The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another thread that is more than 2 1/2 years old, that really has nothing to do with the current topic which is Bangkok Airways May 2013 flyer bonus offer.

Yeah...would have been nice if could have actually stayed on that other thread.

Anyway............2 days now and it still wont let me redeem my points!!!!

Flight is available...click on "NEXT" and nothing happens!!!!!!!

Still no response from the airline as to why it will not accept my request................so.........now what ???

Another thread that is more than 2 1/2 years old, that really has nothing to do with the current topic which is Bangkok Airways May 2013 flyer bonus offer.

How many Bangkok Air threads do you need ? This is a dedicated thread & it's called BKK Air rant thread. does that make sense?

• Like 1

Still no response from the airline as to why it will not accept my request................so.........now what ???

Have you called them?

Have you called them?

YES.............guess what?? Cant even get through to speak to anyone....will keep trying.

Have you called them?

YES.............guess what?? Cant even get through to speak to anyone....will keep trying.

My guess is if you call at 2100 there might be no one there why not do as I doo call day time. There's a airport office a Chaweng office or go and walk in and buy the ticket if you are serious.

Have you called them?

They are all at the PG party already may be tongue.png

My guess is if you call at 2100 there might be no one there why not do as I doo call day time. There's a airport office a Chaweng office or go and walk in and buy the ticket if you are serious.

The only problem with walk-in bookings - the staff lie about availability (or not) on the cheaper flights.

I live near the airport. Check on-line - have availability on the early bird.

Go to the airport - not available now, but we have more expensive seat sir.

Go home - still available.

This has happened on a number of occasions. Bandit Airways - a well deserved and hard earned name.

(I quite often book a flight for a friend's daughter - cannot use the credit card.)

The only problem with walk-in bookings - the staff lie about availability (or not) on the cheaper flights.

This has happened on a number of occasions. Bandit Airways - a well deserved and hard earned name.

(I quite often book a flight for a friend's daughter - cannot use the credit card.)

Take your laptop, sit there & show them. I hope they have WiFi.

• Like 2

Never thought of that Rooo. Thanks. (I have a dongle!) wai.gif

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones. biggrin.png

"ok, now not working, try again afternoon...." or similar is what you will get as an answer

Thailand, the only country in Asia, as far as I know, was never colonised. Now you know why.

"ok, now not working, try again afternoon...." or similar is what you will get as an answer

Thailand, the only country in Asia, as far as I know, was never colonised. Now you know why.

Thats because everyones allowed in! biggrin.png

• Like 1

yes i booked with my flyer bous resident card once and got 20 % discount my mates booked the same flight without the card and their flight was cheaper online.

apparently they give a speific amount of cheaper flights online and more expensive if you walk in.

then they change all the time.

did anyone go to the bangkok airways concert last night. free and in samui where most of their profit comes from which is fare is suppose

i have noticed some thai airways planes back in the sky i thought they checkout out of samui maybe they made another deal

Thai Air / Thai Smile same same.They never cancelled the deal, just the name of the carrier to the low cost Thai Smile which they own.

i have noticed some thai airways planes back in the sky i thought they checkout out of samui maybe they made another deal

Yes - they did drop the route - when Bandit Airways increased the landing fees.

The landing fees were then renegotiated and TG are back on route.

(Sorry Rooo - thats what someone at the airport told me.)

Edited by Tropicalevo

Yes - they did drop the route - when Bandit Airways increased the landing fees.

The landing fees were then renegotiated and TG are back on route.

(Sorry Rooo - thats what someone at the airport told me.)

Trop,

The information I posted was from their website & news releases.Same as Thai Smile now operates out of Surat. They then realized that some routes are best kept for Thai Air & not given to the budget carrier..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bangkok Airways to sell 730m shares

Mon, June 03, 2013 12:00 AM

Bangkok Airways plans to sell its shares through the Stock Exchange of Thailand next month in a partial divestiture that will end its 45-year full private ownership.

