Trials Riding

Bung

Not trails! Trials. I wouldn't mind getting into it, anyone riding in CM? I've seen the odd bike around and would think Thailand would offer some great riding. Good fun for the family and kids too, and not so full on, I've got a KTM enduro bike and think it is time to get into something that you don't need to go tearing off into the wilderness for miles and is a little less manic.

Here's a link to the Thai trials group. I talked to the fellow that runs the website down here in Trat. Visiting his wife's family. I guess a few bikes for sale, say a 95 Beta or Gasgas is around 50 to 60k baht. They order them from Japan.

http://www.weekendhobby.com/motorcycle/webboard/Question.asp?ID=208, Trials OK club

You're right there are some good potential trials sections up there.

Cheers, yes, I grew up with a trials club, my brothers were into it and learned to ride on a yamaha TY 250 back in the '70's. For me it will be good, I can load up my sons mini bike and can hack around while keeping an eye on him and it's fun without the chance of pitching into a tree at 100 kmh...

Beta or a gas gas for 50 - 60k..

Tell me more !! (dam_n !! More toys) used to play with trials bikes as a young un, would love to try it again.

The only thing I can suggest is register on the forum and get some phone numbers. The 1 person who does import them is in BKK. I guess he's got a few in stock. Maybe the next time you see someone riding 1 in CM is to ask? The fellow I talked to was Chiyong. My wife did the talking, Thai only.

I miss riding trials too. Other than work it was pretty well my main interest for 20 years.

Beta or a gas gas for 50 - 60k..

Tell me more !! (dam_n !! More toys) used to play with trials bikes as a young un, would love to try it again.

The only thing I can suggest is register on the forum and get some phone numbers. The 1 person who does import them is in BKK. I guess he's got a few in stock. Maybe the next time you see someone riding 1 in CM is to ask? The fellow I talked to was Chiyong. My wife did the talking, Thai only.

I miss riding trials too. Other than work it was pretty well my main interest for 20 years.