Sony Psp Sold Firmware Version At Mbk Etc

dekka007

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has purchased a Sony PSP either from Emporium, MBK or pantip and if so what version firmware they are selling.

I am looking for a version 1.0 firmware or 1.5 firmware not 1.51 or 1.52 any info appreciated.

I presume the PSP's for sale here are also JAP versions.

Secondly, what is the current price roughly for a 1gb MS Duo in the usual places.

I got a Jap PSP from MBK (6th floor) and it has 1.50 firmware installed. 1GB Duos seem t come in between 7 and 8000B. If anyone knows anywhere cheaper, please let me know!

I'm off to Penang on monday., hoping duos will be cheaper (a little) there...

Neph.

I dont belives Playstation that is sold in Bangkok is good...Most of the PSP or "PS2 here are all recons...they will bill buy the recon set in japan or austrailia and sell it here.....

weres if you buy in Malaysia its 100% new ...As a friend of mine is a sony dealer in malaysia...he told me what is the Thai market like...And now i know that the consol here is all Recon....

We even compare btw malaysia and thai console and yes there is a lot of diferent if you open the case...

By looking at the serial number you will know weather its Recon or new...

Thai retail will tell you its 100% yes its new from the factory but ..The factory will get second hand parts and turn it into new...

in Malaysia the new Playstation is 30% more cheaper than in Thailand

Thanks for the info.

Went to MBK yesterday (6th floor) Shop opposite the elevators up the escalator turn left and just there.

PSP 1.0 got for 7000 baht.

1GB Sony MS 6000 baht.

With regard to firmware on the 6th floor I saw mainly 1.5 and 1.0 machines worth a check before you buy you dont want 1.51. or 1.52

If you want to play games off your MS that is.

Just wish there was a 5gb MS :o

D.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to Thailand in a month, and I'm pretty much wondering about the same things as the first post.

MBK or Panthip Plaza seems like the right spots.

Will there still be 1.0 or 1.5 psp's available at that time (Beginning of november)?

Are the prices more or less the same as seen in previous posts?

Are there any particular shops more reliable than others?

Really appreciate some feedback on this!

Thanks!

I do not think used PSP from australia will be sold here. It was launched in australia only on 1st sept 2005 long after it was released in Japan and SE asia. Used PSP can be sold anywhere and buying in Malaysia does not guarantee it will be new.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been doing a lot of looking at PSP's. I think MBK is a better place than Panthip. Current prices for a new 1.5 or a 2.0 machine seem to be ~ 9,500, 1GB memory sticks (either Sony or Sandisk) ~ 4,000, and 2 GB MS's ~ 8,000 where available. I did get a 7,000 quote but did not see the merchandise.

I think I found the best shop, in MBK, and can provide the contact details via PM as it might not be allowed to post details here?

How much are people paying for games?

I was offered some for 200baht (obviously not UMD)

In another PSP thread here in this forum there was mention of some pricing. ISO's, on CD-R or loaded onto your memory stick, ~ 150 - 200 baht each. I guess you can download these yourself too? UMD (official) games vary in price based on the title, typically ~ 1,500 - 2,200 baht each, but I did not haggle to see how firm that pricing is.