Viktor Bout Case Draws Thailand Into Middle Of Dispute Between US And Russia

webfact

Nah not much Thailand as whole have actually to worry. the USA will still want to pet their interests and stick and stink around here, and if not - who cares. Thailand sees in China a reputable partner.

LOL, Thailand can see whatever it likes, it by no mean means that China is interested in being partners with Thailand.

Believe what you want.

Thousands of pre-teen and young teenage children were, and still are, being hooked on heroin and other drugs, simply because their deranged leaders needed compliant hands to hold weapons, that Bout likely supplied.

Pre-teens on Heroin???

Instead of telling some propaganda horror stories just look at the increase of the opium production since Afghanistan was liberated by the USA and allies. Does that concern you? I doubt.

You cannot blame Bout for everything because you might have seen a Hollywood movie.

Whereas I have no info on heroin to pre-teens, lots in Africa have been pressed into some or the other service. Maybe they were just controlled by the atrocities they were allowed to commit, maybe some type of drugs to get them in the right mood. Victor Bout did supply weapons to Sierra Leone's 'small boys units' of the RUF. Try to find "A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah", a man who has been there as a boy.

As for Afghanistan, no need to bring that into this discussion. Let's just say that since Alexander in 300 or so BC no-one has had much luck with the crazy Afghani.

• Like 2

He never met any FARC members in Bangkok. That alleged FARC member were some secret agents from the warrior nation USA.

Ya, right -- you are in the know on all the secret stuff going on the Bangkok. And posting it here .... what a secret agent!!!

If you want to avoid looking like a complete fool, atleast read the news articles preceding the threads regarding the topic.

3 paid informers was instrumental in setting up the meeting and pretending to be representing the FARC. Ofcourse they was not, it was a trap to gain access to 'anti-terrorist' legislation.

• Like 1

Thousands of pre-teen and young teenage children were, and still are, being hooked on heroin and other drugs, simply because their deranged leaders needed compliant hands to hold weapons, that Bout likely supplied.

Pre-teens on Heroin???

Instead of telling some propaganda horror stories just look at the increase of the opium production since Afghanistan was liberated by the USA and allies. Does that concern you? I doubt.

You cannot blame Bout for everything because you might have seen a Hollywood movie.

Whereas I have no info on heroin to pre-teens, lots in Africa have been pressed into some or the other service. Maybe they were just controlled by the atrocities they were allowed to commit, maybe some type of drugs to get them in the right mood. Victor Bout did supply weapons to Sierra Leone's 'small boys units' of the RUF. Try to find "A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah", a man who has been there as a boy.

As for Afghanistan, no need to bring that into this discussion. Let's just say that since Alexander in 300 or so BC no-one has had much luck with the crazy Afghani.

Yep, as i said. The drug trade or killing of the people of Afghanistan is not much of concern because its done by peace master USA.

But keep adding your unproven horror stories about the bad Ruskie. Blame him for all what you saw in that Hollywood movie.

Pre-teens on Heroin???

Yep, as i said. The drug trade or killing of the people of Afghanistan is not much of concern because its done by peace master USA.

But keep adding your unproven horror stories about the bad Ruskie. Blame him for all what you saw in that Hollywood movie.

If you want to reply to animatic then do so. Your reply here has no relation to my remark IMHO.

Pre-teens on Heroin???

Exactly, it doesn't take much searching to know about this stuff.

It is an utterly despicable form of human madness from power lust,

and degrades us all for leaving it un-addressed or corrected.

But it does take a mind open enough to bother doing the work.

Seems there is someone here who is more interested in winning his own ego aggrandizing points, regardless of if they make any sense, just to WIN and

'feel better' inside, and bears a striking resemblance to a similar recently banned in both writing, targeting and emotional styles.

Or to put it colloquially: same shit / different name.

PS. I've known about Bout for several years BEFORE the movie.

And I haven't seen the movie, I don't really need to.

Edited by animatic

animatic' timestamp='1283230812'

Pre-teens on Heroin???

If you want to reply to animatic then do so. Your reply here has no relation to my remark IMHO.

True, no relation, and a tangential and irrelevant point to the discussion anyway.

To imply that the USA is providing drugs to child soldiers in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban, is one of the more astoundingly ludicrous spoutings from this source; under ANY name he's used. Maybe after the next ban he'll come back as a Lithuanian Coptic missionary on Prozac?

