Soi Buakow

flyingfox

Perhaps not everyone travels halfway across the world to eat exactly the same cheap rubbish that they would eat in their own country. You can eat well and inexpensively without entering that Soi at all.

It appears that it must become easy to forget ones background when one arrives in Pattaya with the monies from the sale of a two up two down on a run down council estate in Doncaster then builds oneself a detached house for pittance in the middle of or near a slum and begins to believe one is actually affluent, sophisticated and above and beyond all overs when the truth of the matter is, if one really is like one would like to believe one would be living in Monte Carlo not Pattaya.

We have a winner, give this good fellow a cigar.

You are quite right of course, many soon forget and reinvent themselves, usually as real estate developers or investment advisors after being washed up on these shores.

After meeting their soul mate, who was of course working as a cashier at the bank where they cashed their giros, the house for a pittance in the middle of nowhere is usually in premier up market locations such as Surin or Buri Ram, often referred to as the Thai Riviera.

These content happy chappies can often be found in local farang watering holes, bitching and moaning about, in no particular order, their wife, the wife's family, the heat, the spicy food,no decent beer, cant trust anyone, many suffering from paranoia, everyones out to rip them off.

Ah soi Buakao, where dreams can become reality.

Broken promises, broken hearts, broken bank accounts, broken dreams and in some more extreme cases broken men.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like Soi Boukhao and I don't go there for the sex industry. I'm always with my wife and 2 year old daughter. The lack of side walks is irritating but that can be said about the majority of the Soi's in Patters. We sometimes stay at the Chabba Hut, which is a great little place and a lot nearer to everything than when we used to stay in Jomtien.

The comparison to Soi 6 is unbelievable.

Have never seen fights there.

A while back i was there watching the football and witnessed a fight between to 70 year old (approx) Scandinavian chaps, they punched and moved in slow motion sitting down for rest every couple of minutes .... it went on for about 15 minutes and was an absolutely cracking bit of entertainment.

They kissed and made up just in time for the 2nd half!

Well said Soi Sauce. You are sooooo right.

No matter how people try and dress it up, there's only one reason to visit/ live in Pattaya, and I'm only talking about the areas where girls/ ladyboys/ boys are prevalent. ( I'm not referring to those unfortunate package tourists that were misled by the pretty pictures in the travel magazines, and by smooth talking agents lying through their teeth. I refer of course to those that know what Pattaya is, before they come to stay/ visit. )

There are unfortunately exceptions to everything, and those are the ones that come to live in Pattaya, and then decide that it needs to be different, and embark on a crusade to change it. I read one letter to the paper, years ago, saying that people should have to dress up to visit his restaurant. Good one- I just about killed myself laughing at the stupidity of it!

I really wish farangs that don't like Pattaya the way it is/was went elsewhere, and left it for those that do like it. It's not as though Thailand lacks the sort of places they so obviously would like to live in.

Who are these people that think they are so important that the world should be changed to the way they want it? Do they really believe the rubbish they are speaking when they say they're here because of the golf courses/ restaurants/ shopping/ quality accomodation/ whatever, and the girls/ ladyboys/ boys should be banished because it gives a bad impression, or whatever.

To them, get a life ( somewhere else ), please.

No matter how people try and dress it up, there's only one reason to visit/ live in Pattaya, and I'm only talking about the areas where girls/ ladyboys/ boys are prevalent.

I am in BKK and go there once a month to hit the boxing gym for 4-5 days and have a few days eating decent priced English food, i can genuinely say i dont frequent the girly bars and dont wish to have the same mundane conversation time and again.

Besides unless you go to the gogo bars the women of Pattaya are old, flabby and not my cup of tea, i would have no use for any of them.

No matter how people try and dress it up, there's only one reason to visit/ live in Pattaya, and I'm only talking about the areas where girls/ ladyboys/ boys are prevalent.

I am in BKK and go there once a month to hit the boxing gym for 4-5 days and have a few days eating decent priced English food, i can genuinely say i dont frequent the girly bars and dont wish to have the same mundane conversation time and again.

Besides unless you go to the gogo bars the women of Pattaya are old, flabby and not my cup of tea, i would have no use for any of them.

