YouTube Winter Olympics Sensation Dies In Thailand

webfact

Youtube Winter Olympics Sensation Dies in Thailand

gallery_327_1086_1564.jpg

The man who gained widespread internet notoriety after rushing the 2010 Vancouver Olympic torch procession to light a cigarette has been found dead in Thailand last week.

Ratchaburi, the 29th of August 2010: Jordan Ashley Krull [26] was found dead in Thailand’s Central province of Ratchaburi on Tuesday last week. Krull, discovered dead 500 meters from the Chet Samian railway station suffering from a severe head injury, is suspected to have fallen from a train in unknown circumstances.

At present, it is thought that Krull had fallen from an inbound train while standing in an open doorway or step of the locomotive. The only possessions on his body were his Canadian passport, ID card, train ticket and Bt8,000 in cash, according to a local police report on the incident.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-08-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Related topic:

"...is suspected to have fallen from a train in unknown circumstances"

Sounds like when my wife's cousin were stabbed to death by a neighbor and who's brother in law happened to be a local policeman:

"He were running with a knife and fell in an unfortunate way and got pierced by his own knife."

Why are Foreigners falling off of trains in Ratchaburi like the Canadian?

What are the odds of this happening twice by chance within days?

Sounds like a serial killer is doing this.

It don't happen twice. It is the same story and the same person. previously it wasn't known that he lit up a cigarette on the Olympic torch. This odds are good enough to create another headline out of the same story.

http://www.thaivisa....-in-ratchaburi/

Could be they are associated but in the previous article they claimed he had 8M Baht so you can guess where that went and this report says 8,000 Baht and ID card so robbery was not motive - it could be misadventure but very strange two Canadians die the same way within 3 days! Don't think the serial killer will wash but good chance with that amount of money on the former mishap there is some dodgy dealings involved. ph34r.gif

It don't happen twice. It is the same story and the same person. previously it wasn't known that he lit up a cigarette on the Olympic torch.

Incorrect.

Posted here 4 days ago in the other thread:

page__view__findpost__p__3839836

and here:

page__view__findpost__p__3840003

and here 3 days ago in the other thread:

page__view__findpost__p__3841966

I see, Hakuchi, my bad for not making that connection. I was reading headlines, skimming the story in the middle of the night while half asleep. Thanks for setting that straight.

My condolences to the family and friends.

Yes, it is a sad event, but that's it. This is a guy that thought it would be funny to interfere with an event that meant something to alot of people. He was being a selfish jerk. I don't think there will be any stories coming out of his volunteering down at the local food bank or social assistance organizations or of making a contribution to his local community.

Before anyone starts suggesting a murder conspiracy or a crime, please take into consideration the deceased's past behaviour. His death was consistent with his lifestyle and past activities,

:lol:

Looking at the YouTube video...he didn't exactly rush the flame...he merely stuck out his hand to light his cigarette on the flame. I can understand what the Canadian security would grab him, but frankly I think they over-reacted.

I can understand why he might really accidentaly fall off the train. If he was waiting standing outside the carriage...maybe planning to jump off the train just before it came to a full stop...and the train hit a bump or lurched when he wasn't expecting it...it's quite possible he just fell off.

Seems like he was a "free sprit" anyhow.

:lol:

Shitty to see a fellow Canadian enter the next stage. You went out in Style :) The torch still burns.

As a fellow Canadian my condolences to his family and friends. He had balls to do that at the Olympics, his way of protesting maybe about all the people moved out of low housing so visitors to the games would not see the poverty and drug addiction in Vancouver. Canada covers up a lot of things but they are not newsworthy usually.

Canadian Police always over react, they will put you over the side of the bath tub jump on you to brake your ribs then smash you head first into the toilet tank before they arrest and cuff you. Just to be safe.

Yes, it is a sad event, but that's it. This is a guy that thought it would be funny to interfere with an event that meant something to alot of people. He was being a selfish jerk. I don't think there will be any stories coming out of his volunteering down at the local food bank or social assistance organizations or of making a contribution to his local community.

