What Is The Cheapest Pick Up Truck To Buy Here In Phuket

kenny999

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tata,a Hi Lux Copy made in India, runs on Gas and Oil, good value,i didnt realise it wasnt a Jap,or Ford,A friend lent me one, take a Look.Only in White i think.

Looks nice can you and if so where to go and have a look see.

http://www.tatamotor...h/en/models.asp

Cheers but no prices on web site, no location of dealers and when you try to send message to them it does not work!!!!

Yes maybe that is it, will give it a try

Please post if you get any details on pricing & whether or not they have a dealer in Phuket as it may be of interest to others. Resales for this type of vehicle will be difficult & will not attract a good offer but there are those who do not care about that. Toyota & Isuzu probably have the best chance for a decent resale price although I have a Mitsubishi Triton for 2 years now & am extremely happy with it plus it comes with a 5 year/150,000 km warranty.

Please post if you get any details on pricing & whether or not they have a dealer in Phuket as it may be of interest to others. Resales for this type of vehicle will be difficult & will not attract a good offer but there are those who do not care about that. Toyota & Isuzu probably have the best chance for a decent resale price although I have a Mitsubishi Triton for 2 years now & am extremely happy with it plus it comes with a 5 year/150,000 km warranty.

Big price difference now,but i agree a Mitsu is nice as trucks go

Im a bit anti truck because too many are not used as intended.Green Plated and in the Fast Lane Empty!! ,when a Yaris/Jazz is made for Shopping.

Big price difference now,but i agree a Mitsu is nice as trucks go

Im a bit anti truck because too many are not used as intended.Green Plated and in the Fast Lane Empty!! ,when a Yaris/Jazz is made for Shopping.

When you have kids to take to school, shopping to do plus a business that requires carrying large & or heavy loads then a 4 door pickup is ideal plus they virtually drive like a sedan these days. Without the large heavy loads a Jazz would suit me fine as even a big bloke like me can fit in comfortably.

Tata,a Hi Lux Copy made in India, runs on Gas and Oil, good value,i didnt realise it wasnt a Jap,or Ford,A friend lent me one, take a Look.Only in White i think.

tata is not a hilux copy. its a tata, and not very cheap. when you buy it you need to choose model runs CNG gas OR diesel. Since CNG is not availble in Phuket, choise should be easy. Range on full tank CNG is approx 200km, and since its not a dual fuel, sales are extremely limited.

Still not seen any tata dealer in Phuket, and during 2 years in LOS they have managed to sell less than 3000 units. Hilux sold approx 400.000 units same 2 years in LOS.

Cheapest is Suzuki, approx 325.000 baht, next is Chevy flatbed, 399.000 baht

Edited by katabeachbum

tata is not a hilux copy. its a tata, and not very cheap. when you buy it you need to choose model runs CNG gas OR diesel. Since CNG is not availble in Phuket, choise should be easy. Range on full tank CNG is approx 200km, and since its not a dual fuel, sales are extremely limited.

Still not seen any tata dealer in Phuket, and during 2 years in LOS they have managed to sell less than 3000 units. Hilux sold approx 400.000 units same 2 years in LOS.

Which Suzuki is it and where is the dealer in Phuket?

Copy or not,its a Truck like a Toyota,made for working, i just drove it not read the labels

,it was as good as any truck,.Suzuki is a bumpy little Van thing, not a Pik Up.Thais are brand conscious even with workmens carts

upp realy

Suzuki is a bumpy little Van thing, not a Pik Up.Thais are brand conscious even with workmens carts

Suzuki looks like a pickup to me........cheap to at 356,800b

http://www.suzuki.co.th/carry.php

it is indeed a pickup, flatbed, able to carry 1 ton, great quality and inexpensive. Selling at least 10 of them for every Tata:)

dealer in Phuket is close to Robinson, by the large circle, close to Phuket town night clubs

Copy or not,its a Truck like a Toyota,made for working, i just drove it not read the labels

,it was as good as any truck,.Suzuki is a bumpy little Van thing, not a Pik Up.Thais are brand conscious even with workmens carts

upp realy

cadilac is a sedan like BMW, copy or not?:rolleyes:

Thais are brand conscious, thats why Toyota sells more than 100 pickups for every Tata, and Suzuki sells more than 10 pickups for every Tata. In addition Tata does not have many dealers in LOS, making spareparts and service not on par with others, and the spec is not on par with any other pickup in LOS. I v driven a Tata to, I know why they dont sell while the other makers sell millions of units.

