Motorbike Seat Recovering Shop In Pattaya

TMC

I'm in Chanthaburi. I took my bike to a Seat recovering/repair shop to get my seat recovered with a little extra padding. I showed him pics of one that been done already (PCX) and he said come back in a couple of hours.

I went back and nothing had been done! He said he couldn't do it! I showed him the pics and said "Look! .. this one's been done! It can be done. This is your business! .. recovering bike seats!

He just kept saying "tahm mai dai" .. Can't do it. I asked him if I could buy a couple of metres of vinyl and I'll do it myself...."Mai mee" .. I don't have any! I was about to ask how he can recover seats if he has no vinyl .. and can't do it anyway .. when I decided the man was a complete idiot and I'd be wasting my time. ;)

I went to several bike shops .. and most of them said they couldn't do it .. or directed me to the idiots shop.

So .... does anyone know of a place in Pattaya that does seat recovering? I'm going up there next weekend.

Cheers

PS .. Sorry about the long story .. but I thought I'd entertain you first! :blink:

Arm Modify in Bang Saray about 24km to the east of Pattaya on Sukhumvit. From Pattaya it is left side and about 50meters before the second overhead pedestrian bridge. It is a small modify shop that does great work. http://www.arm-modify.com/contact.html

I have just had new rider and pillion seats made for my CBR. Both creations exceeded my expectations easliy.

I had photos showing what I was after and supplied the bases. The upulstery guy supplied the foam and vynel

From there the guy did a first class job. Even to the extent of including tastily done welded patten lines and a Honda colours HRD motive in the pillion seat. Total price...incredible......400 Baht

In fact I had Armmodify do quite a lot of other work also, and I couldnt fault the workmanship, and the bill was about half what I was expecting.

I would certainly reccomend them for modify work. Most of their work is on small bikes as that is the biggest demand obviously, but do have experience with larger bikes also.

Speak some English.

Tmc.. The PCX saddle is a pain to do. My local guy who did my Vx800 seat took about 2 hours to do mine. But the Pcx that was before mine took nearly 5 hours. He doesn't speak English but just looking at his face he it had been a PITA . Looked bloody good when he had finished thou  :D

Go down the Pattaya Naklua Road and there are two or three on the left hand side going towards Naklua, after Wat Po.

Go down Chaiyapreuk 2 from Sukhumvit and there is one nearly opposite the stadium.

Thepprasit, as described.

200 baht for a new seat for my partner's Click, including the custom base, at Chaiyapreuk.

Arm Modify in Bang Saray about 24km to the east of Pattaya on Sukhumvit. From Pattaya it is left side and about 50meters before the second overhead pedestrian bridge. It is a small modify shop that does great work. http://www.arm-modify.com/contact.html

I have just had new rider and pillion seats made for my CBR. Both creations exceeded my expectations easliy.

Do you have pictures of your new seat(s)?

Edited by Prudent_rabbit

Dont have any pics yet as I am restoring the whole bike and not finished yet. (Hopefully finished within a couple of weeks )

But I will take a few pics tomorrow (Wed) and post tomorrow evening.

Pics of the rider's and pillion seats on my CBR. Remember it is a sport bike so functionaly simple and plain is the order of the day. Turned out exactly as I wanted.

I have seen some truly great fancy work on some of the modified scoots at Arm modify.

post-78830-095551200 1283347169_thumb.jp

post-78830-060508600 1283347269_thumb.jp

post-78830-030819900 1283347390_thumb.jp

post-78830-016243000 1283347585_thumb.jp

• 7 months later...

Wow, that's weird, bike seat shops are everywhere in Bangkok. Surprised it's so hard to find in Pattaya...

Well, thats funny I posted 2 different times on here trying to find a good bike seat shop to redo and customize a bike set and no one could come up with a single one. I had to order a C&C from the states. Where were you all 6 months ago.

Very funny.

Reading the posts I can see directions to one on Theprasit (there are actually 2, the second being opposite Soi 17), two on the Pattaya-Naklua Road, one on Chaiyapreuk, and one near Bang-Saray. They're the shops with bike seats hanging up outside.

All are still open, FFJ, but if you just want "vinyl by the metre" you may be better off going to re-upholsterers like the one in Naklua on Sukhumvit Road, the ones on Theprasit, the one on Sukhumvit after Makro, etc, where you should find a much wider choice of colour, finish, etc. If you want cheap vinyl or leather skins try the "junk" shop in Au Udom just after the traffic lights, under the big tree on the left side (heading Pattaya - Si Racha).