Sunday Morning Breakfast Hang Dong Rd

DavidOxon

Hi

for those that live in HD Rd area and try to have breakfast at Hideaway Cafe and find it

closed on Sunday mornings, then there is a new place opened between Big C and 7/11 called Le cafe.

Had their American breakfast there this morning:

Orange juice, coffee, 2 toast, 2 eggs, ham, bacon, sausage (mini hotdogs)

all for 95 baht...+ cute waitresses..... great value

david

Had their American breakfast there this morning:

Orange juice, coffee, 2 toast, 2 eggs, ham, bacon, sausage (mini hotdogs)

all for 95 baht...+ cute waitresses..... great value

Every time I see an American breakfast advertised I take a detour. How some idiot came up with hot dogs for breakfast is beyond me.:bah:

I agree, I'd prefer a sausage 'pattie' (horrid word) from

Hideaway, but they ain't open on a Sunday!

david

Butter is Better Is open. and they not only have a true American Breakfast but the best American Breakfast with sausage patties

Edited by gotlost

Hmmm. tried BiB a couple of weeks ago when we found Hideaway closed.

They are more expensive that Hideaway/Art Cafe

and on the American breakfast (always have it) Don't give fruit, or coffee refills and

are more expensive... so, though really nice people, are not as good value.

(And they use the flavoured butter rather than the natural one and I really don't like it!)

David

Personally I go to Mad Dog for IMHO the best for money British Breakfast par none in Chiang Mai.

I tend to agree, it's real value for money....but for me a breakfast of their sizes only once in a while.

Once a week is enough for me on breakfast.:lol:

Once a week is enough for me on lunch. :lol:

Once a weak is enough for me on dinner.:lol:

At Mad Dog.

Personally I go to Mad Dog for IMHO the best for money British Breakfast par none in Chiang Mai.

I tend to agree, it's real value for money....but for me a breakfast of their sizes only once in a while.

At Mad Dog.

If I have big breakfast at Mad Dog, it will fill me up so much that I will not eat again until the next day....just fruit juices until then.

Between Big C and 7-Eleven.. meaning the 7-Eleven near Ban Wang Tan? (Close to the Sony service center) ?

Hideaway is so close to town that you might as well go all the way into town.

Maybe so but a few of us ,from the south of town,find the food and presentation is superior to its sister restaurant Art Cafe and other eating establishments and being able to sit in a quiet garden setting is very pleasant.

I heard that Tony's House of Sausage did a good breakfast, but I read on another recent thread that they have closed.

Never got the chance to try it, but unless you had a 4x4 parking seemed very difficult, the only real option was to park in Tesco's and cross the road.

Shame about that :(

But then again I am a Mad Dog fan when it comes to a great fry up, not had one that even comes close in CM...unless I do it myself, but I'm not allowed in the kitchen :huh:

At Mad Dog.

I agree its a great breakfast and Nick does a great job at reasonable price.Probably the best in Chiang Mai for a British breakfast Been going there for many years but not so much now as trying to keep my weight down

Based on advice of this thread, I tried out just today the Welsh restaurant so greatly approved by a majority: Madog. Admittedly, it is not "down south," Hang Dong way.

Nevertheless, there I received, in addition to a filling breakfast, full helpings of Willie Nelson and also "I've Got Friends in Low Places," which is, for an American breakfast of the sort, better than salt.

A Royal Enfield was parked in front to admire, and I saw it leave under its own power.

BBC news was shown. NO extra charge for all of this either.

What was entirely astonishing, however, was that there were there some thinner farang there, eating vast-food from big plates.

Edited by CMX

and on the American breakfast (always have it) Don't give fruit, or coffee refills and

(And they use the flavoured butter rather than the natural one and I really don't like it!)

David

We really don't use flavored butter. Just basic unsalted butter.

David

I always receive a coffee refill.:D

are more expensive... so, though really nice people, are not as good value

David

Asfor coffee...

