Current State Of Pattaya Beach

Pattaya_Fox

We investigate the current state of Pattaya Beach and are shocked at what we see.

Pattaya City News have received numerous complaints by email and telephone regarding the current state of Pattaya Beach. Many foreigners who we have spoken with suggest that tourists who are coming to Pattaya, expecting to enjoy their day on Pattaya Beach are changing their plans as soon as they see the state of the Beach. We decided to see for ourselves and on Wednesday afternoon went down to Pattaya Beach and saw many construction areas which are both unsightly and dangerous to the general public. Exposed wires and unprotected deep holes are a major concern. Viewers have said why we cannot do anything about this. Well, all we can do is highlight the state of the beach and send our pictures to the Mayor`s Office at Pattaya City Hall which we will do. We can only speculate as to when the work will be completed which has now been ongoing for more than one year. There are no workers taking care of the problem at this time so a quick resolution is not expected.

Pattaya City News

Wednesday 13th July 2005.

Does anyone go there for the beach ? ? ?

Nope !! :o

I'm in Patters next week and will just use the pool at the hotel. If i want to go the beach i use the one at Jomtien. IMHO it's not really the beach but the walkway along the front on Beach road, that's the menace.

None of the locals do... :D

... use the beach I mean.

Are your legs getting tired Jai Dee. I'm knackered, I could really do with a sit down :D

Mr BJ, I'm just a shufflin'... you're much more energetic than me! :o

But... you're right.... time to log off and lay down... goodnight all!

:D

maybe they should also run other checks, like water quality. Amount of plastic bottles/cpm water. Take care enviroment seems not to be important for Thais (and the farangs are a shame as well) :o .

We investigate the current state of Pattaya Beach and are shocked at what we see.

Pattaya City News have received numerous complaints by email and telephone regarding the current state of Pattaya Beach.  Many foreigners who we have spoken with suggest that tourists who are coming to Pattaya, expecting to enjoy their day on Pattaya Beach are changing their plans as soon as they see the state of the Beach.  We decided to see for ourselves and on Wednesday afternoon went down to Pattaya Beach and saw many construction areas which are both unsightly and dangerous to the general public.  Exposed wires and unprotected deep holes are a major concern.  Viewers have said why we cannot do anything about this.  Well, all we can do is highlight the state of the beach and send our pictures to the Mayor`s Office at Pattaya City Hall which we will do.  We can only speculate as to when the work will be completed which has now been ongoing for more than one year.  There are no workers taking care of the problem at this time so a quick resolution is not expected.

Pattaya City News

Wednesday 13th July 2005.

Heard that waters in Patty are cleaner than Jomtien these days. Swim at Jomtien beach sometimes and to be honest - have seen nicer waters than this... :o

Republic of Kiribati (small atoll in middle of nowhere-pacific) is my favourite so far.

Nope !! :D

I'm in Patters next week and will just use the pool at the hotel. If i want to go the beach i use the one at Jomtien. IMHO it's not really the beach but the walkway along the front on Beach road, that's the menace.

The problem is the same all over Thailand, you can never tell if there is a construction or a demolition going on. The whole place mostly looks like a dump.

In most countries the construction companies must make sure the site is safe and neat and this is properly supervised by the client (Pattaya City Council in this case). In Pattaya it seems like someone’s cousin gets the contract and the job goes on supervised.

Not sure why this is but it seems like anything private is taken well care of but when it’s public no one gives a <deleted>.

In Pattaya it seems like someone’s cousin gets the contract and the job goes on supervised.

And then a month later, another cousin is awarded a contract to dig it all up again... :o

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_13_07_48.htm

I have just looked at the photos on the PCN website. It looks exactly the same as it did in December, has anything actually moved forward ?

I was there in Dec John. And again in Feb and May the only difference is that there are now even more holes :o People tripping up over all sorts of cr4p left lying around. Can't wait to see what's going to happen when they start putting the Electrical cables underground :D Is there any movement on that yet?

Mr Boj

Probably run out of money!!

On one hand you hear them saying they want to turn Pattaya into a major international family resort,and then they leave massive unprotected holes everywhere for far too long that children could fall into very easily.

This 'hole' project needs fixing immediately!!

You just cannot take anything Thai government officials say very seriously.

Edited by chaiyapoon

Remember that they work on "Thai" time. Specific times and dates are only suggestions, not meant to be taken seriously.

i.e a 2pm (14:00) appointment really means sometime this afternoon.

Today means sometime this week (maybe).

Next week means next month or so.

Next year means eventually, sometime in the future.

When ever I have to go somewhere (like the airport), I make it very clear at what time I'm leaving. If any of my friends show up a minute or 2 late, too bad.

Jomtien Beach looked cleaner than Pattaya Beach the last time I was there, but not that clear kind of water that you see in other places (where you can see the bottom 40 feet down). The kids in our building don't seem to mind though.

Hi there,

We stayed at the AMARI HOTEL 24TH May-10th june,when we first went down the steps to the beach by HENRY.J.BEANS we were so disappointed by the awful site of what you might apprehensibly call a beach and the poor state of the beach walkway nearly all the way along that we thought we had made a big mistake coming to pattaya,as time went on it got a bit better but is was dangerous to walk in most places you could easily have an accident!.

Well we could not do anything about it so went to jomtien beach that was better and a few times to koh samet island very nice,most of the time the hotel pool came up trumps except when we were there they were pile driving the ground 12 hrs a day for the first 3-4 days.

Apart from the beach and walkway we had a very enjoyable time in pattata especially my partner whom i thought might not like it but she did!,thank god for that as i was paying for it all. :o.

From reading the newspapers when out in in pattaya they are widening the beach?,good idea,yes but will it still be un-swimmable in because of pollution?,that is an issue that should be dealt with seriously so that pepole/kids on holiday can swim there or not as the case is now.

Seems all to be taking a long time to finish the walkway and works ect,and as a local newspapaer summed it up,where were all the workers?- that are employed by the council,when investigated no workers were there doing any work in the daytime when they were contracted to be working?,taking a very long siesta i think?-or maybe they had all fallen down all the big holes that they had left wide open :D:D

Love -You- Long- Time :D

Check back in twenty years maybe paving projects will be done on beach/second road, the water will clean, and beach will be widened.

:D

Do you think it will be that quick Brit :D

It's a bit like the 4th Bridge project. Just as they complete the walkway near Walking Street they will have to start again at Soi Srinakhorn / Naklua Road :o

The project is not to widen the beach. A year ago last january the contractors started digging tunnels so they will be able to put all the electric, telephone, and cable tv wires underground. The contracters that originaly won the bid started work but ran into trouble. I think they might of bit off more than they could chew. The mayor changed the contractors and i think they might be having the same problem. This project was scheduled to be completed by last january. Now probably way over budget should probably have imported foriegn contractors to do the job.

funny thing is that just before the music festival started, the walking path looked like it does now (maybe even worse). with two days to go to the festival, all the holes were magically filled in and you could walk the walk without falling into holes. I naively thought it was all finished and what a great job they had done!! A week later, back to holes and hazards. only in thailand???