Kamala Information Please

Molly Bolt

I would be very appreciative for any current information as to the conditions in Kamala, the rebuilding of the Kamala Beach Hotel, and the shops and restaurants nearby. Most specifically, I'd like to know anything about Mrs. Rosa and Mr Ben from Fashion Point Tailor. In 2002 and 2003 I spent many December days in the vicinity and I would like to return again...

I would be very appreciative for any current information as to the conditions in Kamala, the rebuilding of the Kamala Beach Hotel, and the shops and restaurants nearby.  Most specifically, I'd like to know anything about Mrs. Rosa and Mr Ben from Fashion Point Tailor.  In 2002 and 2003 I spent  many December days in the vicinity and I would like to return again...

I'm sorry i don't know about your friends but i passed through Kamala about a week ago and its basically a building site. Most of the businesses haven't re-opened or been rebuilt. I think i only saw 1 bar open.

They are also doing a lot of rebuilding in the school, i heard they are expanding it to include a highschool or something.

The Kamala Beach Hotel is open and operating as normal.

Drove through Kamala "Beach Road" today. Still a mess, but seems that most of it will be rebuilt until next high season. Many bars and restaurants have reopened. Don't know about Fashion Point, but it is not open. Think I saw a sign about reallocating awhile back. Attach a picture of the beach road "the day after". Think Fashion Point WAS in that rubble. Please come back, though, as Kamala will need all the tourists they can get...

post-4892-1121429472_thumb.jpg