New Thai/farang Baby Arriving

pipchatel

Hello all from Lampang. I have lived in Thailand now 5 yrs, married for 4 yrs. We are soon expecting our first baby. I am English, no intension of living in the U K again, very happy and settled here. The question to you all is, "does having a baby make any difference at all with regards my Annual visa"?

I was told as the U K and Thailand are both "Kingdoms" its impossible for the Child to have dual Nationality, is this so? Any of you had this situation,Thanks

Have a good Weekend

Best Regards

Pip In Lampang

Dual citizenship is no problem.

At the moment, while married, it doesn´t affect your visa status.

If you would get divorced and the child will stay with you then you can have an annual visa regarding the support of your child.I don´t know what it´ll be like if the child stay with the mother.

I don´t know what it´ll be like if the child stay with the mother.

You will not get the extension.

I tried it, the officier said

" Why do you need to live in Thailand to provide financial support ?

You can do it from UK . "

Hello all from Lampang. I have lived in Thailand now 5 yrs, married for 4 yrs. We are soon expecting our first baby. I am English, no intension of living in the U K again, very happy and settled here. The question to you all is, "does having a baby make any difference at all with regards my Annual visa"?

I was told as the U K and Thailand are both "Kingdoms" its impossible for the Child to have dual Nationality, is this so? Any of you had this situation,Thanks

Have a good Weekend

Best Regards

Pip In Lampang

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1068717512679

We have all assumed you have a support Thai wife extension of stay but you did not say that. It will not have any effect on that but believe they will want a copy of the birth certificate and updated home register for files. If you are here on other visa (work/retirement/etc) it will not have any effect.

Will also confirm dual nationality is not a problem for Thailand.

To obtain extension of stay for support of a child believe you must have official custody.

Thank you all so very much, I had complete crap info on this, and you have made me very happy for that. :o So hard to get good information, and for sure you guys are the right place.

Whilst on the this subject of nationality/Passports, CAN MY THAI WIFE GET DUAL NATIONALITY??? Make My Day

Again, thanks

Pip

Thank you all so very much, I had complete crap info on this, and you have made me very happy for that. :o  So hard to get good information, and for sure you guys are the right place.

Whilst on the this subject of nationality/Passports, CAN MY THAI WIFE GET DUAL NATIONALITY??? Make My Day

Again, thanks

Pip

Yes if she obtains UK citizenship she can keep her Thai citizenship. Don't believe she can obtain UK citizenship living here in Thailand however.

dual citizenship is no prblem, My daughter is american/thai with pp for both countries,

YOU can get a visa to stay in thailand based on the fact that your here to support your child

You can also get a 1 year visa to stay if your child is in school and you get a letter from the school, This works for international schools.. am unsure of thai schools

Your thai wife CANNOT get US and thai. A friend of mine is a naturlaized American. She is thai married to an american. when she got her us citizenship she had to give up her thai citizenship.

I also know a thai girl in Phuket who married a Swed. She moved there, got her citizenship for Sweden and no longer carries a thai pp but only her Swedish one. She does still have her id card here. I told her to just go ot the pp office in Bangkok and apply for a new pp but so far she hasn't tried that.