Capt Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth, the airline's president, said the company plans to offer 730 million new shares in an initial public offering.

Most of the proceeds will be used to support the company's growth plan including a new hangar, fleet expansion and IT system upgrade.

Earlier, the full-service airline said it hoped to raise 10 billion baht through the sale of up to 30% of its shares in a partial divestiture.

"Bangkok Airways needs to expand to cope with the freer flow of regional tourists that will be induced by the imminent Asean Economic Community as well as those from China and India," said Capt Puttipong.

The company will add 10 more aircraft over four or five years from 23 now.

Capt Puttipong said Bangkok Airways is introducing three new domestic and international routes this year, to Krabi, Mandalay and Udon Thani.

The Krabi route started operation in March with three daily flights.

The Mandalay route will be launched on Sept 16, while Udon Thani will be added in the fourth quarter.

Bangkok Airways plans to sell its shares through the Stock Exchange of Thailand next month in a partial divestiture that will end its 45-year full private ownership.

Capt Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth, the airline's president, said the company plans to offer 730 million new shares in an initial public offering.

Most of the proceeds will be used to support the company's growth plan including a new hangar, fleet expansion and IT system upgrade.

Earlier, the full-service airline said it hoped to raise 10 billion baht through the sale of up to 30% of its shares in a partial divestiture.

"Bangkok Airways needs to expand to cope with the freer flow of regional tourists that will be induced by the imminent Asean Economic Community as well as those from China and India," said Capt Puttipong.

Capt Puttipong said Bangkok Airways is introducing three new domestic and international routes this year, to Krabi, Mandalay and Udon Thani.

The Mandalay route will be launched on Sept 16, while Udon Thani will be added in the fourth quarter.

So if I buy shares does that mean I qualify for staff discount ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I'm going to Bkk next month with family in tow. Flying from Samui comes to over 20k return, flying from Surat is under 6k. Sure flying from Samui would be more convenient, but I would be moaning all flight. Lol. The price difference is just shocking. As we are not in a hurry Surat it is.

• Like 1

So if I buy shares does that mean I qualify for staff discount ?

what goes up must come down. i mean the shares. not the planes there again if some planes did go down then i suppose the share would too.

i would probably buy some they seem to be good at robbing people lets see if they fgind a way to rob their share holders.

I'm going to Bkk next month with family in tow. Flying from Samui comes to over 20k return, flying from Surat is under 6k. Sure flying from Samui would be more convenient, but I would be moaning all flight. Lol. The price difference is just shocking. As we are not in a hurry Surat it is.

Even a chav gets my sympathy on this thread. sad.png

• Like 1

What bkk air should do is charge a flat fee of 1,500 thb with hand luggage , then just add the add ons ie 1,000 thb haul luggage , 500 thb airport check in ( online free ) 500 thb for coffee and snacks on board and in lounge ( should you chose ) 300 thb priority boarding ect ect .. Most tourists will go for at least the 3000 thb option , but gives others the choose to fly cheap !

I bought my tickets yesterday.

For 3 of us Surat to BKK with Airasia 4,770B.

For the Samui to BKK the price is 27,110B!!!!

I can believe 4,770bt from Surat to Bkk but 27,100bt Samui to Bkk sound's like a story unless you are flying via Hong Kong.

To the poster I"m pretty sure 27,100 is a complete error. I do know on websites errors regarding pricing can happen. To test it though I went and tried on airasia and bangkok airways for tomorrowwith 3 adults and 1 way to bangkok, here is my results - keep in mind this is choosing the cheapest fare for both

Airasia - no luggage - by the way went to airasia website and they sent me to the thai version site lucky I found to change the language was almost near the bottom of the screen. Fare I choose was 1,301 baht leaving at 9:50 am but with taxes total price comes to 5,319 or 1,773 per person again this does not include baggage

Bangkok Airways - Fare I choose is 4,190 per person but leaving at 8:45 am, but with taxes total price comes to 13,470 or 4,490 per person