Goodyear Tires

eladblum

I checked a few shops in Phitsanulok for a GOODYEAR tires 175 / 65 R 15

Went to EAGLE shop right before the Big C traffic light - 1700 per tire

Little further - COCKPIT - was offered to buy a used set from a show room - 1500 per tire or 2450 for brand new.

Keep going - a small shop after COCKPIT - 1500 per tire - brand new.

I somewhat confused about the prices and wouldn't want to buy some chinese copies or some reconstructed tires.

Any tips about what to look for when buying tires?

Thanks.

Edited by eladblum

See if the tires are fresh and new. Goodyear has quite a few different patterns and different prices.

To see if the tyres are fresh, check the DOT code on the sidewall. The DOT is a 4 digit code signifying the week and year of production. so 2209 means week 22 year 2009.

Tyres shouldnt be too old, but up to 2 years is just fine assuming they ve been stored well.

This size does around 2300 in BKK in various premium brands.

Hak

So what kind of tire they're trying to sell for 1500-1700 baht?

God what was I thinking? That isn't the rating you're asking about, it was late and I was tired :whistling: .. Anyhoooooo who are you referring to for 1500-1700b? B-quick? Your post suggests that the 1500b tires were used were they not? If not I think you should inquire of the dealer as pretty hard to come to any conclusion here..

God what was I thinking? That isn't the rating you're asking about, it was late and I was tired :whistling: .. Anyhoooooo who are you referring to for 1500-1700b? B-quick? Your post suggests that the 1500b tires were used were they not? If not I think you should inquire of the dealer as pretty hard to come to any conclusion here..

Well, the Eagle store that supplies GOOD YEAR offered 1700 b for a new one, another small shop said 1500 for a new one.

Yesterday I went to another big shop with good reputation. I was told that they currently have only 185/55, which I can use also and the price was 2,200 b for

a Thai company (forgot its name) and almost 3000 b for DUNLUP.

So I've asked the guy: Why at the Eagle Store the price is 1700 b for a GOOD YEAR tire and you're offering me 2300 b for a Thai company? (expecting "it's a fake" answer or something like that). So he naturally answers (with no hesitations or the smallest bit of business sense):

"Yeah, that's the GOOD YEAR price for the 175/65R15, the 185/55 is more expensive."

Edited by eladblum