Letter Of Approval

I read on the MFA's list of required documents for a Non B Teacher's Visa that we must bring a Letter of Approval (otherwise known as Letter of Invitation) to the Embassy along with the other documents.

After searching the forums, it appears that this 'Letter of Approval' is actually just the receipt that the Labour Department give the applicant after they have completed Form WP3 (Application for Work Permit when you have been granted the initial Non B Visa).

I previously applied for my first Non B in my current teaching job with this very slip of paper and am at the moment searching through all my paperwork trying to track it down. However, I'm pretty sure that the applicant hands this in to the Labour Department when they go back to pick up the Work Permit and I don't know if I got to keep a copy of it?

I'm also failing to understand why I'd have to show a receipt for my Work Permit when I can actually just show the Embassy my Work Permit?

Leaving for Laos tonight so the sooner I can get answers the better.

Thanks people.

The work permit receipt is not normally a requirement for teachers from my understanding and in fact seems to not be required at some locations at all. In any event it is to show if you do not have a work permit from my understanding - having a work permit it would not be required.

I have not done this process so hope others can add information before you leave.

If you already have a work permit, you just show that. A letter from the company asking for a visa for you might be a wise thing to have though.

But why are you than applying for a new visa, as you could apply for an extension of stay? Unless you are on overstay.

In answer to Mario - yes, I am on overstay and that Non B is now invalid so I need to do a border run to get a new Non B. Leaving in a couple of hours but thanks to all the advice from my posts, everything seems to be in order and should, hopefully, go without a hitch. Cheers for your input everybody.