• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don´t let the door hit you after you leave

Some people here see things not through the rose colored spectacles of newcomers.

You are right there are idiots here but the problem is who is right and who is wrong. You can´t really moderate everything.

Problem is, if all the idiots were banned, there wouldn't be anybody left.

I'll agree that there is a lot of Anti Thai sentiment in many of the posts, especially in this section of the forum.

One thing about ThaiVisa, its always ' Thai Bad, Farang Good ' no matter who is at fault.

For example, the idiots who post that only Farangs that get stopped at police checkpoints whilst the Thais are waved through is ridiculous, but so many Farangs are paranoid here, I can see why they think this. Most of the time I get waved through simply because I am a Farang !!!

It's like a Black guy screaming racism if he gets stopped by the police in the UK, yet what about all the white people that are stopped too, are they only getting stopped because they are white ?

Minorities often feel this way. rolleyes.gif

Edited by sillyman99

What about those who will constantly call your post a troll when in fact its not, Now i understand there are many people who start threads that are stupid just to start a fight, but some people have real questions that most dont beleive so all you can write is "TROLL" its very annoying, ive seen some good questions and stories and see from the same poster in comments that he or she is a troll, it makes no sence, if you dont like or beleive what they are saying, they keep your mouth closed and leave, you dont have to join in the conversation , no one is forcing you to join, read it, and decied if its real, if you think its not, then leave the topic and read another

What about those who will constantly call your post a troll when in fact its not, Now i understand there are many people who start threads that are stupid just to start a fight, but some people have real questions that most dont beleive so all you can write is "TROLL" its very annoying, ive seen some good questions and stories and see from the same poster in comments that he or she is a troll, it makes no sence, if you dont like or beleive what they are saying, they keep your mouth closed and leave, you dont have to join in the conversation , no one is forcing you to join, read it, and decied if its real, if you think its not, then leave the topic and read another

Troll !! rolleyes.gif

Ever notice that any thread about Idiots brings out all the Idiots ? crazy.gif

Edited by sillyman99

I have found this forum to be relatively free of offensive posts. I log on to another thailand based forum, and that has much more rudeness in it's posts than this one. There will always be the internet hardmen, who have a few beers, and then log on to pick holes and be rude, but my attitude to them is, Don't feed the troll. If people have opinions you don't agree with, engage them in reasoned debate, don't just be offende by what they say. They are speaking from their experience. I suppose it depends on which sections of the forum you view, but I have found the ThaiVisa crowd to be ok, and if I have asked for information, I have received fast, friendly, and correct replies. This may not make you feel warmer toward TV, but there are nastier forums out there.

Some people here see things not through the rose colored spectacles of newcomers.

You are right there are idiots here but the problem is who is right and who is wrong. You can´t really moderate everything.

True, but in another topic, you have one dumbass poster trying to insinuate, that another posters' sister in law may have went to another country for sex work, when it was already explained what she was doing. What could possibly be right about that? I don't see any reason to let those posts go undeleted.

If YOU set up this rival forum at least one of the current TV idiots of the last few weeks will be there.

But you wouldn't be there for long

I'm no expert but is it really any different than other internet forums\chat rooms ? Aren't they most all filled with a lot of nonsense ? Personal attacks and disputes of all kinds ?

While people might not give the same response in person I doubt people ask the same questions or tell the same stories. How many strangers in a bar have told you that they lost their fortune and wife and all that ? When people tell strangers personal stories they are likely to get a strange response ! lol

"imagine we were having this convo sat in a bar.... would you or mrdeedee chip in with the same contributions????.. hel_l no..

You would be far too aware that YOUR TEETH WOULD BE KNOCKED STRAIGHT DOWN YOUR THROAT."

:lol:

Even you would not have to fear from the people here. I doubt that many of them are real violent. Many of them are quite old. Can you imagine that fighting each other with walking aids :D Its much easier to pretend to be tough from behind a computer then to really pick a fight.

How to enjoy Thai Visa.

1) Don't get involved in a thread thst contains the words " Red Shirts"

2) Don't come on the forum telling how you got stung by a local woman.

Follow these and it'll all be tickedy-boo :)

• Like 1

Troll !! rolleyes.gif

Ever notice that any thread about Idiots brings out all the Idiots ? crazy.gif

HERE I AM!

True, but in another topic, you have one dumbass poster trying to insinuate, that another posters' sister in law may have went to another country for sex work, when it was already explained what she was doing. What could possibly be right about that? I don't see any reason to let those posts go undeleted.

That is exactly what I am saying... It is the unnecessary offensive and lewd comments that are being totally unmoderated, even after reporting, they remain, so much for 'rules of the forum'.

I just cannot for the life of me think why these sort of UNSUBSTANTIATED claims such as the above quoted example points out. You trying to say, people who have been in Thailand a long time have enough experience to be able to make these accusations about people whom they have never met??? I think not.

These forums are not correctly moderated, and if you think it is cool and interesting and entertaining to watch someone bullying another and think it is great fun... then all i can say, is that you were clearly bullied at school, and now you are one of the bulling gang.

enough said.

I think i will now start an alternative forum, if only to see how well it takes off.

"imagine we were having this convo sat in a bar.... would you or mrdeedee chip in with the same contributions????.. hel_l no..

You would be far too aware that YOUR TEETH WOULD BE KNOCKED STRAIGHT DOWN YOUR THROAT."

Even you would not have to fear from the people here. I doubt that many of them are real violent. Many of them are quite old. Can you imagine that fighting each other with walking aids :D Its much easier to pretend to be tough from behind a computer then to really pick a fight.

Ah ha, but a few old uns here are ex you know what, no fear, who dares wins, and know how to put a walking stick to good use. :ph34r:.

I wonder how many people walk in a bar and declare ..... This bar is filled with a bunch of idiots !

:coffee1:

That is exactly what I am saying... It is the unnecessary offensive and lewd comments that are being totally unmoderated, even after reporting, they remain, so much for 'rules of the forum'.

I just cannot for the life of me think why these sort of UNSUBSTANTIATED claims such as the above quoted example points out. You trying to say, people who have been in Thailand a long time have enough experience to be able to make these accusations about people whom they have never met??? I think not.

These forums are not correctly moderated, and if you think it is cool and interesting and entertaining to watch someone bullying another and think it is great fun... then all i can say, is that you were clearly bullied at school, and now you are one of the bulling gang.

enough said.

I think i will now start an alternative forum, if only to see how well it takes off.

:coffee1: .....let me know when something exciting happens.......

Ah ha, but a few old uns here are ex you know what, no fear, who dares wins, and know how to put a walking stick to good use. :ph34r:.

Your right everyone except me is ex army. (i had the good fortune that they quit conscription around the time it was my turn).

8 topics closed on page 2 of general forum and this guy wants more moderation. nice one.

no foul language here (george aside) like you see on most forums so what are you complaining about, the guys that dont take it all seriously?

good luck with the new forum.

expect the usual 'this topic has run its course' any minute now.

I wonder how many people walk in a bar and declare ..... This bar is filled with a bunch of idiots !

Where is that bar? I want to meet the guy!:o Besides I need a beer.:D:burp:

Edited by gotlost