Best Method To Send Credit Cards And Docs To Thailand

gguy

SORRY DUPLICATE POST

What is the best method of shipping some credit cards and important docs from USA to Thailand? I originally thought FEDEX or global express mail (the USPS uses FEDEX to transport and deliver and $10 cheaper than FEDEX).

Also thought of using regular air mail with one card or doc in each letter. Try to pack the letter so the card is sandwiched between cardboard or docs. The card would not be obvious.

However, I have read that personal mail (hand addressed) that is over one ounce (thick letter) is an invitation for postal theft. These letters have the highest percentage of cash or something of value. Never had a problem with the Thai postal service but all I get is bank statements and internet bills. I have only received 2 personal letters in my stay in Thailand.

How do most members get important docs to Thailand? Is the true that most hand addressed mail that looks "attractive" is lost by the Thai postal service? How do I make a letter look unattractive to postal thief? Any experiences with the Pattaya postal service?

Edited by gguy

Registered Mail ;)

Never had a problem

Thai postal service to Pattaya is slow. For me, it takes nearly two weeks to get stuff from Bangkok. But then I live in the boonies.

Edited by BB1950