Synchronisation On Tv

Traxster

Is there a reason why TV Stations/Channels/Supervisors/Engineers appear to be totally unable to synchronise the audio and video when broadcasting any particular show.

I,personally ,find it quite disconcerting when watching something on the television and the speakers lips do not correspond with what is being heard .

Now,if this happened only very occasionally then perhaps one might be inclined to ignore it.

But it happens most of the time every day !

I must admit that as far as I am concerned this only happens on channels where English is being spoken because that is the language in which I am most comfortable,

being as how a particular version of English is my mother tongue.

So......why does this happen ?

Why don't 'they' fix it.?

If 'they can't fix it,then get someone who can.

Cheers.......

G'day,

Thanks for your response.

I live in View Talay 5C in Jomtien and so I use Sothon which I believe is via cable.

There's really not much we can do about it.

Thanks again.....

How are you watching, is it satellite from UBC/TRUE?

If so, try rebooting the box.

This might cure the problem.

Is this a new problem? Is it on every channel? Do others experience the same problem? Have you contacted Sophon? And if so, what was their reply. What type of TV do you have (make, model)? Can you try an older, tube TV to see if you have the same problem? Sophon should be synching audio and video; it takes longer to process video so you have to lag the audio.

I have the same problem from cable in Phuket but I think it is getting better as I do not seem to be put off by it so much. There used to be movies where the audio came on after the lips stopped moving.

Edited by Valentine

Same problem on TMN Cable from time to time. The problem would probably go away if the cable providers re-booted their decoder boxes. However, in my experience with Cable TV operators, they don't seem to bother monitoring what they are sending down the cable anyway so may well be unaware of the problem. BTV were terrible in this respect - I think their techs were permanently out to lunch! I sacked them in favour of TMN and they've been a lot better. I can't speak for Sophon as I've never used them.

DM