Travel Agent Willing To Work

tajartale

I'm looking for the cheapest way to travel to the East Coast of the US in the worst season (December/January) and would like to find a travel agent willing to run all the dates and connections to try and find me the best deal. My girlfriend has always booked the flights before, but we tend to run afoul of the Thai work ethic, I think, because after a while, they're less and less interested in talking to us (my girlfriend is Korean and used to exceedingly high levels of this kind of service in her home country).

I guess the booking system in Thailand doesn't allow much flexibility because even when I go with recommendations run by expats, I still get the same very standard, very expensive flight options. This while it costs heaps less for anyone coming this way to get here...why is that?

Anyway, enough whining...does anyone have recommendations for a travel agent that won't mind me asking them to check a dozen dates/airlines in an attempt to find a good rate? Of course, I'm trying to do my part on the internet, but there are limited search options from here, as we know.

All help greatly appreciated...explanations of why things are the way they are welcome also!