Frenchman Tried For Sexual Assault On 10 Thai Children

webfact

I am fascinated by how the various mechanisms of the neo-liberal regimes have provided you (all of you reading this topic) with a relentance fascination in these sorts of sexual crimes.

Although there was always a narrative within the working classes against such acts (and the middle classes condoning of the corrupt working class culture has gone on since Hogarth), among the middle classes, the literature until only the 1980s was essentially accepting of men with boys (but not girls).

Running through the genealogy of the criming of sex with children, we find the concern with it a very recent phenomenon. Indeed, having sex with a woman with her on top carried a 3 year sentence but a boy a mere 2 years in the post-Roman Empire Christian west europe in some jurisdictions (I read this last week but I cannot recall the exact dates or place, but you get the picture).

So I am left to wonder how the various institutions abnormalised this conduct and how it was demarcated out as the one taboo to give you all a jouissance feeling of disgust.

I came to this forum because I could not work out why there was no new posting in the ever-popular 'farang pub' forum for over an hour. Of course, you are all here. So this topic, that offers such a quick Lacanian moment of enjoyment by denial has give you all the appropriate wet dream for the moment.

it is as inevitable as the rising of the moon, that this taboo will at some point no longer be a taboo and something quite legtimiate now will take its place. I cannot imagine what or how.

But we can see the bizarre obsession with any sexual desire of violence that the Western world has in the last 2 years grabbed. The UK has just made it illegal to possess cartoons with depictions of violence that are disgusting (note the low level of obscenity) that could be reasonably be regarded as sexually gratifying. This is comedy. But it is tragic-comedy, and you are the panto dames playing along with it.

Rather than focusing in on this locus of the institutions of disgust of the neoliberal states you should be fighting for the state to leave you alone. Get off your backs and at least sign up to the CAAN fightback.

Wow, an impressive piece of literature there, mate. It seems that you do a lot of research in sexual taboo's. It also seems that you have a foggy perspective of what is ethically accepted and not. It's best that you keep your "Wall Street" journalistic quotes to yourself and actually show some compassion to this issue.

Edited by Fishman1967
  • Like 2

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fascinated by how the various mechanisms of the neo-liberal regimes have provided you (all of you reading this topic) with a relentance fascination in these sorts of sexual crimes.

Although there was always a narrative within the working classes against such acts (and the middle classes condoning of the corrupt working class culture has gone on since Hogarth), among the middle classes, the literature until only the 1980s was essentially accepting of men with boys (but not girls).

Running through the genealogy of the criming of sex with children, we find the concern with it a very recent phenomenon. Indeed, having sex with a woman with her on top carried a 3 year sentence but a boy a mere 2 years in the post-Roman Empire Christian west europe in some jurisdictions (I read this last week but I cannot recall the exact dates or place, but you get the picture).

So I am left to wonder how the various institutions abnormalised this conduct and how it was demarcated out as the one taboo to give you all a jouissance feeling of disgust.

I came to this forum because I could not work out why there was no new posting in the ever-popular 'farang pub' forum for over an hour. Of course, you are all here. So this topic, that offers such a quick Lacanian moment of enjoyment by denial has give you all the appropriate wet dream for the moment.

it is as inevitable as the rising of the moon, that this taboo will at some point no longer be a taboo and something quite legtimiate now will take its place. I cannot imagine what or how.

But we can see the bizarre obsession with any sexual desire of violence that the Western world has in the last 2 years grabbed. The UK has just made it illegal to possess cartoons with depictions of violence that are disgusting (note the low level of obscenity) that could be reasonably be regarded as sexually gratifying. This is comedy. But it is tragic-comedy, and you are the panto dames playing along with it.

Rather than focusing in on this locus of the institutions of disgust of the neoliberal states you should be fighting for the state to leave you alone. Get off your backs and at least sign up to the CAAN fightback.

Please, you need to change your medication..

