One Year Extension Based In Marriage...New Document

Hi guys!!

Last year when i went to Chaeng Wattana to renew my one year extension the officer asked my wife for a new document,we had to go to our amper to get it.This month i have to renew again but my wife does not remembers the name of said document.They never asked us before for this document (been done extension for more than 20 years)

Does anybody knows the name of this document?

Thanks for any help

I extended through marriage last week at Khon Kaen. Plain sailing so if I may be allowed to post exactly what I presented to help fellow forum members avoid any unnecessary grief or wasted time.

2 filled in TM7 extension application forms with a photo glued to each form in the space provided.

2 copies of every page of my passport signed by me on every page plus original passport of course ( I even did the cover, back and blank pages - the officer took them all)

2 copies of the arrival card from my passport plus original (photocopied both sides)

8 photos of me and the wife printed on 2 A4 glossy pages, 4 per page. Basically the day before we took the pics with my camera phone, put them onto my computer and printed them out. Pics were me and the wife outside the house showing the house number, standing outside the front door, in front of the open wardrobe in the bedroom showing our clothes, a wider view of the us and the wardrobe, sitting on the bed, standing in the kitchen, sitting on the sofa in the living room and standing in the garden.

2 copies of the tabian baan house registration book plus original book

2 copies of our daughter's birth certificate plus original

2 copies of my wife's ID card plus original

1 hand drawn map on A4 showing the location of our house.

An up to date bank book showing the balance of at least 400 k baht for the previous 3 months. To be on the safe side I updated for the whole year.

2 photocopies of every page of the bank book signed and stamped by the bank clerk.

A letter from the bank addressed to the commander of KK immigration (in Thai) stating that on that day my bank contained that amount of money and signed by the bank manager. My bank had a template on their computer for this form. Plus 2 photocopies

2 copies of the marriage certificate plus original

Note: There's been some discussion about whether the Kor Ror 2 marriage registration from the amphur office is required at all. The esteemed Lite Beer said when he renewed earlier in the year Khon Kaen didn't need to see it. Of course I'm not disputing him at all but to be on the safe side I got one and the officer took it.

I also got a bank statement on A4 paper (plus 2 copies) of the bank balance and transactions for the year stamped and signed by the bank staff. I'd prefer to have it and immi don't want it than not have it and they want it.

Last year they handed them back to me. This year they kept them. Go figure.

I think that's just about covered it. Hopefully if you do the same as me then it'll save some time and the guy doesn't say " Where's the....?" leading to more running around.

Basically photocopy everything possible 2 times - Front, back and sideways.

A first for me (apart from my first extension ever) was the guy asked questions like where we'd met, how long we'd know each other, what my mother in laws name was and a few others like how many rooms in our house. My wife also had to sign a form (even though it's not a requirement but as the end was in sight I didn't want to rock the boat) saying that she supported me.

Any specific questions please post and I'll be happy to answer them.

Edited by mca

I am applying for a renewal of my Non Imm O Visa that is based on my marriage to a Thai Lady. This is my first renewal.

Can anyone advise

1. the list of documents required and the web site to consult.

Also

2. will the Immigration Officers at Chiang Mai accept a letter from the UK PENSIONS OFFICE stating that my pension is greater than the required minimum [65000bht pa I think] or is it essential to get a letter from the British Consul.

Thanks

Peterpop

Marriage Certificate (Kor Ror 3)

Registry Entry (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Letter from the British Consul.

Your Passport with relevant pages signed and copied.

Passport size photo.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Maybe a bank book with some money in it.

Take your Wife as she has to be interviewed and sign an affidavit.

Signed copy's of everything.

1,900 Baht fee.

Thank you, I will try the proof of income without the consulate letter as I live close to the Immigration office and have some time left, I will post my findings.

Marriage Certificate (Kor Ror 3)

Registry Entry (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Letter from the British Consul.

Your Passport with relevant pages signed and copied.

Passport size photo.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Maybe a bank book with some money in it.

Take your Wife as she has to be interviewed and sign an affidavit.

Signed copy's of everything.

1,900 Baht fee.