Thaivisa Website

Westerner

Since thaivisa re-vamped the website a few months ago I am having so many problems. When I click on something I get the big egg-timer and have to wait about 3 minutes for it to clear. When I eventually manage to access a topic I have a lot of blank white space and have to scroll down and down before I can read the topic.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Westerner

Hi, What browser are you using?

Could you please try with another browser (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer) etc and report back how it goes.

What DNS settings do you have?

Thanks

Hi George,

I was using an out of date Internet Explorer but wasn't able to update to Explorer 8 (maybe because I have copy windows!). I've just downloaded Mozilla Firefox and the problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks very much for your help.

Westerner

Thai Visa is a pain in the neck today. I could make a cup of coffee while it loads (on a 6MB connection!).

It hangs on admaxasia just about every time I load a page.

I get the ticker tape (which I would really like to get rid of if it speeds it up) and the logo then wait while the coffee brews for it to find admaxasia! :coffee1:

George.... Isn't there a way you could put a limit on how long your system waits for admaxasia? Give them 4 seconds and if they're not there, then let us go right to our posts bypassing their ads. The problem is very bad this morning....minute long waits.

LiteBeer, do you have any other suggestions? I cleared my cache, turned off AdBlocker (Firefox) and nothing helps speed up TV. I normally have to wait about 20 seconds for each new thread to pop up. Makes TV very clunky. It keeps waiting for adsmaxasia.

I am far from a computer expert but fed up with the same problem I switched over to Chrome from FireFox a couple of days ago and it does seem quicker.

I think my solution is to head over to the Teak Door. I am tired of waiting only to see ads between all the posts. ThaiVisa has really taken on an advertising bent in the last 4 months.

the adsmax issue was supposed to have been resolved, and I must admit, I do not have these issues, I will report them to our guyy again

Thanks sbk. Today things are fine, as it's not going to admaxasia at all. Thanks for doing whatever you did.