I'm familiar with the historical fact of the Roman practices you refer to. But the rest of your post, really :blink:

You don't mind me waiting until other things will be accepted too in the long run?? Like ripping it off? The guy`s dick that is.

Go back to the pub.

I'm familiar with the historical fact of the Roman practices you refer to. But the rest of your post, really :blink:

Ah, the irony. You now seek to kill off my criticism by abnormalising my position, with a familiar trope of claiming I need medicating. You need to ask: what are the juridico-medical practices in place that determine what is acceptable and what is not, and therefore what needs medical intervention.

Autism is only regarded as abnormal because it does not meet with the approval of the modern 'cubicle farm' office lifestyle.

Edited by sbk
inflammatory post removed

Ah, the irony. You now seek to kill off my criticism by abnormalising my position, with a familiar trope of claiming I need medicating. You need to ask: what are the juridico-medical practices in place that determine what is acceptable and what is not, and therefore what needs medical intervention.

Autism is only regarded as abnormal because it does not meet with the approval of the modern 'cubicle farm' office lifestyle.

I'm beginning to love this fellow and writing style. Bloody hel_l mate, you missed your calling. You should have been a screen writer for ABC or NBC doing sit coms for audiences that actually care about your mumble jumble. Bloody brilliant mate, brillaint.

Might I suggest that you do an English course before posting again? In the meantime (if you have access to a dictionary) try looking up "relentance". But I can save you the time: it doesn't exist.

By the way, other posters here, the CAAN he refers to is a "network of individuals and organisations fighting for the freedom of adults to view, or engage in consensual activities in private" (web page). I don't suppose that any freedom-loving person would object to that, but that's not the issue.

The issue is that certain persons, falangs and others, are forcing under-age (or otherwise) Thais (or otherwise) to have sex when they haven't been given a choice about it. Anyone who does that is violating human rights.

You say the state should "leave you alone". But what about the right of these exploited young Thai people to be left alone, and not be sold to older men?

headlines like these unfortunately make every farang living in Thailand look bad. I hear that many time in Germany or other European countries. Thailand = whores and child abusers,

For the frenshman, I think it will be hard to proof anything of his crimes in Pattaya when there are no witnesses from Thailand.

Unbelivable how sick some guys are.

Unfortunately this exploitation of Thai women by foreigners is not uncommon. I am a foreigner living in the country and I, and at least 4 other foreigners, know that someone here (call him "X") has been drugging and raping young Thai women for years. Can we stop it? No. Will any of the girls report this to the police? No.

I am no feminist (I have paid for sex in Patpong etc) but I cannot stand this abuse of women's human rights here. In my opinion (and in the law) everyone has the right to say 'yes' or 'no' to sex. In Patpong etc the girl (often) can decide if she goes with a man or not, but on the other hand if during a date the farang, such as "X", makes the girl drink strong alcoholic beverages or drugs (such as rohypnol, GHB etc) the girl has lost her choice. Her rights are violated.

How can we stop this happening? Girls in Thailand are so trusting and so charming, it makes me want to cry when I hear what these bastards do to them.

When a girl go in the street to pay her rent... I'm not sure she really have the choice to say yes or no. Give them an education and a minimum wedge like in Europe and you will have empty streets in Patong, Walking Street and Nana Plaza! Sorry if I broke you feeling for the next time you pay for sex :blink:

To intentionally miss-quote Ghandi "You can judge a society by the way it treats its members that can not protect them selves" (original quote : Animals).

I, and I believe most people, believe that such individuals should be etenally protected by society. I would hope never to see a change in the legal or moral status-quo.

Censorship is one thing, but no right minded human would think that it could ever be OK for someone to have sex with a four year old child. Sorry, but your arguement is is on the wrong stage - this story has no room for your soap box.

As to 'Farang Pub' "members" (no different membership as far as I am aware) - I rarely choose a forum unless I am starting a topic - If I feel like having a read and a discussion, then I just go to the latest posts - I was unaware there were any entry qualifications, so I just join in where I wish.

