Nicole John, Daughter Of Us Ambassador To Thailand, Plunges To Death From High-Rise Party

TAWP

Nicole John, daughter of US ambassador to Thailand, plunges to death from high-rise party

The 17-year-old daughter of the U.S. Ambassador to Thailand plunged to her death from a Midtown luxury high-rise early Friday, the Daily News has learned.

Nicole John fell out of a 25th story window of the Herald Square Towers on W. 34th St., landing on the building's third-floor overhang, according to police sources.

She was killed instantly.

A man was in custody facing charges of endangering the welfare of a minor. The man's relationship to John was not immediately clear.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/27/2010-08-27_nicole_john_daughter_of_us_ambassador_to_thailand_plunges_to_death_from_highrise.html

Edited by TAWP
  • Like 1

What a devastating tragedy for the family! My heart felt condolences. I have a 22 year old daughter and I can't imagine losing her... She had a couple of incidents about that age, but fortunately it only cost me money, not her life!

Edited by Jimi007

What is this going to do for Thailand to be put back on the danger list ? The ambassadors daughter no less !!!!!

Condolances to the distraught Ambassador and his family --------------R.I.P.

She died in New York, not Thailand.

What a tragic situation. My condolances go out to her family and friends.

What is this going to do for Thailand to be put back on the danger list ? The ambassadors daughter no less !!!!!

nothing, tragic for family.thats all. you think govts gonna put los off limits becoz a girl died...........good god!

Live Thread: http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__3844424

Daughter of U.S. ambassador dies in a high-rise fall: report

Washington Post reported that Nicole John, daughter of U.S. Ambassador to Thailand Eric G. John, died early Friday morning after falling out of a high-rise Manhattan apartment building.

Edited by whybother

My sincerest condolences to Eric John and his family. I cannot imagine the hurt such a tragedy must cause. Eric John and I used to work together end 80's early 90's for the Orderly Departure Program in Bangkok and Vietnam. This is very sad indeed.

a sad mix of booze, drugs, 4am parties, and inexperience culminating in tragedy in someone so young with a promising future. Even sadder that it's been preceded by so many others and no doubt with many successors:

John, an incoming freshman at Parsons The New School for Design whose blog portrayed a tormented party girl keen on vodka and Xanax, died at the scene.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/27/2010-08-27_nicole_john_daughter_of_us_ambassador_to_thailand_plunges_to_death_from_highrise.html

algjohnfamily.jpg

Nicole John (middle), with her father and mother

From same link:

Ilan Nassimi, who hosted the late-night party in his one-bedroom Herald Square Towers apartment, was hit with two charges of handing out booze to someone underage.The 25-year-old real estate broker was released without bail and faces up to a year behind bars.

Responsible to some degree, but at the same time Nichole was a university student and considered an adult at that point, but, yet again, at the end of the day she was still, at 17, under-aged.

Edited by Buchholz

The story of the host is that he met some people at a nightclub which did check IDs. Ms. John got in using a fake ID, not the crime of the century of course, quite normal for that age group. So the host had the reasonable assumption that anyone drinking at a nightclub was of legal age. I don't see any rational reason for the party host to be made a scapegoat here for an obvious pure tragic ACCIDENT.

Edited by Jingthing

Nothing to do with Thailand.

Nevertheless terrible.

Btw, I thought there were already laws in place to prevent windows to be opened too much in the high risers.

Of course it has something to with Thailand. She was the daughter of the US ambassador to Thailand and recently graduated from a school in Bangkok.

Nothing to do with Thailand.

Nevertheless terrible.

Btw, I thought there were already laws in place to prevent windows to be opened too much in the high risers.

Of course it has something to with Thailand. She was the daughter of the US ambassador to Thailand and recently graduated from a school in Bangkok.

So let me see, if a relative of mine has an accident in Europe, and I live in Thailand.

But then again, Im not as well known as the ambassodor.

;)

Joke aside, I see your point.

She died in New York, not Thailand.

What a tragic situation. My condolances go out to her family and friends.

Dumball, you seem intent on constantly trying to find reasons to bash Thais and Thailand, aren't you? This tragedy has nothing to do with Thailand, although I'm sure you wish there was a way to place blame on the Thais. This smells of "using a horrible tragedy to further your personal agenda." Your credibility is going down the shitter quick.

Correct, an absolutely absurd post by dumball.

Dreadful tradgedy....R.I.P

• Like 2

topfloor.jpg

The Herald Towers is 25 stories tall and she fell from the top floor. :(

John arrived in New York City a week ago to attend Parsons The New School for Design, where classes are set to begin Monday, August 30.

"Oh New York City, how I've dreamt of you since I was little. One more month and you're all mine," she wrote earlier this summer after graduating from the International School in Bangkok.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/her_whirlwind_life_was_one_big_binge_ckVIKDOYXzw5KQE6dlLiiO?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

:(

Edited by Buchholz

Certainly older New York residential highrises would have windows you can open. Not to be disrespectful at all, but there is some mercy here that the girl was intoxicated during this tragedy as there is pain involved in this kind of tragic death.

Thanks for that, but reading the blog got rather chilling knowing what we know now. Feels a little too much like stalking so I don't really recommend it unless you knew her. Anyway, RIP.

http://melancholysouls.tumblr.com/post/984027498/hey-kinda-sorta-random-buuut-do-you-know-anything

Anonymous asked: hey, kinda sorta random...buuut do you know anything about fake ids? cuz my friend just got me an international driving permit from BKK & i was wondering if they accept those here in the US. thanks :)

Answer:

As long as the ID is pretty legit looking it should be okay. It’s also easier if you’re a girl, lol. I have a brazilian ID that was made here in NYC and it’s really good, it’s never been rejected.

Edited by Jingthing

I have to think that growing up in BKK or at least the doing high school at ISB would definitely impact underage drinking as well as prescription drug abuse. So sad and tragic, and actually surprising common story when you look closely at the international school scene here in BKK

I have to think that growing up in BKK or at least the doing high school at ISB would definitely impact underage drinking as well as prescription drug abuse. So sad and tragic, and actually surprising common story when you look closely at the international school scene here in BKK

It does tend to fall on the parenting. Note that the children from certain ethnic groups (Korean, Indian, and to a lesser extent Japanese) tend to avoid these pitfalls of modern teen life. Westerners and Thais tend to be the most heavily involved in drink and drugs.

This is not to say that Nicole was in any way a wayward child. My condolences go out to the family in this truly difficult time.