Proof Of Residency (in English) For Thai?

My girlfriend would like to open a bank account in Hong Kong. But first, they need some kind of proof that she lives where she says she lives in Thailand. As we're currently renting, this may be a little difficult.

Any idea what kind of official document might suffice? If she needs to pay for it, that's fine.

Often they will accept a utility bill (water/phone/electricity Etc.) when nothing else is available. The rental contract (if her name on) might work too. My phone/internet bill and housing contract is a mix of Thai and English as is my water bill (from condo management but still...)

Cheers!

My girlfriend would like to open a bank account in Hong Kong. But first, they need some kind of proof that she lives where she says she lives in Thailand. As we're currently renting, this may be a little difficult.

Any idea what kind of official document might suffice? If she needs to pay for it, that's fine.

Edited by Firefan

Won't her ID card work...its has her official address on it.

OOOps! I just saw you want it in English...have her take her ID to the Thai embassy and have them make an English translation. Probably should call around first to see if this will work since I don't know for sure.

Edited by chownah

Thanks for the advice.

We're currently getting the rental agreement translated into Engrish and also checking to see if the local police department can provide a stamp for an English translation of her ID/address.