90 Day Reporting On Non-emmigrant-b Visa

Below is from www.legalthailand.com whom I am currently using to arrange for my 1 year non-em-B visa. I will not be working/obtain a work permit in Thailand. The non-em-B visa will be obtained either via my condo purchase (but have the problem that not bought directly from developer) or with arrangement of sponsorship the way that http://www.lawyer.th.com/QR-one-year-visa-thailand.asp advertise.

What I find unclear is WHAT creates the requirement to do a visa run every 90 days (if have work permit or retirement visa ones does not have to do visa run of course).

The way I read below is that ANY 1 year non-em B can do extension every 90 days without having to leave the country?

Can anybody clarify this? Cheers!

Your best choice is to obtain a Multiple-Entry Non-Immigrant visa type B (Business Visa) which valid for 12 months. With this visa type you will need to exit and enter Thailand at least every 90 days to get a new entry stamp allowing you to stay a further 90 days.

Is that what you have always heard of? But please read this! There's always an exemption in Thailand!

Suppose you already got a Non-Immigrant Visa (i.e. Business Visa) and suppose you are already in Thailand for 65 days, so now what to do? The Immigration Bureau of Thailand stated that "if the holder of non-immigrant Visa notice the Immigration Bureau of Thailand in approximately every 90 days (before his/her first 90 days expires), the Immigraion Bureau will allow non-immigrant visa holder to stay in Thailand for another 90 days without exit and re-enter Thailand!"

Of course, we can represent you filing a notice to the Immigration Bureau and of course, you will be allowed to stay for another 90 days without border cross again and again!

Thus, you can now stop your Visa Run permanently!!!

I think somebody mixed up something here.

There is the Non-imm B, upon arrivel you are granted 90 days permit to stay.

If it is a multiple you leave before these 90 days are over, come back and get another 90-days' permit to stay.

Another way, during the first 90 days, or close to the end of that period you apply for extension of stay, supported by documents of a Thai company who hires you as foreigner. If accepted, your permit to stay will be extented to 1 year from date of last arrival and upon application year by year, as long as you work for the same company in the same job. (Need to apply for Work permit as well)

You need to apply for re-entry permit(s) as well.

The requirement to report your address if you stay more than 90 days is a seperate issue and must be done every 90 days, unless you leave the country before that period. Upon return your 90 days start again.

This is nothing but smoke and mirror talk. The web site you mention first is talking about normal extension of stay of a B visa when you meet the requirements of work permit/income or investment (read further on the web site).

The Sunbelt plan is real if you can obtain a multi entry B visa but you are still required to make 90 day runs until you meet extension requirements and they so advise you of that fact.

Thanks axel and lopburi! :D That did makes things much clearer.

lopburi; just to clarify, what do you mean by

The Sunbelt plan is real if you can obtain a multi entry B visa

With the sponsor documents from Sunbelt or other established/legal company I presume there should not be other obvious problems to at least get the 1 year non-em B visa (but with needed Visa runs)?

Initially my lawyer advised that since my condo purchase (2-3 years ago) was more than 3M Baht there should not be any problems getting the 1Y non-em B based on that(and extensions without leaving the country due to the investment status I presume).

At meeting at/with emigration Suan Plu they however pointed out that my condo was not purchased directly from condo developer (who went bankrupt 97/98) but from the bank (Tisco) - and that my application for change from tourist visa to 1 year non-em B might be rejected - but we filed anyway.

I have just been informed that the change was rejected based on condo not bought directly from condo developer.

My lawyer now believes that there is still hope (of avoiding visa runs) as I will need to enter Thailand on a 3 month non-em B (based on invite/sponsor doc from lawyer) which we will then (again :o ) try to change to to the 1 year year non-em B visa... and extensions based on the investment in the condo...

I have a hard time seeing how the change of visa status from tourist visa to non-em would be different from trying to change from 3 mth non-em to the 1 year non-em visa based on my condo. :D

Head is spinning so any clarification appreciated! Cheers!

Edited by Firefan

Thanks axel and lopburi!  :D That did makes things much clearer.

lopburi; just to clarify, what do you mean by

The Sunbelt plan is real if you can obtain a multi entry B visa

With the sponsor documents from Sunbelt or other established/legal company I presume there should not be other obvious problems to at least get the 1 year non-em B visa (but with needed Visa runs)?

Initially my lawyer advised that since my condo purchase (2-3 years ago) was more than 3M Baht there should not be any problems getting the 1Y non-em B based on that(and extensions without leaving the country due to the investment status I presume).

At meeting at/with emigration Suan Plu they however pointed out that my condo was not purchased directly from condo developer (who went bankrupt 97/98) but from the bank (Tisco) - and that my application for change from tourist visa to 1 year non-em B might be rejected - but we filed anyway.

I have just been informed that the change was rejected based on condo not bought directly from condo developer.

My lawyer now believes that there is still hope (of avoiding visa runs) as I will need to enter Thailand on a 3 month non-em B (based on invite/sponsor doc from lawyer) which we will then (again :o ) try to change to to the 1 year year non-em B visa... and extensions based on the investment in the condo...

I have a hard time seeing how the change of visa status from tourist visa to non-em would be different from trying to change from 3 mth non-em to the 1 year non-em visa based on my condo. :D

Head is spinning so any clarification appreciated! Cheers!

As Sunbelt I believe points out not all Consulates have the same requirements so some might not accept a letter from xxx without a note from yyy supported by a memo from zzz.

As for the lawyers "another try"; there is always a chance. The change in leadership might work to your advantage in that case so it might be worth a try.

Thanks lopburi! You are right that Sunbelt advises that the embassies in neighboring countries are less lenient when it comes to making the 1 year non-em B visa.

I will obtain the 3-mth non-em B visa from Vietnam (based on invite/lawyer sponsor) after which we will try again to request a change to the 1 year non-em B visa based on condo investment - apparently it should be easier than changing status from tourist visa to the 1 year non-em visa. Will believe it when I see it! :o

Cheers!

Edited by Firefan