who hold Passports and around 90% for British Citizens who hold passports.