How do you know the "farang pub members" [sic] educational statistics? I have a master's degree - if I post will someone take it away from me? Will I lift the average? How do you know so much about an individual forum, do you lurk there often? Do you bring the average up or down?

Anyway this man is a criminal and he should be punished severely.

And the mother? To sell one's children is not a crime?

What a mad world...

She was arrested in 2009:

Sadly the girl is now in a psychiatric hospital in Nonthaburi [srithanya Hospital].

That is heart breaking to hear that these scumbags ruined this child's life.

Thank god he's being tried in France. I doubt he'll ever see the light of day again.

Edited by elektrified

That guy def has mental disorder of sexual preference, fetish. He really sickens me. As for the mother, I do feel really sorry for those who are poor, but...... sell her own daughter???? A kid??? Have no idea how people like that can live with themselves..... really hope people like that deserve to be punished & I'm sure they will, Gotta belive in Karma, it might come late, but it arrives eventually!

sorry i must be mistaken. I read that he gave the mother some money. Now the mother wants to take cival action. how does that work ? sell your kid. the have the person arrested after the kid has been assaulted.

i am not sure what sickens me more. the mother or the rapist. or both ???

even in the french prison, his life will be extremely difficult

Unfortunately not . I'm french and I can tell you they put all the wicked rapists together in the same jails.

So, he will not have anyone to give him hard times (to be polite !)

It is much the same in the UK.

Sex offenders are in a special wing at Wandsworth prison.

However rapists get Life and in with other Lifers like murderer, where they are still

considered the lowest of the low.

I would probably be banned if I said what I actually feel about this guy, so I`ll just stay quite.

Me too.

i am not sure what sickens me more. the mother or the rapist. or both ???

Both, and the mother should be banged up with him.

If the mother agreed to a financial term for her daughter to go with this man, she knew what was about to happen. Therefore, this mother should also be tried for delivering an under-aged child with the intent of sexual activities.

She was (refer to earlier post on her arrest).

I will not write what I think should happen to this guy, but rather comment on a positive aspect of all this:

It is good to see that countries where pedophiles could, until fairly recently, do what they want (Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand) are finally doing something about these low-lifes. Yes, the countries might still have a high level of corruption, but at least one reads all the time about these slime being sent to court and sentenced to loooooooong jail terms. Not enough if you ask me (please don't ban me), but at least it is in the hands of the law now. Mind you, I prefer to see them do 10 years in some sh*t-hole in Asia first and then stand trial again in Europe (this is what frequently happens here in Cambodia).

Since people in this Country will consider money more important than other values, this and other misdeeds always happens more and more.

:(:angry:

Yes I agree he pays the parents to abuse the children and they knew exactly what he was going to do with the child. Now the parents want to take civil action against him or more money. Double dipping. What action are Thai authorities going to take against the parents? They are just as guilty of rape as he is. They provided thier own children.

Unfortunately this exploitation of Thai women by foreigners is not uncommon. I am a foreigner living in the country and I, and at least 4 other foreigners, know that someone here (call him "X") has been drugging and raping young Thai women for years. Can we stop it? No. Will any of the girls report this to the police? No.

What is stopping you from reporting this insider information that you have on the foreigner to the police?

Since people in this Country will consider money more important than other values, this and other misdeeds always happens more and more.

:(:angry:

Yes I agree he pays the parents to abuse the children and they knew exactly what he was going to do with the child. Now the parents want to take civil action against him or more money. Double dipping. What action are Thai authorities going to take against the parents? They are just as guilty of rape as he is. They provided thier own children.

It would seem to me that the mother which took the money knew well what she was doing in a conspricary to prostitue her daugher, and yes she innocent until proven guilty as well. However she along with the frenchman should have also been arrested and arraigned in a thai

court on indictment.

No mother or father or any family memember should under thai law presuming there are statutes on the books already, which is highly unlikely to press charges against the mother as well.