Excellent !!

More left for the rest of us.

(one of my best experiences was with a 42 year old)

Really? There is a perfectly pleasant little spot in that area called Lolita's with rather reserved, but very cheerful young ladies.

A cracking business idea visited the one in soi 8 BKK before but that was at night, the ones in soi Boukow looked like theyve their halloween make up on all year round.

I love the Pattaya snobs. King of the world's largest brothel are you? Too funny. :lol: When you use money to distance yourself from the rabble, you will also find yourself strangely out-of-touch with reality. That probably explains some of the "odd" comments about Soi Buakow (Soi 6 extension??? :blink: )

One of the reasons I love Soi Buakow is the lack of snobby hang-outs. You can find the nose-in-the-air crowd in Club Blu, and maybe Oasis ("Thank God for AC!"), or staying around the corner at the LK Metropole, but those are about the only places in the area that they'll soil their loafers to get to - good news for those of us who love Soi Buakow. B)

Edited by HarryLime

I love the Pattaya snobs. King of the world's largest brothel are you? Too funny. :lol: When you use money to distance yourself from the rabble, you will also find yourself strangely out-of-touch with reality. That probably explains some of the "odd" comments about Soi Buakow (Soi 6 extension??? :blink: )

One of the reasons I love Soi Buakow is the lack of snobby hang-outs. You can find the nose-in-the-air crowd in Club Blu, and maybe Oasis ("Thank God for AC!"), or staying around the corner at the LK Metropole, but those are about the only places in the area that they'll soil their loafers to get to - good news for those of us who love Soi Buakow. B)

Spot on!

Bet most of them reside in Jomtien and think a concrete beach and ladyboys at night make them hi-so.

Shame, I bet those ladies really miss having a mundane conversation with a pie-and-chip eating amateur boxer - know wot I mean 'arry...

You should try to broaden your horizons or at least try take your blinkers off.

Apart from a lack of money or the need to reside with fellow chavs needing to be close to their English Breakfast, I can't imagine a single reason why someone would prefer to reside on that soi.

I prefer to buy a healthy breakfast and to eat on my balcony or in the kitchen. Can't imagine the view you get from Bua Khao on the whole. Perhaps just another building.

Spot on!

Bet most of them reside in Jomtien and think a concrete beach and ladyboys at night make them hi-so.

I think there was quite a prominent ladyboy bar in the middle of Bua Khao. Don't remember seeing such a thing in Chom Thian. Thou doth protest too much.

Can you define "no use for any of them"? Don't you think this statement lacks some respect?!

Have fun with your boxing though... B)

Funny to read what kind of places are considered being snobby!

I recommend you to take your chair with you and have your booze in front of the 7/11 or FamMart if this is what you consider "down to earth" lol

Can you define "no use for any of them"? Don't you think this statement lacks some respect?!

Well im not in need of company to want to speak to them id sooner speak to the old British boys around there, and i dont find the ladies aesthetically pleasing enough to want to beat it into them.

Besides all i done was highlight that not everyone is in Patts for a bit of flabby chick/granny sh4ggin.

I like it,

Everytime I stay in Pattaya its in Soi Buakhao.

I especially like to stay in Dianna estate, and last time I was there it was even better now you can walk to Central Beach Shopping Center, no more having to get multiple baht busses to BIG C.

Cheap good quality food everywhere and I especially like eating at the nighttime market (if I can make it past a few good noodle vendors)

Easy walk to Tony's Gym by cutting down soi chaiyapoon.

Some dodgy looking farangs are the only downside, but hey its Pattaya and to be expected everywhere.

post-24380-0-32952800-1288698306_thumb.j

post-24380-0-48759800-1288698330_thumb.j

post-24380-0-18693200-1288698473_thumb.j

Edited by patongster

I like it,

Everytime I stay in Pattaya its in Soi Buakhao.

I especially like to stay in Dianna estate, and last time I was there it was even better now you can walk to Central Beach Shopping Center, no more having to get multiple baht busses to BIG C.

