Iphoone 4 Or 3Gs

Attol

I've had the 3GS since the day it came out legally in Thailand and have used it around the world. I would like to justify the new iPhone 4 and will probably get one eventually, however the current model works perfectly and the $900 price for an 'unlocked" phone without a plan was completely justified back in August of last year.

What would be the difference in the purchase price of the two phones?

go for iPhone 4;

slimmer and high capacity are 2 good reasons

I have the 3GS which works great. The service with true is amazing. Had 3 failures and all have been replaced by True without questions asked. However I wonder what will happen on the 4th time it stops working.

Have been looking at the New Samsung Galaxy S and those reviews are just amazing. I beats the Iphone 4 by far. Apparently the new Android software is doing very well.

go for iPhone 4;

slimmer and high capacity are 2 good reasons

I have the 3GS which works great. The service with true is amazing. Had 3 failures and all have been replaced by True without questions asked. However I wonder what will happen on the 4th time it stops working.

Have been looking at the New Samsung Galaxy S and those reviews are just amazing. I beats the Iphone 4 by far. Apparently the new Android software is doing very well.

Surely this is self contradicting?

Have they sorted out the problem with the iPhone 4 loosing it's signal everytime you make or recieve calls yet?

Worth looking this up as it was a very embarassing problem that apple had to admit to when it was launched. The response from the main man was along the lines of "well, we know it has some problems but it's still a nice phone"!

The Samsung mentioned as well as numerous HTC phones using Android software are indeed popular as they work with anything unlike Apple products which are a bit limited to say the least!

I currently use the 3Gs but have hacked the software and operating system to allow it to do a lot more than a standard one does as well as offer many more custom / free apps.

The camera on the iPhone is also very very poor quality compared to nearly every phone i've owned in the last 5 years or so.

If I was looking for a new phone right now, Apple probably wouldn't be on my list to be fair as to get the most from it you need to change the entire operating set up of it.

Good luck with your search but try both the phones in an apple store and also try the competition before making your mind up! You never know, you may be suprised what is available that will meet your needs! :unsure:

Have they sorted out the problem with the iPhone 4 loosing it's signal everytime you make or recieve calls yet?

Worth looking this up as it was a very embarassing problem that apple had to admit to when it was launched. The response from the main man was along the lines of "well, we know it has some problems but it's still a nice phone"!

The Samsung mentioned as well as numerous HTC phones using Android software are indeed popular as they work with anything unlike Apple products which are a bit limited to say the least!

I currently use the 3Gs but have hacked the software and operating system to allow it to do a lot more than a standard one does as well as offer many more custom / free apps.

The camera on the iPhone is also very very poor quality compared to nearly every phone i've owned in the last 5 years or so.

If I was looking for a new phone right now, Apple probably wouldn't be on my list to be fair as to get the most from it you need to change the entire operating set up of it.

Good luck with your search but try both the phones in an apple store and also try the competition before making your mind up! You never know, you may be suprised what is available that will meet your needs! :unsure:

Your post is very misleading. The iPhone 4 does NOT "loosing it's signal everytime you make or recieve calls." It never has! The actual problem is minor issue and the phone actually did not drop calls much more than older models and other brands. I have two iPhone 4 and never had any problems with dropped calls.

Please check your facts before stating them as truths.

Your post is very misleading. The iPhone 4 does NOT "loosing it's signal everytime you make or recieve calls." It never has! The actual problem is minor issue and the phone actually did not drop calls much more than older models and other brands. I have two iPhone 4 and never had any problems with dropped calls.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/some-iphone-4-models-see-signals-drop-to-0-when-held-left-handed/

yep, not an issue at all more a design flaw, but only if you are left handed.

http://www.engadget....ld-left-handed/

yep, not an issue at all more a design flaw, but only if you are left handed.

My bad! lol

Guess I need to wait for them to make a left handed phone :o

Suppose you do get the free cover until the end of the month to stop the effects of said "design Flaw" lol.

All I was trying to advise is check out all of the options before closing your mind to only one product.

as you've probably guessed, I'm not the worlds biggest Apple fan but I'm happy with the 3Gs' email and web capabilities and now I can do more with the software it's more useful.

I'm not getting into a d*ck waving contest over who's opinion and thoughts are wrong or right (bit too grown up for childish behaviour like that). I've numerous years experience in the mobile communication industry and see many people chase after the next phone from one particular brand just as a fashion accessory as opposed to functionality and reliability.

I'm not saying that you are this kind of person or that anyone else here is, just merely advising the best handset from one maker is not necessary the BEST handset.

As I say to the OP again, Good luck with your shopping and I hope you get what your looking for!

:jap:

K Pnow Are you a Samsung rep by any chance as you write like it is an advertorial- "apparently the new Android software is doing very well" - doing what exactly very well . ??

"Doing Very Well" as in:

Android-based devices deserves to be seriously considered because they might offer a better option depending on what you intend to do with your phone.

1.the only reason to have the ugly thick bold is for the vid conf feature (and yes, you have to told ya buddy to buy iphone 4 too )

2.compare the app fast with galaxy s , i just didnt see the differ

so I think 3GS - or what you think ?