Calling a stock Vigo 3,0 D4d auto 4x4 auto 4 door with leather seats, cruisecontrol, powerseats, ESP, ABS, EBD, 17" 65 profile tyres on mags at 960.000 baht "made for working", indicates your lack of knowledge of the LOS pickupmarket. Its a ute, only difference from sister Fortuner SUV is its capability to bring a couple of Ninja motorbikes in the bed:)

Totally wrong information:

Around where I live there are loads + many different colours + there are 6 models in the line up + they are MADE in THAILAND..

For the same price you could get a PETROL Mitsubishi Triton with NO ABS + NO Airbag

The cheapest Chevrolet Colorado is almost 100k more but has ABS on the base model.

Myself have a D-Max but they start at 200k more than the Tata

The Suzuki Carry is a bit cheaper but smaller + 1600 cc petrol engine only. Most of the 'Water Bottle Delivery' boys and girls drive them around the Villages where I live.

upp realy

Thais are brand conscious, thats why Toyota sells more than 100 pickups for every Tata, and Suzuki sells more than 10 pickups for every Tata. In addition Tata does not have many dealers in LOS, making spareparts and service not on par with others, and the spec is not on par with any other pickup in LOS. I v driven a Tata to, I know why they dont sell while the other makers sell millions of units.

Calling a stock Vigo 3,0 D4d auto 4x4 auto 4 door with leather seats, cruisecontrol, powerseats, ESP, ABS, EBD, 17" 65 profile tyres on mags at 960.000 baht "made for working", indicates your lack of knowledge of the LOS pickupmarket. Its a ute, only difference from sister Fortuner SUV is its capability to bring a couple of Ninja motorbikes in the bed:)

Ah, you mean Hi Lux pick up with Cart Springs, No I.R.S,plus all the addons you mention stll it remains a Poncey Truck,in like the Honda CRV, or the New Mitsu.Ive got a New Nissan Calibre 4door,but its still a tarted up Big M.. The Fortuna defies description for the price.

The Tata has been sold in Australia for at least 10 years.

You rarely see them on the road.

They have very poor resale value.

There was only one small dealer in Perth if you wanted parts is was the only place you could get them.

You are better of buying a well known brand where parts and service is available anywhere and it holds its resale value.

Only my opinion, shoot me down in flames if you want.

upp realy

Ah, you mean Hi Lux pick up with Cart Springs, No I.R.S,plus all the addons you mention stll it remains a Poncey Truck,in like the Honda CRV, or the New Mitsu.Ive got a New Nissan Calibre 4door,but its still a tarted up Big M.. The Fortuna defies description for the price.

no ad ons in the above Vigo, all stock;)

agree Nissan Calibre is just a tarted up Big M, far away from Vigos spec and qualitys:lol: :lol:

4 door Vigo and Fortuner is same vehicle, except for rear part, one SUV with 3 seat rows, one with bed

No idea what your saying about "CRV, or the New Mitsu".

Ah, you mean Hi Lux pick up with Cart Springs, No I.R.S,plus all the addons you mention stll it remains a Poncey Truck,

On what planet are Hilux's described as being poncey? SLK cabriolet maybe. MX-5 certainly. Hilux? No way. Solid and indestructable. A man's vehicle if ever i saw one.

Haven't seen the Tata Xenon price listed yet.