Cheap good quality food everywhere and I especially like eating at the nighttime market (if I can make it past a few good noodle vendors)

Easy walk to Tony's Gym by cutting down soi chaiyapoon.

Some dodgy looking farangs are the only downside, but hey its Pattaya and to be expected everywhere.

Life could certainly be a lot worse. Thanks for the pics.

It is becoming common knowledge around the world that the Michael Palins of Pattaya and the rest of Thailand that are randomly sprinkled in various provinces are those of the less fortunate or socially deprived amongst the rest of us.

It is a crying pity that these deluded worldly travelers will relentlessly put down anyone who eats one's own choice of food that one was bought up on, whether that be an English or American breakfast or a German frankfurter these less fortunate species will always bring up the subject and claim "what is the point of going halfway around the world and not eating the local food?"

Well tell that to the Thais who, and i can assure you, do not que up outside Sue's Cafe in West London eargly awaiting their daily dose of sausage egg and chips. No the Thais will vigirously hunt down Thai food from speciality shops and markets in Europe as that is what they like to eat and enjoy, that is what they know.

An amusing little test for the Palins of Pattaya who claim to of been here on and off since the 70's is to offer one a T-Bone steak and chips served with a side order of garden peas and a mug of tea, in almost every single case the eyes light up and a yes please! it spouted in your direction.

When one is socially unable to participate with the company of others or sit around a table enjoying a hearty own Nationality meal that one (deep down) prefers, one will come to TV and spout they are hooligans, louts from Spain and all the other clap trap nonsense.

Soi Bua Khao is a great soi for those of you reading that have not been here yet, come see for yourself and have a good time, this is one soi that is Palins of Pattaya free!

I still wonder what should be so special about Soi Bukhao?!

Nothing...a few nice places to go, as many as to avoid. The location itself is good, because it is virtually the center of Pattaya, with easy access to the North and South.

It is becoming common knowledge around the world that the Michael Palins of Pattaya and the rest of Thailand that are randomly sprinkled in various provinces are those of the less fortunate or socially deprived amongst the rest of us.

It is a crying pity that these deluded worldly travelers will relentlessly put down anyone who eats one's own choice of food that one was bought up on, whether that be an English or American breakfast or a German frankfurter these less fortunate species will always bring up the subject and claim "what is the point of going halfway around the world and not eating the local food?"

Well tell that to the Thais who, and i can assure you, do not que up outside Sue's Cafe in West London eargly awaiting their daily dose of sausage egg and chips. No the Thais will vigirously hunt down Thai food from speciality shops and markets in Europe as that is what they like to eat and enjoy, that is what they know.

An amusing little test for the Palins of Pattaya who claim to of been here on and off since the 70's is to offer one a T-Bone steak and chips served with a side order of garden peas and a mug of tea, in almost every single case the eyes light up and a yes please! it spouted in your direction.

When one is socially unable to participate with the company of others or sit around a table enjoying a hearty own Nationality meal that one (deep down) prefers, one will come to TV and spout they are hooligans, louts from Spain and all the other clap trap nonsense.

Soi Bua Khao is a great soi for those of you reading that have not been here yet, come see for yourself and have a good time, this is one soi that is Palins of Pattaya free!

Common knowledge around the world? :lol: Come on, perhaps things are quiet and there is a need to drum some business up.

We've had a poster claiming 50 square metre rooms for 600 baht who neglected to mention that there may be only one such room; the others being nothing like it, that it was the low season price and that, of course, the room isn't on Soi Bua Khao anyway.

It may also come as a shock to some of the soi's defenders that most people don't eat in greasy spoon cafés in their own country and are not interested in eating low quality food when they go abroad either.

Nationality food? What is that? Fish and Chips? Chicken Tikka Masala? The fact is the scope of what we eat had been broadened by contact with nationalities. One of the reasons why no one I know eats food like Toad in the Hole any more. We eat varieties of Japanese, Indian, Chinese, French, Italian.... our tastes have become more sophisticated.

So if you are interested in eating greasy spoon quality 'farang' food in a back street with 'colourful' surroundings, take yourself along to Soi Bua Khao. It is what it is.

It caters to the 'greasy spoon' quality of foreigner.