Number Of Dengue Fever Patients In Thailand's Surin Province Hits Over 2,300

webfact

Number of Dengue fever patients in Surin hit over 2,300

SURIN (NNT) – Over 2,300 residents of the northeastern province of Surin have been infected with dengue fever, while the spread of epidemic remains rampant nationwide.

Surin Public Health officer MD Sa-Ard Weeracharoen in Surin has disclosed that the outbreak of dengue has spread to 17 districts of the province. The number of people infected by the fever is well over 2,000; one person is reported to have succumbed to the deadly fever.

According to the doctor, the province of Surin ranks 15th among the provinces nationwide in terms of the number of infections, but first among the provinces in health district 14.

Children between 10 and 14 years of age are among the highest group coming down with the fever; followed by those between 5 and 9 years old.

The areas with high infection rates are Kab Choeng, Phanom Dong Rak, Lumduan, Sanom and Buachet districts respectively.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-09-05 footer_n.gif

\

Dear TV members, :whistling:

Is there anything heading towards Sisaket? Guess these AEDA mosquitos can fly 90 km........:jap:

Dengue is spread by a mozzie first biting an infected person and then moving on to another and biting them.the range of the mozzie is quite limited - literally to neighbouring houses. but the disease is transported by humans - so if someone moves with the illness and is then bitten b a local mozzie this can then infect the new area.

It's not transmissible person to person - you need a mozzie to do that.Of course in an area of high density population with a large mozzie population the disease can spread quite quickly.

Saw a wide display of BIO mosquito repellents at my chemist's last week ; we have a very few cases here down southern France I 've heard,but a lot in our dom -tom's ( caribbeans & Réunion island) . The fun part is, half were bright fancy-looking small arm bands that "last several weeks" and all are guaranteed 100% DEET FREE ! All at outrageous prices.

(I tried arm bands before, they were absolutely useless though with lots of deet , they just protect one hand ! and get all sweaty and dirty in a day)

I want my Jaïko (or the small, cheaper bottle with a number and a Thai name).

An American friend of mine is visiting his GF in Philippines, he arrived just in time to take her daughter to hospital for Dengue ; she was sick about ten days and now is all right. (it kinda capsized his vacation, such are the joys of family).

Edited by souvenirdeparis