YouTube Winter Olympics Sensation Dies In Thailand

webfact

I suggest a bit of research on this fellow before making assumptions about free spirits or adventurers.

To that end, perhaps a good place to start the research are the hundreds and hundreds of loving tributes to this young man that have poured in from around the globe:

Facebook:

In memory of Jordan Ashley Krull

http://www.facebook....1688&ref=searc

Are you serious? The page I see, when expanded to show all comments, does not have hundreds and hundreds of loving tributes. Rather there are comments from approx. 30 people, many that have commented several times. Are you unable to count, or just gripped by emotional hysteria and feel the need to exagerate? You are promoting someone to sainthood, based on what? It was an unfortunate incident. The deceased had friends. They are grieving. It is sad. Ok, I get it. Would you be carrying on in this manner if a Thai kid fell off or was run over by a train? It happens on a regular basis and I do not recall seeing your emotional pain expressed for that. You know nothing about this person and yet you carry on as if he was on a humanitarian mission in Thailand. Do your research, ok. Out of respect to the deceased's family I am not going to post hurtful information here. If someone wants it, they can PM me.

You are promoting someone to sainthood, based on what?

No one is being promoted to sainthood. I think everyone, except you, is taking the deceased at face value and see him as a generally likable and admirable character who met with an untimely end.

At the same time, I think by reading what other posters have said in regard to your comments about him, that they see it as a rather roughshod way to vilify him in some regard.

Would you be carrying on in this manner if a Thai kid fell off or was run over by a train?

First, I don't see any of this as "carrying on". I think a few people in a small group are posting a few benevolent words or thoughts on an unfortunate death. You act as if this is some sort of world stage with people actually screaming out, what in reality are, but a few bits of written text.

To answer your question, I, personally, would respond to a thread on "a Thai kid fell off or was run over by a train".

It happens on a regular basis and I do not recall seeing your emotional pain expressed for that.

I wasn't aware you had scanned a near half million replies

newsclippings.png

Still, if you would point me to a thread on that topic, I'd be more than willing to post on it. I'll admit I haven't read all 11,000 topics.

You know nothing about this person and yet you carry on as if he was on a humanitarian mission in Thailand.

Please refer to earlier response in regards to this "carrying on" notion of yours. I know more than "nothing" about this person as a great deal of information has been revealed about him over the 2 threads on this topic with its multiple links. I, and others, gather by your comments that you have not explored much of that information as your general negativity towards him is not duplicated by any other.

Edited by Buchholz

(edited, see above)....Fitting that you defend the torch (as previous poster also mentioned)and it's ideals, the nazi 1936 idea for Berlin games. (reference, well no need to this is common knowledge)

Perhaps you think it is ok to perpetuate the flame representive of holocaust ? or are you another of those that deny it?.....

Sorry, but this is a total distortion of the facts and the history of the olympic flame.

The olympic torch was first lit in the modern Olympics at the games in Amsterdam 1928, then at the games in Los Angeles in 1932. Athough Nazi persecution of the Jews was under way well before the 1936 Berlin Games, when the torch was first carried in a torch relay, this was well before the holocaust so however you twist history the flame simply cannot be "representative of the holocaust".

(edited, see above)....Fitting that you defend the torch (as previous poster also mentioned)and it's ideals, the nazi 1936 idea for Berlin games. (reference, well no need to this is common knowledge)

Perhaps you think it is ok to perpetuate the flame representive of holocaust ? or are you another of those that deny it?.....

Sorry, but this is a total distortion of the facts and the history of the olympic flame.

The olympic torch was first lit in the modern Olympics at the games in Amsterdam 1928, then at the games in Los Angeles in 1932. Athough Nazi persecution of the Jews was under way well before the 1936 Berlin Games, when the torch was first carried in a torch relay, this was well before the holocaust so however you twist history the flame simply cannot be "representative of the holocaust".

I think not , nazi persecution was going on long before these games, and paved the way towards holocaust, thus the very symbol of this olympic flames is actually representitive of the holocaust and is being defended

and you are way off topic in attacking me as I was merely pointing out to the ignorrant poster that judgements over some young kid who died is harsh considering

this sort of posting and attacking /defaming of someone the poster does not know is typical of the holier than thou posts I read in this forum,

:lol:

Looking at the YouTube video...he didn't exactly rush the flame...he merely stuck out his hand to light his cigarette on the flame. I can understand what the Canadian security would grab him, but frankly I think they over-reacted.

I can understand why he might really accidentaly fall off the train. If he was waiting standing outside the carriage...maybe planning to jump off the train just before it came to a full stop...and the train hit a bump or lurched when he wasn't expecting it...it's quite possible he just fell off.

Seems like he was a "free sprit" anyhow.

:lol:

not trying to interpret the young man's thoughts, but in the video, I saw......'Oh very cool, man, the Olympic Flame, I can't compete but I'm happy to be here and I can light my stogie without bothering anyone, and this will be the best smoke of my life, a great way to celebrate the games in my own country....'

Edited by siamiam