Condo In Chiang Mai

Hi folks

I'm currently in the process of looking for a condo/appt in Chiang Mai. I have been to Chiang Mai on a few occassions as a tourist but that doesn't really give a person an incite into the areas around the city.

As with most cities across the world there are good and bad suburbs to live, despite the overall feeling of the city being good. Can anyone share their experience of living in Chiang Mai and give me a heads up of some of the better places to buy a property, or bad places to avoid?

Also, is there any capital growth in real estate in Chiang Mai?

Please keep the feedback , good or bad, constructive as I read too many comments from posters that basically for one reason or another have nothing good whatsoever to say about Thailand. Beats me why they still go to Thailand.

Thanks in anticipation.

Howard

I have a Thai friend who lives and owns property in Chiang Mai, she is a lawyer, has lived there most of her life having gone to the local university.

She has a small condo for sale in the city, good starter spot, low price. She owns additional property. It could be beneficial to speak with her.

Please respond for her coordinates. Cheers