Iphone 4 Prices At Mbk?

lasc2433

I didnt want to wait anymore........got my iPhone4 32GB for B32K at MBK grey market ---plastic screen protector thrown in (iPhone4 was factory unlocked, Australian origin..first thought it was UK origin)

really happy with it.... previously had iPhone 3GS.....

(at a separate shop, got a "bumper" for the iPhone (B400) (got other kinds of cases at iStudio Siam Square and also at True Digital Siam Square)

the USA version of the iPhone4 32GB (jailbroken unlocked) was only slightly cheaper...

(I dont remember the 16GB prices, as I really wanted larger memory capacity)....

I didnt want to wait anymore........got my iPhone4 32GB for B32K at MBK grey market ---plastic screen protector thrown in (iPhone4 was factory unlocked, Australian origin..first thought it was UK origin)

really happy with it.... previously had iPhone 3GS.....

(at a separate shop, got a "bumper" for the iPhone (B400) (got other kinds of cases at iStudio Siam Square and also at True Digital Siam Square)

the USA version of the iPhone4 32GB (jailbroken unlocked) was only slightly cheaper...

(I dont remember the 16GB prices, as I really wanted larger memory capacity)....

I will be in Bangkok this Monday and I think I am going to get the 4 factory unlocked, was there a specific shop you went to? Anyone know what they are giving for a factory unlocked 3gs in perfect shape, I will be selling that after my 4 is set up

I will be in Bangkok this Monday and I think I am going to get the 4 factory unlocked, was there a specific shop you went to? Anyone know what they are giving for a factory unlocked 3gs in perfect shape, I will be selling that after my 4 is set up

I wouldn't call it a "shop".....it was just a mom-and-pop glass counter about 1 meter in length....I dont think I could find it again even if I tried (it is in a frenzied maze of counters)

but there are dozens and dozens of those counters on the 4th floor of MBK with grey market iPhones on sale.....they have the iPhones in boxes in the glass counters so its obvious......shop around because each counter seemed to quote a slightly (or grossly) different price (but make sure they are clear on exactly what model they are quoting a price on, because some were a bit confused)..its also kinda fun because you learn a lot chatting with different sellers....(if you go on a weekday, its much better because they are more relaxed)

(1) you should make sure its a HK, UK, Australian etc. origin factory unlocked phone (as some counters don't make the distinction between a hacked unlocked phone from the USA and a factory unlocked phone from a different country (and therefore quotes you a lower price).....they just say "unlocked, unlocked"

(2) also make sure that that particular counter has the phone in its own shop (otherwise that counter person will just call a friend at another counter for the available stock, so you are paying a middleman markup unnecessarily....just go shopping at another counter who actually has the phone in its own counter stock).....

(3) also, after negotiation and before paying, have them take it out of the box and start it up and check it out....(for example, if it has a "cydia" app, it is obviously hack unlocked)

(4) dont know what they are paying to buy a secondhand 3GS...I gave mine to my secy who is very good (and who had the very first gen iPhone that I have never seen before)....

I wouldn't call it a "shop".....it was just a mom-and-pop glass counter about 1 meter in length....I dont think I could find it again even if I tried (it is in a frenzied maze of counters)

but there are dozens and dozens of those counters on the 4th floor of MBK with grey market iPhones on sale.....they have the iPhones in boxes in the glass counters so its obvious......shop around because each counter seemed to quote a slightly (or grossly) different price (but make sure they are clear on exactly what model they are quoting a price on, because some were a bit confused)..its also kinda fun because you learn a lot chatting with different sellers....(if you go on a weekday, its much better because they are more relaxed)

(1) you should make sure its a HK, UK, Australian etc. origin factory unlocked phone (as some counters don't make the distinction between a hacked unlocked phone from the USA and a factory unlocked phone from a different country (and therefore quotes you a lower price).....they just say "unlocked, unlocked"

(2) also make sure that that particular counter has the phone in its own shop (otherwise that counter person will just call a friend at another counter for the available stock, so you are paying a middleman markup unnecessarily....just go shopping at another counter who actually has the phone in its own counter stock).....

(3) also, after negotiation and before paying, have them take it out of the box and start it up and check it out....(for example, if it has a "cydia" app, it is obviously hack unlocked)

(4) dont know what they are paying to buy a secondhand 3GS...I gave mine to my secy who is very good (and who had the very first gen iPhone that I have never seen before)....

great, will do what you say. How can I tell if its from Hk, Uk, Australian? Is the only way to check by looking for the cydia app? How can I check the phone if the sim is not in it, I dont have a micro sim. If I don't see the cydia will it be unlocked for sure, or is there another way of checking. I know once I brought it I cant bring it back and I definitely dont want to do the hack thanks for any help

great, will do what you say. How can I tell if its from Hk, Uk, Australian? Is the only way to check by looking for the cydia app? How can I check the phone if the sim is not in it, I dont have a micro sim. If I don't see the cydia will it be unlocked for sure, or is there another way of checking. I know once I brought it I cant bring it back and I definitely dont want to do the hack thanks for any help

dont worry, all of the good (in the know) sellers should have their own micro sim cards that they can pop in for testing purposes (already pre-activated for calls and data activity)..they also have laptops and resident techno guy for on-the-sport hacking, downloadings etc.

