Former US Policeman Held In Bangkok Over Sex Crimes And People Smuggling

george

Former US policeman held in Thailand over rape

BANGKOK, August 29, 2010 (AFP) - Thai police said Sunday they had detained a former US policeman who is due to be deported to the United States where he is wanted for people smuggling and raping a minor.

Gilbert Dubois, 55, from Orange County in California, was arrested in Bangkok on Saturday, said police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat.

"His retirement visa has been revoked and he will be deported," Voravat told AFP.

The United States coordinated with Thai police to seek the arrest of Dubois, who escaped a warrant back home for allegedly raping a minor and smuggling 13 Thai women out of Thailand to work illegally in 2005 and 2007.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2010-08-29

• Like 1

What was his name on Thaivisa?

hehe, dont laugh to loud...ive noticed quite a few ex USA cops posting on TV

you can find them easily enough, their favourite topics are corruption, tea money, thai drivers, no helmets ...and of course..motorsai on the sidewalk :rolleyes:

harhar.

+ question like: where i can get the best doughnut in town?

This guy was a real life Walter Mitty

He lived in rayong had few failed business attempts

his career path that he loved to talk about then, didnt ever mention police force,this was his carrer as he told it:

vietnam, sniper

actor

college administrator

offroad business

CIA, he liked to show an id from cia probably a kao san road special

always liked to talk that he trained the thai swat forces

guy is a real scumbag,did an overnight flit from rayong owing people money

NICE TO SEE KARMA DOES EXIST

• Like 1

This guy was a real life Walter Mitty

He lived in rayong had few failed business attempts

his career path that he loved to talk about then, didnt ever mention police force,this was his carrer as he told it:

vietnam, sniper

actor

college administrator

offroad business

CIA, he liked to show an id from cia probably a kao san road special

always liked to talk that he trained the thai swat forces

guy is a real scumbag,did an overnight flit from rayong owing people money

NICE TO SEE KARMA DOES EXIST

Thank you for that additional information. Is there that any more you care to share? eg. How long was he in Rayong and when? What businesses was he in there? Family? Do you know what and where he did after Rayong?, etc.

Anything you feel you could add would be appreciated.

*edit to add: There is precious little information available on the net on him. Only thing found was the newspaper article that is this OP. No mention in any searches for Orange County police or warrants, etc. which is very surprising given the information contained in the OP.

Edited by Buchholz

Some serious charges there, but one thing to keep in mind. Rape is a legal term meaning different things. For examples, there is the violent assault kind of rape and then there is rape because of sex with anyone underage, which is not necessarily a violent assault. There is no info here about what kind of rape he is charged with, whether it was violent, and also the specific age of the victim at the time of the crime.

• Like 1

Some serious charges there, but one thing to keep in mind. Rape is a legal term meaning different things. For examples, there is the violent assault kind of rape and then there is rape because of sex with anyone underage, which is not necessarily a violent assault. There is no info here about what kind of rape he is charged with, whether it was violent, and also the specific age of the victim at the time of the crime.

..most Westernised countries define rape, in part, as 'penetration to the least degree of any orifice without consent'.

Use of any violence is an 'aggravating' part of rape, assault etc. and is considered by the court whereever the matter is heard.

One should also bear in mind that legal definitions can differ from most countries and even states, counties, provinces within those countries.

you can find them easily enough, their favourite topics are corruption, tea money, thai drivers, no helmets ...and of course..motorsai on the sidewalk :rolleyes:

harhar.

You must be refering to American coppers. Never seen an Aussie cop eat a doughnut. Yes ex copper (Aussie 20 yrs). :jap:

harhar.

You must be refering to American coppers. Never seen an Aussie cop eat a doughnut. Yes ex copper (Aussie 20 yrs). :jap:

Bet you had a few half priced bigmacs but. ;)

I think you will find ignorance is no defence in a court of law. Espeically if you are a us cop - age of legality etc

*edit to add: There is precious little information available on the net on him. Only thing found was the newspaper article that is this OP. No mention in any searches for Orange County police or warrants, etc. which is very surprising given the information contained in the OP.

Expanded search criteria still reveals no mention of his original rape nor human trafficking charges or fugitive status any where, which is astounding given the severity of the charges, his position as a police officer, and the proliferation of online news sources. questionx.jpg

Edited by Buchholz

He looks like a decent bloke.

Sometimes the circumstances surrounding an event could totally change the way we it, but only if we know the real whole truth.

Running from the law is never the best option.

• Like 1

I think you will find ignorance is no defence in a court of law. Espeically if you are a us cop - age of legality etc

Agreed but my post had nothing to do with that, it was about what people think happened when they hear the legal charge of rape isn't always what the technical legal charge actually means.

Agreed but my post had nothing to do with that, it was about what people think happened when they hear the legal charge of rape isn't always what the technical legal charge actually means.

so what is it then instead? She/He was asking for it or a lovely age gap relationships full of happiness?

You forgot digital rape, (penetrating another male/female with a finger or toe. without consent) still rape.

..most Westernised countries define rape, in part, as 'penetration to the least degree of any orifice without consent'.

Use of any violence is an 'aggravating' part of rape, assault etc. and is considered by the court whereever the matter is heard.

One should also bear in mind that legal definitions can differ from most countries and even states, counties, provinces within those countries.

By that definition;

If I stick a finger in your nose or mouth and it's rape.

I suspect that is missing a few phrases of clarification.

If I stuck a finger in your nose that MIGHT be assault, but never rape.

I think most people who have been raped will say that it is a crime of violence.

I think most people who have been raped will say that it is a crime of violence.

I think you didn't get my point then. Say a 19 year old is charged with statutory RAPE of his girlfriend. Victim of violence? No way.

When it comes to RAPE of MINORS the rapist will argue that it is LOVE and that the minors actually enjoying it and just the law is 'raping' their happy age gap relationship.

I think you didn't get my point then. Say a 19 year old is charged with statutory RAPE of his girlfriend. Victim of violence? No way.

If an adult has sex with even a consenting child then it goes into pedophilia, which is a different kind of power abuse. I hope we arent going to find this thread turns into a defence of Polanski or something. While kids having sex and one being just over and one just under age of consent is one thing, this is dangerous arguement to start raising in general terms.

• Like 2