The subject is Bout and who he has supplied weapons too.

And many are the most evil humans under the sun.

Edited by animatic

If memory serves correctly, Bout was being sought by a few countries other than the US, for alleged dealing/transport/etc of several (commodities) being non specific. It appears the US had personnel in place who could and did set up a meet where an agreement was reached, which is deemed illegal in some parts of the world. It would appear this is not the first time he has made similar commitments and carried them out.

To give the man credit, he has come a long way in a relatively short time, apparently a step ahead of several countries authorities. The world seems to have an abundance of people who finally step over the line too far, once too often, instead of walking away when they had a chance. In Bout's case, maybe he could not walk away, once he got involved in what is known as a risky/even deadly business.

True, no relation, and a tangential and irrelevant point to the discussion anyway.

To imply that the USA is providing drugs to child soldiers in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban, is one of the more astoundingly ludicrous spoutings from this source; under ANY name he's used. Maybe after the next ban he'll come back as a Lithuanian Coptic missionary on Prozac?

LOL

Where are your pre-teens hooked on heroin with the help of Viktor Bout?

And i didn't say that the US provide heroin to child soldiers to fight the Taliban. That is bullshit you twisted yourself.

But true is that in Afghanistan the opium production was and is sharply on the raise since the US and allies kicked the Taliban out. And as a true hypocrite you ignore this.

LOL

And i didn't say that the US provide heroin to child soldiers to fight the Taliban. That is bullshit you twisted yourself.

But true is that in Afghanistan the opium production was and is sharply on the raise since the US and allies kicked the Taliban out. And as a true hypocrite you ignore this.

The 'with the help of Victor Bout' is your interpretation, dear Hakuchi. As mentioned before no-one got the upperhand over the Afghani in the last 2000 years and heroin production has gone up and down in Afghanistan whoever is in charge. It maybe true that heroin production is currently up again, but that doesn't have anything to do with Victor B. Stick to the topic, give it a try.

PS did you know Hakuchi is the name of a Japanese movie based on Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "Idiot" ? How apt a name you choose.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

LOL

Backpedaling quick? If you can't actually read the words printed,

best not to reply, proving without doubt mis-comprehension.

Half these diatribes come off like an out of work Stasi slogan writer.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

long live the Thai Judicial system and .... and keep up the good work

They got a cash cow here and they are milking.

Whatever the <deleted> the US crowd thinks or bleats, the wars Viktor was involved in - west africa, the Congo etc were ugly and horrofic atrocities were comitted. Russia will pay handsomely to their nose out of it, as Viftor was a sales agent for some of their top arms makers

no back to bollocking, meat pies, and Leo

• Like 1

Another aspect -- in fact central to the OP -- is the fact this guy was going about his nasty business in Thailand. The Thais and their apologists can wring their hands about "poor Thailand" being caught in the middle of this, but it speaks volumes about the country itself -- both its incompetence (if it cannot screen out one of Interpol's most wanted men) -- and its profound lack of any form of ethics (that it would happily let him be there).

Bout was likely a front man for Russian government/mafia criminals. He needs to be locked up, then tell all the shocking truth about the criminals he sold to in Africa and elsewhere -- along with what's actually going on with the arms trade in Russia.

• Like 1

Another aspect -- in fact central to the OP -- is the fact this guy was going about his nasty business in Thailand. The Thais and their apologists can wring their hands about "poor Thailand" being caught in the middle of this, but it speaks volumes about the country itself -- both its incompetence (if it cannot screen out one of Interpol's most wanted men) -- and its profound lack of any form of ethics (that it would happily let him be there).

Bout was likely a front man for Russian government/mafia criminals. He needs to be locked up, then tell all the shocking truth about the criminals he sold to in Africa and elsewhere -- along with what's actually going on with the arms trade in Russia.

profound lack of any form of ethics

What "ethics" you are talking about?

The hypocrisy about Bout is amazing. <_<

We all know he's not a very nice guy in the eyes of many, but if we have to be honest we could ask ourselves:

who are we going to put in jail next?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_industry#World.27s_largest_arms_exporters

I think many posters who wrote about Bout are coming from one of the countries as mentioned in the link above and that includes myself.

It will be busy in jails, worldwide.

LaoPo