Im no expert but as far as I know, there are two clues on origin......

the first clue is the type of electrical plug in the box....the massive three prong plug is HK/UK style, the normal straight plug is US, etc.

the second clue is under Settings>General>About check for the Model number: (my iPhone 4 unlocked is an Australian origin with corresponding model number MC605X)

good luck!

I found this list on the internet:

LOCKED iPhone 4 country model numbers

Germany

MC603DN/A – 16GB Black

MC605DN/A – 32GB Black

Japan

MC603J/A – 16GB Black

MC605J/A – 32GB Black

Spain

MC603Y/A – 16GB Black

MC605Y/A – 32GB Black

USA

MC608LL/A – 16GB Black

MC610LL/A – 32GB Black

MC318LL/A – 16GB Black

MC319LL/A – 32GB Black

UNLOCKED iPhone 4 country part numbers

Australia

MC603X/A – 16GB Black

MC605X/A – 32GB Black

Canada

MC603C/A – 16GB Black

MC605C/A – 32GB Black

France

MC603FB/A – 16GB Black

MC605FB/A – 32GB Black

Hong Kong

MC605ZP/A – 32GB Black

MC603ZP/A – 16GB Black

Italy

MC603IP/A – 16GB Black

MC605IP/A – 32GB Black

New Zealand

MC603X/A – 16GB Black

MC605X/A – 32GB Black

Singapore

MC603ZA/A – 16GB Black

MC605ZA/A – 32GB Black

Sweden

MC603KS/A – 16GB Black

MC605KS/A – 32GB Black

United Kingdom

MC603B/A – 16GB Black

MC605B/A – 32GB Black

dont worry, all of the good (in the know) sellers should have their own micro sim cards that they can pop in for testing purposes (already pre-activated for calls and data activity)..they also have laptops and resident techno guy for on-the-sport hacking, downloadings etc.

the first clue is the type of electrical plug in the box....the massive three prong plug is HK/UK style, the normal straight plug is US, etc.

the second clue is under Settings>General>About check for the Model number: (my iPhone 4 unlocked is an Australian origin with corresponding model number MC605X)

good luck!

Germany

MC603DN/A – 16GB Black

MC605DN/A – 32GB Black

Japan

MC603J/A – 16GB Black

MC605J/A – 32GB Black

Spain

MC603Y/A – 16GB Black

MC605Y/A – 32GB Black

USA

MC608LL/A – 16GB Black

MC610LL/A – 32GB Black

MC318LL/A – 16GB Black

MC319LL/A – 32GB Black

Australia

MC603X/A – 16GB Black

MC605X/A – 32GB Black

Canada

MC603C/A – 16GB Black

MC605C/A – 32GB Black

France

MC603FB/A – 16GB Black

MC605FB/A – 32GB Black

Hong Kong

MC605ZP/A – 32GB Black

MC603ZP/A – 16GB Black

Italy

MC603IP/A – 16GB Black

MC605IP/A – 32GB Black

New Zealand

MC603X/A – 16GB Black

MC605X/A – 32GB Black

Singapore

MC603ZA/A – 16GB Black

MC605ZA/A – 32GB Black

Sweden

MC603KS/A – 16GB Black

MC605KS/A – 32GB Black

United Kingdom

MC603B/A – 16GB Black

MC605B/A – 32GB Black

thanks, will bring the list and check it out

I am going to get one in MBK in bangkok but i happened to be in BigC today and thought I would check. The lady at the counter said she had one factory unlocked, and can be used with iTunes, 32G for 35,700. before even asking I asked where it was from, she said the US. I just walked away

good luck!

