I Need Urgent, Urgent Help. Today

I don't know where this post has been but it was not here in the visa section at the 0901 time indicated and now too late to obtain a re-entry permit from Suan Phlu which is open on Saturday mornings for that purpose.

You're right, they had stopped to service re-entry at the airport, if you can find immigration officer, you should you it today or you may change your flight.:rolleyes:

I forgot to buy a re-entry visa which I only remebered while sitting in a restaurant waiting for my flight

to penang. So I panicked went back to pasport control and sung my sad song after which a police woman

stationed there started to get busy with stamps and what have you.

Anyway after about 10 min and having paid 3800 bath I had it, ran all the way back and boarded on last call.

Sounds like there should be some appreciation of that Police Officer's kindness/understanding?

Makes a pleasant change from hearing tales of what can't be done.

Paul

You are so very correct.

Most people just asked for what they wanted.

When whatever they wanted, were granted; they just were overjoyed.

And rapidly and easily and conveniently forgot just how they got what they wanted so badly.

Like the old story, there was only one leper who realized how good it was, to be granted a new life, and; returned to say, THANK YOU.

Just how often do we say thank you to those catering to us, helping us and nurturing our wishes and demands....? LOL

I don't know where this post has been but it was not here in the visa section at the 0901 time indicated and now too late to obtain a re-entry permit from Suan Phlu which is open on Saturday mornings for that purpose.

Hi Lopburi,

Update on my re-entry visa dilemma. Well if my wife and 5 year old daughter were not traveling with mew i am sure it would have not been granted, so the end was I was issued the re-entry visa after minutes of groveling. I showed my appreciation by giving 1000 tip. for lunch and they were very pleased, but let me stress, i only offered this tip, AFTER my visa was granted, so there was certainly no request from any person. I was just so happy to go away without being concerned on my arrival.

Bye. John

For whatever it's worth; I'm glad you got sorted out, and it is heartening to hear things like this can be done. (Dunno about forkin' over a 1000 baht tip, even after they sold you a re-entry permit. But hey, your money, spend it as you see fit.)

I still for the life of me can't figure out why the Thai Immigrations office out at Suvarnabhumi in their infinite wisdom stopped selling re-entry PERMITS. (FWIW: it's not a visa, but a "permit" my posting pals ;) . Using the wrong lingo in these posts makes it a tough row to hoe sometimes figuring out what someone wants :o ).

Never the less;

Selling re-entry permits out at Suvarnabhumi had to have been a HUGE cash cow for them, especially with travelers who either forgot, or have to leave on an emergency, when the regular Immigrations office is closed.

Then again, TIT, and perhaps I'm looking for logic where there is none.

OR

Perhaps, Thai Immigrations actually stopped selling them at the airport because they want you to exit without a re-entry permit, there by canceling your existing visa. This would make you start back over at square one when you return.

Come to think about it; that's an even BIGGER cash cow :D .

Obviously, it would behoove anyone contemplating exiting the country to pick up a re-entry permit at Immigrations when you extend your visa.

Edited by tod-daniels