Thai Catholic School Teacher Caught Caning Students

webfact

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone would like the Thai law that prohibits corporal punishment, pm me. I have it in Thai and in English.

Last week at my school, I counted 34 canning marks on her arms.

post-53467-0-80573500-1324773063_thumb.j

Did you report the teacher? It looks like pretty severe physical abuse to me. Do you care to name the school?

Whats laughable is how Thais are in uproar about this but when they want to they will kill you for losing face over something stupid.............well according to TV anyway.

Where do you think Thais learn that 'the more powerful and violent people' get their way?

This just teaches them that violence is the only way to earn respect and control others. We can see how well THAT lesson of the devil is learned here.

Edited by animatic

Amazing world we live in...although it worked for me when I was young, I even listened sometimes after a good spank. Never bothered me though, I knew I deserved it ....till I was strong enough to spank back.

Yeah, it certainly worked as a deterrent to me. I think the most I ever got in 1 session was 4 strokes. Didn't die from it, or need medical/psychiatric help... but those bruises on me arse were something to behold.

If kids are out of line a caning works wonders. But in my school such canings had to be recorded: reason, number of lashes and so-on. I kinda like corporal punishment, kids are naughty sometimes and don't need some psycho analist to interview them... just a good caning and it's done with.

I don't know what these boys did wrong, but I know when I got caned I was guilty every time!

It is disturbing when a teacher appears to relish handing out the canings though, doesn't it.

Not PC I know, but I don't really mind it all too much.

A good candidate to be evaluated for -

Sadistic personality disorder is:

A] A pervasive pattern of cruel, demeaning, and aggressive behavior, beginning by early adulthood, as indicated by the repeated occurrence of at least four of the following:

1. has used physical cruelty or violence for the purpose of establishing dominance in a relationship (not merely to achieve some non-interpersonal goal, such as striking someone in order to rob him/her).

2. humiliates or demeans people in the presence of others.

3. has treated or disciplined someone under his/her control unusually harshly.

4. is amused by, or takes pleasure in, the psychological or physical suffering of others (including animals).

5. has lied for the purpose of harming or inflicting pain on others (not merely to achieve some other goal).

6. gets other people to do what he/she wants by frightening them (through intimidation or even terror).

7. restricts the autonomy of people with whom he or she has a close relationship, e.g., will not let spouse leave the house unaccompanied or permit teenage daughter to attend social functions.

8. is fascinated by violence, weapons, injury, or torture.

B] The behavior in A has not been directed toward only one person (e.g., spouse, one child) and has not been solely for the purpose of sexual arousal (as in sexual sadism).

would that include "Hang them high" posters. and various other comments like these that poke fun on foreigners in Thai jail?

specially if i look at point 4 or 8.

Or even Thais in Thai jails for example, Red shirts eh Buchholz?

Not sure what your far stretching reach has to do with this thread on child abuse, but there's probably more than a few Red Shirts that share their tendencies with the perpetrator.

Amazing world we live in...although it worked for me when I was young, I even listened sometimes after a good spank. Never bothered me though, I knew I deserved it ....till I was strong enough to spank back.

Yeah, it certainly worked as a deterrent to me. I think the most I ever got in 1 session was 4 strokes. Didn't die from it, or need medical/psychiatric help... but those bruises on me arse were something to behold.

If kids are out of line a caning works wonders. But in my school such canings had to be recorded: reason, number of lashes and so-on. I kinda like corporal punishment, kids are naughty sometimes and don't need some psycho analist to interview them... just a good caning and it's done with.

I don't know what these boys did wrong, but I know when I got caned I was guilty every time!

It is disturbing when a teacher appears to relish handing out the canings though, doesn't it.

Not PC I know, but I don't really mind it all too much.

I really hope you meant psychoanalyst......and not psycho analist

Have people forgotten that until 30 odd years ago caning was common place in English schools and was completely acceptable. In my view caning , properly carried out, never did anyone any harm. I was caned myself on several occasions and believe it taught me the right lesson. The threat of the cane often acted as a deterrent without it being needed to be carried out. Since corporal punishment was banned in English schools discipline has become a major problem as teachers have few ways to punish pupils and even have to ask parents permission before giving a detention.

Some of the yobs in our societies today would have benefited from a good caning in their youth!!!

total agreement !

It doesn't build character, it destroys self esteem and teaches kids that if you have power over somebody else, be it by size or age, you have a right to abuse them how and when you see fit. It seems there are lots of older gentlemen on this board reminiscing back to the olden days of the joys they experienced being beaten by their headmaster. I had a fourth grade teacher who would whack us on the back of the head with his school ring if we were speaking out of turn, it would leave a welt for a couple days (but wasn't something parents could see). If I had a chance to see him again today, even though he is in his seventies by now, I would confront him with it and ask if he would like a blow to his head as a return to the favor. When I was 9 years old we took it in stride, but only because he had the power over us to do such a thing. Sick, really sick.

It is possible to gain respect from young people without beating them with a stick. I have spent my life in education and know it is absolutely possible. By appealing to their common sense, training them about actions and consequences, and setting punishments that don't involve physical abuse but are in many ways much more effective, you can avoid all of this. Alas, though, it takes time, intelligence, and patience to use these methods, none of which our teachers of yore in the West or apparently the teachers in thailand are evolved enough to comprehend or believe in.

Please do not put those sick sadistic fukcs on pedestals. They cause nothing but pain and breed nothing but an attitude that violence is the quickest solution to all of your problems. Anyone who feels that punishing boys or girls like what was shown in that video probably also gets off on watching Auswitch videos.

Edited by tominbkk