Germany

MC603DN/A – 16GB Black

MC605DN/A – 32GB Black

Japan

MC603J/A – 16GB Black

MC605J/A – 32GB Black

Spain

MC603Y/A – 16GB Black

MC605Y/A – 32GB Black

USA

MC608LL/A – 16GB Black

MC610LL/A – 32GB Black

MC318LL/A – 16GB Black

MC319LL/A – 32GB Black

Australia

MC603X/A – 16GB Black

MC605X/A – 32GB Black

Canada

MC603C/A – 16GB Black

MC605C/A – 32GB Black

France

MC603FB/A – 16GB Black

MC605FB/A – 32GB Black

Hong Kong

MC605ZP/A – 32GB Black

MC603ZP/A – 16GB Black

Italy

MC603IP/A – 16GB Black

MC605IP/A – 32GB Black

New Zealand

MC603X/A – 16GB Black

MC605X/A – 32GB Black

Singapore

MC603ZA/A – 16GB Black

MC605ZA/A – 32GB Black

Sweden

MC603KS/A – 16GB Black

MC605KS/A – 32GB Black

United Kingdom

MC603B/A – 16GB Black

MC605B/A – 32GB Black

Went to MBK and looked at many places. most didnt have it but could get one but I passed. After checking about 6 of them I still didnt find the source but I found a guy that was knowledgeable and said he could get a hong kong one for 34,000, and wouldn't go lower. Guess he wanted to make the 2k. I went with him as a "safe than sorry" after he promised to open a new box, check the model number and check it on iTunes. 2k insurance policy. He did all that and the phone works great. The addition of more pixels, no 5mp and the flash made it all worth it. Said my old 3gs was worth 18k. will take the beating and sell to my friend for that..

Thanks for your help, I'm not sure I would have gone that route without your help. Love my new iPhone

What's the difference between buying an unlocked Austrailian or HK iphone than a jailbreaked US iphone?

you have to use jailbreaking software, cannot get on the itunes site to upgrade software, sync and save info on phone, download apps. Spend a bit more and do it right. Since I did it right last time, one click on the itunes made my new phone exactly as my old phone was with all information and apps

Went to MBK and looked at many places. most didnt have it but could get one but I passed. After checking about 6 of them I still didnt find the source but I found a guy that was knowledgeable and said he could get a hong kong one for 34,000, and wouldn't go lower. Guess he wanted to make the 2k. I went with him as a "safe than sorry" after he promised to open a new box, check the model number and check it on iTunes. 2k insurance policy. He did all that and the phone works great. The addition of more pixels, no 5mp and the flash made it all worth it. Said my old 3gs was worth 18k. will take the beating and sell to my friend for that..

Thanks for your help, I'm not sure I would have gone that route without your help. Love my new iPhone

congrats!!! enjoy your new iPhone 4...I am addicted to mine (and my iPad) and cant leave home without it! (I also have an Android Samsung Galaxy S and only use it sometimes, so I guess Im a confirmed Apple person)

congrats!!! enjoy your new iPhone 4...I am addicted to mine (and my iPad) and cant leave home without it! (I also have an Android Samsung Galaxy S and only use it sometimes, so I guess Im a confirmed Apple person)

Raptor.. How much do you want for your lightly used Samsung? biggrin.gif

[congrats!!! enjoy your new iPhone 4...I am addicted to mine (and my iPad) and cant leave home without it! (I also have an Android Samsung Galaxy S and only use it sometimes, so I guess Im a confirmed Apple person)

Raptor.. How much do you want for your lightly used Samsung? biggrin.gif

hmm.....I might be able to let it go for B16K (and throw in 2 clear silicon cases plus an extra charger)....smile.gif

but gf has right of first refusal wink.gif

Edited by Raptor7

Does anybody know when the official release will be of the iPhone4 in Thailand? I heard and read things

of July... August...September but still don't see it yet. Just the coming soon but soon seems to be late.

On some Thai forums I've seen 24 September, although you can pre-order with AIS now; they mention a midnight launch party where you can pick up your phone. Not sure about pricing, maybe 23k for 16 GB and 27k for 32 GB?

Does anybody know when the official release will be of the iPhone4 in Thailand? I heard and read things

of July... August...September but still don't see it yet. Just the coming soon but soon seems to be late.

On some Thai forums I've seen 24 September, although you can pre-order with AIS now; they mention a midnight launch party where you can pick up your phone. Not sure about pricing, maybe 23k for 16 GB and 27k for 32 GB?

27k is the price in fortune, MBK is in general a rip off place fortune have less shops but better prices in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Apple retail at the Apple Store in Singapore sell the iPhone 4 retail 16Gb at 20,000 Baht and 24,000 for the 32Gb. Thailand is still a ripoff.

Is there an actual Apple store in Singapore? If so, can a person just walk into the store and buy one? Or, maybe, more than one?

Thanks

Yeah, official launch date is 24th of Sept.Tomorrow!

Is there an actual Apple store in Singapore? If so, can a person just walk into the store and buy one? Or, maybe, more than one?

Thanks

there are apple resellers but they are no ready stock avail.

if there is, they are selling above the apple store price as well

32GB at the store goes for about 30000Baht

apple SG online order is 3 week wait

Going by the online prices, Singapore and HK have the cheapest iPhone4's in the world. However I am yet to meet anyone thats actually been able to buy one off the apple store. Its been stating a 3 week wait for much longer than 3 weeks!

3-5 week wait for HKG apple store. cheapest right now cos of falling USD