"539,000 to 629,000 baht"

source: http://www.dancewithshadows.com/autoindia/tata-xenon-photo.asp

and

"The model comes in two versions, both two-wheel-drive, with the extended cab priced at 519,000 and 529,000 baht and the double cab at 599,000 baht.

''The prices announced are temporary until the end of next month,'' said Sompong Polchitcharoen, general manager for marketing.

The Xenon is slightly less than 100,000 baht cheaper than Japanese and American pickups but offers only a high-body version. The new prices will be 539,000 and 564,000 baht for the extended-cab versions and 629,000 baht for the double cab when the introductory prices expire."

source: http://suniltheguy.blogspot.com/2008/03/tata-xenon-price-in-thailand-to-be.html

Ah, you mean Hi Lux pick up with Cart Springs, No I.R.S,plus all the addons you mention stll it remains a Poncey Truck,

On what planet are Hilux's described as being poncey? SLK cabriolet maybe. MX-5 certainly. Hilux? No way. Solid and indestructable. A man's vehicle if ever i saw one.

Thats my point A Hi Lux is exactly that,.Turning it into a Wannabe like the Fortuna is Pointless, So is the M.U 7 thats a D Max. Isuzu Truck .Honda and Mitso are not Spivs Range Rovers.They were designed to be what they are.Independent Rear Suspension is a must. My Calibre is what it is, a Truck no more,no less.So are upgraded Toyota's no matter how big the Poser Wheels Cost or the Fancy Chairs, and gizmo's

Haven't seen the Tata Xenon price listed yet.

"539,000 to 629,000 baht"

source: http://www.dancewithshadows.com/autoindia/tata-xenon-photo.asp

and

"The model comes in two versions, both two-wheel-drive, with the extended cab priced at 519,000 and 529,000 baht and the double cab at 599,000 baht.

''The prices announced are temporary until the end of next month,'' said Sompong Polchitcharoen, general manager for marketing.

The Xenon is slightly less than 100,000 baht cheaper than Japanese and American pickups but offers only a high-body version. The new prices will be 539,000 and 564,000 baht for the extended-cab versions and 629,000 baht for the double cab when the introductory prices expire."

source: http://suniltheguy.blogspot.com/2008/03/tata-xenon-price-in-thailand-to-be.html

Sorry March 2008 websites you quote are very old...

Tata Made in Thailand

Pickup 2dr Single Cab Giant Man 5sp RWD 2.2DCT

Pickup 2dr Single Cab Giant Man 5sp RWD 2.1NGV

Pickup 2dr Ext. Cab DLE Man 5sp RWD 2.2DCT

Pickup 2dr Ext. Cab CLE Man 5sp RWD 2.1NGV

Pickup 2dr Ext. Cab DLS Man 5sp RWD 2.2DCT

Pickup 4dr DCab DLS Man 5sp RWD 2.2DCT

Recommended price from 459,000 to 629,000...

A few months ago stopped for Lunch at a road side stall next to a Tata Showroom, the price of the Single cab was 399,999 baht

Edited by ignis

Thats my point A Hi Lux is exactly that,.Turning it into a Wannabe like the Fortuna is Pointless,

You still dont get it, but who cares:rolleyes:

Vigo 4x4 auto G is stock HIGHER spec than Fortuner G. So you dont turn a Vigo into a Fortuner, but you may aftermarket upgrade a Fortuner G to be almost on par with Vigo G.

As for individual rear suspension like CRV and present Range Rover have, just look at the solid axles as found on Cadilac Escalade and Lincoln Navigator. A LOS tax free truck must have rear solid axle in leaf springs to avoid taxes

I do Quite Get it, i drive round in a Truck called Nissan,so does every other Pik Up, or Pic up Based Wannabe driver.Old Hands refer to Fortunas as a Bar Girls Benz, i love me old truck,cart springs n all. :jap:

Fortuner is having success in Arabic countries, you should tell them their driving "Bar Girls Benz":lol: