Is Football "Straight"?

Zodiac

Rather sadly the corruption in Pakistan cricket is all about economics. Their Test cricketers are paid between GBP750 and GBP2000 a month. Presumably a bit of spot fixing can multiply that 5 or 10 times.

When an EPL footballer can easily earn GBP200,000 a month, you have to see that as a fairly large incentive to remain honest especially as I dont fancy their chances of making much in the real world if they were banned from football.

But when refs and linesman are poorly paid in comparison it's more likely to be them that the bungs are aimed at which may explain the very poor decisions given by some of them.

Wasn't one of the EPL refs suspended by the FA a couple of years back when his business went bankrupt 'cos they thought he might be taking bungs after a partcularly incompetent performance?

PS Im corrupt and am not rich (i blame a lack of corrupt opportunities) but wouldnt rip the average man in the street off like these people seemingly have, its all down to morals or lack of them at the end of the day.

Spot on...

I'd have done it just for a laff.

Wasn't one of the EPL refs suspended by the FA a couple of years back when his business went bankrupt 'cos they thought he might be taking bungs after a partcularly incompetent performance?

Clattenburg it was..

http://clattenburg.epetitions.net/

i don't know why anyone would assume that english referees are beyond influence when the italian ones were so easily corrupted by moggi. it's entirely possible in a game which guards its own secrets so carefully.

p.s. the 18 year old pakistani cricket wunderkind has a 500k house and a fleet of cars and motorbikes. he's far from skint even at that age.

Paul Kitson and the West Ham team had a spread bet on when the first throwin would be, and Kitson hoofed it out of play on his first kick.

Similar kind of thing to the cricket scam.

No no no no, couldn't have been the scammers, they would never do anything crooked :o

& who was the <deleted> Manager at the time ????????????????? :D

This is him after the Wigan defeat...

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Classic. I love the "I'm not a wheeler n dealer, Ima f##kin football manager" :lol: !!

Paul Kitson and the West Ham team had a spread bet on when the first throwin would be, and Kitson hoofed it out of play on his first kick.

Similar kind of thing to the cricket scam.

No no no no, couldn't have been the scammers, they would never do anything crooked :o

& who was the <deleted> Manager at the time ????????????????? :D

This is him after the Wigan defeat...

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Classic. I love the "I'm not a wheeler n dealer, Ima f##kin football manager" :lol: !!

Madness Jack, he's THRIVED on being the Arthur Daley of Football for the last 15 Years plus, he's loved it " i'm down to the bare bones but we'll do a bit of wheeling & dealing to sort it out " is what he used to say in EVERY Interview with the Press when he was in charge & stealing from my Club, yet all of a sudden we have a little Court Case coming up & he doesn't like it any more..

My heart bleeds...

Madness Jack, he's THRIVED on being the Arthur Daley of Football for the last 15 Years plus, he's loved it " i'm down to the bare bones but we'll do a bit of wheeling & dealing to sort it out " is what he used to say in EVERY Interview with the Press when he was in charge & stealing from my Club, yet all of a sudden we have a little Court Case coming up & he doesn't like it any more..

My heart bleeds...

agreed. he's played that arfur daley man of the people schtick for years now while he was pretty obviously taking backhanders left, right and centre. is there any chance he could get a spell of porridge?

My heart bleeds...

agreed. he's played that arfur daley man of the people schtick for years now while he was pretty obviously taking backhanders left, right and centre. is there any chance he could get a spell of porridge?

No chance. I've heard the guy he's hired a guy that could get a blind man off a drink drive charge, although guilty he probably is.

My heart bleeds...

No chance. I've heard the guy he's hired a guy that could get a blind man off a drink drive charge, although guilty he probably is.

'a blind man off a drink drive charge'? that's simple isn't it? 'your honour, being visually handicapped it is entirely reasonable to assume that my client merely thought he was playing the out run arcade game down at his local amusement arcade and one can quite easily imagine the shock he experienced when he heard genuine human beings screaming in pain. . .'

My heart bleeds...

'a blind man off a drink drive charge'? that's simple isn't it? 'your honour, being visually handicapped it is entirely reasonable to assume that my client merely thought he was playing the out run arcade game down at his local amusement arcade and one can quite easily imagine the shock he experienced when he heard genuine human beings screaming in pain. . .'

Yep, thats the one.

One things for sure, judging by his post match interview, he's rather stressed out. Apparently, his defence team is costing him big time

Yep, thats the one.

One things for sure, judging by his post match interview, he's rather stressed out. Apparently, his defence team is costing him big time

hah. must have run out of cash-stuffed brown envelopes with which to pay them. bent scrotum-faced tosser.