Family Things To Do?

corkman

Hi All,

Sometimes I find it a bit of a struggle finding something nice to do for the family in Bangkok. You can only go to the aquarium in Discovery and Dream world so often.......

I dunno what exactly I am looking for..... so I'm just wondering, what and where do you do with your young family at the weekends?

BTW - we have a car.

Thanks

CM

• Like 1

Hi CM

We will shortly be retiring to Thailand.

You're lucky to be in Bangkok.

Most of us don't have as much immediate entertainment available for a youngster.

Zoo, boat trip on the river, skytrain ride, parks, feeding the birds?

Rgds

NT

Hi CM

Most of us don't have as much immediate entertainment available for a youngster.

Rgds

NT

Yes, I am lucky to be here :) and don't think I am not grateful for the nice things that we have...... I'm just looking for something maybe a little bit different, or more casual ;)

One thing that really is lovely here is that it is so affordable to go somewhere, have lunch, couple of beers, and just chill....... sometimes though I find myself asking "where"......

Hi CM

Rgds

NT

Yes, I am lucky to be here :) and don't think I am not grateful for the nice things that we have...... I'm just looking for something maybe a little bit different, or more casual ;)

One thing that really is lovely here is that it is so affordable to go somewhere, have lunch, couple of beers, and just chill....... sometimes though I find myself asking "where"......

Here is one. Take the train from Wong Wien Yai to Mahachai-funny rail line .Excellent food at mahachai.Plus a fun market
  • Like 1

Isn't there some sort of Lego Land here?

Also, some of the malls have play areas, I believe.

There's usually at least 1 kids' movie playing in the movie theaters.

How about just going to a bookstore, letting your daughter pick out a book or two, then going to a park to read them together?

Ice skating is available at one or more malls.

There are some craft studios for kids/families.

If you have a car, you could take some day trips, such as to Chokchai Farms....I bet kids would enjoy seeing the cows & farm animals.

• Like 1

Someone already mentioned the Funarium which i wld reccomend.

The is also a place called something like 'Railway Park', a short walk from Mor Chit BTS station. There you can hire bikes, ride around a large park, swim and have picnics

Have a green for the avatar.

Someone already mentioned the Funarium which i wld reccomend.

The is also a place called something like 'Railway Park', a short walk from Mor Chit BTS station. There you can hire bikes, ride around a large park, swim and have picnics

Have a green for the avatar.

Do I get a green for "Moonrakers" ?

• Like 1

Suan Rotfai (train park) is just brilliant and free. BTS to Jatujak then short taxi ride. Hire bikes, big natural park to go around, boating lake, childrens swimming pool in there too and a good Thai cafe on the edge.

Lumpini park is always good with a childrens play area.

Funarium will take up about 4 or more hours of their day...brilliant place, but you have to stay in there. Could get boring, although they have a parents TV room which is used for sleeping. Not cheap though...400 baht ish if you go repeatedly. Don't eat there, it's way overpriced and underportioned.

Central Bangna waterpark is good for a day and very cheap.

Everywhere (Centrals, Carrefours, Emporium) have childrens "bahn balls". At Emporium they can stay in as long as they want, in the others I think it's 30 mins.

Lastly, sukhumvit 49....on the corner there is an old Thai house/restaurant set amongst huge old trees. It's a paradise for children to explore with a giant 100 year old Burmese turtle that comes up for bread at dusk and plenty of millipedes etc. around to poke. Wish I could remember the name of it, but several Bangkok websites will have it.

• Like 1