For our regular coffee we buyhigh quality beans. Then we brew them in a special and quite expensivemachine called a Technivorm. It’s especially expensive because we had to importit from Europe. It's got a lot of special features but by far its mostimportant one is that it has a giant copper heating element which can hold thewater at the precise optimum temperature for drip coffee. I think it's about 95degrees Celsius. You can look up reviews of the machine on the internet. If you come to the restaurant and want to admire the thing, youshould know that we keep it in the back. It's really ugly.. But we willbe glad to give you a guided tour around it's perimeter. However, wesuggest you don't let impressionable young children view it. It mighttake lots of therapy to undo the consequences

At any rate, we can't afford to give it away.. Except, apparently, to gotlost. Who is that masked man?

I love eating at The Hideaway, but the sausage patties are a real disappointment to me - just far too much chilli in them, and it totally distracts from their inherent lovely pork taste, and overpowers the rest of the meal! I like spicy food, but not so overly spiced sausages for breakfast. It's such a shame because the breakfast they do with potato pancakes and sausage patties would be lovely if they offered an unspiced version instead of those horrible things... (IMHO)

are more expensive... so, though really nice people, are not as good value

David

Asfor coffee...

For our regular coffee we buyhigh quality beans. Then we brew them in a special and quite expensivemachine called a Technivorm. It's especially expensive because we had to importit from Europe. It's got a lot of special features but by far its mostimportant one is that it has a giant copper heating element which can hold thewater at the precise optimum temperature for drip coffee. I think it's about 95degrees Celsius. You can look up reviews of the machine on the internet. If you come to the restaurant and want to admire the thing, youshould know that we keep it in the back. It's really ugly.. But we willbe glad to give you a guided tour around it's perimeter. However, wesuggest you don't let impressionable young children view it. It mighttake lots of therapy to undo the consequences

At any rate, we can't afford to give it away.. Except, apparently, to gotlost. Who is that masked man?

:ph34r::D

Between Big C and 7-Eleven.. meaning the 7-Eleven near Ban Wang Tan? (Close to the Sony service center) ?

Yes Le Cafe is where you say - close to Ban Wang Tan.

I almost had breakfast there this morning, but only got to look at the shutters that have a bit of paper stuck on them stating that they open at 10am. That's nearly lunchtime in my book, so unfortunately I had to turn around and head for town... If you plan to serve breakfasts then I'd have thought you really need to be open at breakfast time!

Anyway, I had a lovely big Irish breakfast at the UN Irish for 160 Baht. My only slight gripe would be that they use those nasty cheap Ayam oversized and overly sweet baked beans when for a couple of Baht more they could buy the very nice Brook baked beans. Other than that it was lovely - although having got through my fried bread I'll remember to ask for toast instead next time! The arteries will clog up all by themselves without me helping out that much. :rolleyes:

David

quote]

We bought bulk, unsalted, butter from Yok this week but to be honest it just doesn't taste like butter as I know it, more a blended variety. I can't actually remember the last time I had butter in a restaurant that tasted like the real deal.Might be my taste buds are deterioating or its cost related.

I love eating at The Hideaway, but the sausage patties are a real disappointment to me - just far too much chilli in them, and it totally distracts from their inherent lovely pork taste, and overpowers the rest of the meal! I like spicy food, but not so overly spiced sausages for breakfast. It's such a shame because the breakfast they do with potato pancakes and sausage patties would be lovely if they offered an unspiced version instead of those horrible things... (IMHO)

Try the mango pancakes some time. They are really the best pancakes I have had anywhere (not just in Thailand, but anywhere).

David

quote]

We bought bulk, unsalted, butter from Yok this week but to be honest it just doesn't taste like butter as I know it, more a blended variety. I can't actually remember the last time I had butter in a restaurant that tasted like the real deal.Might be my taste buds are deterioating or its cost related.

Anchor, Sparky, Anchor you old tight wad :D :D :D