Poor Minivan Service In Jomtien

BugJackBaron

Are you complaining about the poor service or the difference in price or both?? Either way both prices seem very reasonable. If you want to carry your luggage to walking street and save 40 baht - more power to you. For either of those prices, I would not expect a red carpet service. B)

Luggage? If you are going to the airport surely it doesn't matter. But this is not the typical case.

Not only that, but unlike the big buses there is very little room for luggage.

Most people going to Victory

are going to work. The people who use these vans are mostly Thais commuting to work or visiting.

Edited by BugJackBaron

Luggage? If you are going to the airport surely it doesn't matter. But this is not the typical case.

Not only that, but unlike the big buses there is very little room for luggage.

Most people going to Victory

are going to work. The people who use these vans are mostly Thais commuting to work or visiting.

let me see... 10 people (max 12) per minivan... and at 150 baht/person (the most expensive one here) that's equal to a big whopping 1500 baht (or 1800 baht) gross for the minivan company - from Pattaya to Victory Monument. Now I wouldn't call them ripping you off would you? Even without your luggage :-). :lol:

And as you said "mostly Thais uses these vans" - if the price is too high, the Thais wouldn't use their service would they?

Edited by whatchamacallit

The water service sucks in Jomtien as well...another reason I would never live that posh section of town :rolleyes:

Didn`t know Pattaya has a posh section anyway...... oh wait, that must be Pratamnak Hill, the Beverly Hills from Pattaya :whistling:

55555...yeah...like those posh drunken Norwegians in their "Beverly Hills" condo who got in an argument and stabbed each other yesterday.

There is one on 2nd rd at tops supermarket run every hour I think and also one from Pattaya south road next to the 711 adjoining Centre condo car park both around 100-120 baht, did have special offer on a while back of 100 baht but the norm is 120 Baht.

It seems nobody here knows where on Soi 4 this minivan departs or the schedule?

I've currently got a bum back and injured leg, so outdoors exploring is at a minimum. However, I do have an upcoming appointment with my doctor in BKK, and it would be nice to take a minivan from Jomtien direct to Bangkok.