Before anyone starts suggesting a murder conspiracy or a crime, please take into consideration the deceased's past behaviour. His death was consistent with his lifestyle and past activities,

Fitting that you defend the torch (as previous poster also mentioned)and it's ideals, the nazi 1936 idea for Berlin games. (reference, well no need to this is common knowledge)

Perhaps you think it is ok to perpetuate the flame representive of holocaust ? or are you another of those that deny it?

The poor chap is dead. He was young, 24? 26?

we have all made mistakes in our lives, even you the perfect geriatric kid? there is no need to philosophically dance on his grave, he's already dead, some kid, probably having a ciggy

mein gott I figure that people like you and those from your countrry would of been those making the decisions, involved in lending no aid to those in ww2 until the war was won, ( i.e. by the brits and the ruskies who were supplied by the brits!)

just think if the poor guy was actually a criminal as well, from the high masts eh? high

• Like 1

Is it illegal to steal fire?

It doesn't look like he put out the flame or tried to really get in the way of anything. He just used the flame to start his own light and at that point did nothing more than take public oxygen from the air and went on his way.

I find it sort of clever and funny myself. If he physically hurt someone or stole something real and not abstract, public, and natural as fire, then he is a selfish, but he did not, he just made a joke of something a lot of people take serious, so what, we all need to be grown up and able to laugh at ourselves. The Olympics will do just fine even if someone makes a mockery of it.

• Like 1

Canadian Police always over react, they will put you over the side of the bath tub jump on you to brake your ribs then smash you head first into the toilet tank before they arrest and cuff you. Just to be safe.

Wow, sounds like youve had some bad times with the Canadian police?

And why were they in your bathroom?

You forget that the court Jester played an important role in years gone by, by pointing out how ridiculous our actions and concepts can be. This was "........an event that meant something to a lot of people." Thousands waiting for hours to see the sacred flame, a gift from Zeus the sun god, in a ceremony carried out by vestal virgins on Mt.Olympus. Every olympiad, the route gets longer and more sheeple get sucked into this idiocy, an idiocy dreamed up by some of the best (and worst) manipulators of feeble minds that the world has known.

The deceased was making a huge contribution to his community. He was poking fun at the millions of dollars and man hours wasted in one of the most stupid activities known to man.

You forget that the court Jester played an important role in years gone by, by pointing out how ridiculous our actions and concepts can be. This was "........an event that meant something to a lot of people." Thousands waiting for hours to see the sacred flame, a gift from Zeus the sun god, in a ceremony carried out by vestal virgins on Mt.Olympus. Every olympiad, the route gets longer and more sheeple get sucked into this idiocy, an idiocy dreamed up by some of the best (and worst) manipulators of feeble minds that the world has known.

The deceased was making a huge contribution to his community. He was poking fun at the millions of dollars and man hours wasted in one of the most stupid activities known to man.

not forgetting that this flame actually represents german peoples belief that they are the master race. jeez the fact that this flame is accepted by so many over the world as a symbol of something unifying is disgusting,

not forgetting the controversy around recent olympics, not sure about the canadian bit but certainly in china

The reason I made my comment is that once again, a minor incident serves as an opportunity for some people to push their personal agendas. In particular is the suggestion that this was a "murder".

I appreciate that some people do not approve of the Olympics or the torch run, good for you. However, don't project your opinion that somehow this guy was protesting based on deeply held principle, because he wasn't. I suggest a bit of research on this fellow before making assumptions about free spirits or adventurers.

Edited by geriatrickid

I suggest a bit of research on this fellow before making assumptions about free spirits or adventurers.

To that end, perhaps a good place to start the research are the hundreds and hundreds of loving tributes to this young man that have poured in from around the globe:

Facebook:

In memory of Jordan Ashley Krull

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120619591321688&ref=search