30 Day Extension On U.S. 60 Day Tourist Visa

hello , I have a three entry 60 day tourist visa from the U.S. and was told that if i took the 30 day extension instead of leaving the country and returning for an additional 60 days my 60 day visa would then be void. does anyone know if this is true. was going to not leave the country if possible. but will leave country to preserve validity of visa - its not that big of a deal to go and come back. is the 30 day extension to be used at the end of the visa? that is the advice I have been given,,,,thank you

You can obtain 30 day extension on each entry as long as your visa is valid. Most US embassies/consulates issue the visa you have with 180 day expiry date, but NY only gives 90 days. Check your visa expiry date.

You will need to take with you to immigration your passport, completed application form TM7, recent passport sized photo, copies of your passport photo page/visa/arrival stamp + TM6 departure card. Fee 1900 baht. You can apply early and do not need to wait until the last day; the 30 day extension will start from the end of your current permission to stay.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

(print form double sided on single A4 sheet of paper or obtain/complete at immigration)

Each of your 3 entries can be extended for 30 days at Immigration providing your Visa is still valid.

What you mean by this "visa is still valid" ?

i always thought that if somebody comes to Thailand before "ENTER BEFORE" date he will get his 60 days + he can also extend this stay for 30 days by visiting immigration even his visa is not "valid" any more :rolleyes:

thanks for all the advice...i thought the "enter before" date was just that, I must start using the visa before that date. if i make my last entry into thailand say hypothetically on the 10th of Nov. 2010, with a "enter before" date of 18th of Nov. 2010 will i still get 60 days or will i have to leave before the 18th?

You will get the normal time for such a visa entry and can extend for the normal 30 days. The visa expire date only refers to use for entry (that is what the visa is for) - at Immigration they stay your stay for the normal amount for such a visa entry.