Locksmiths

Beardog

Has anyone ever found a locksmith in Pattaya area that knows how to make extra locks into a master set. I bought a set of 5 Ison & need 6. I know I could have gotten Solo brand & had 6 in a set. To late now. The locksmiths I attempted to talk to just give me a blank stare when I point to the pick points to remove the tumbler & put in new brass pins. They don't grasp the concept even when my girl explains it in Thai. I had masters done in Indo so I know there has got to be a real locksmith here in Thailand.

Anyone ever have any luck.

Thanks. I appreciate any help so I won't need 2 keys for 1 extra lock!

Barry

I think you mean "Keyed Alike" which is different to a "master Key system".

You will need a good lock smith who can supply a lock with the same key profile as your originals and re configure the tumblers, so probable also requires a service kit of the same manufacturer.

You will need a good lock smith who can supply a lock with the same key profile as your originals and re configure the tumblers, so probable also requires a service kit of the same manufacturer.

Basil do you know anyone that is a good locksmith that knows a key alike(master key one key fits all locks)?

So far I seem to be going to all the subpar locksmiths & they just don't get it that you can actually take apart the tumblers & match brass pins instead of replacing all the locks. If not I think Boy air can do it. I never heard of a car stereo shop that doesn't do custom key sets in cars.

Basil do you know anyone that is a good locksmith that knows a key alike(master key one key fits all locks)?

So far I seem to be going to all the subpar locksmiths & they just don't get it that you can actually take apart the tumblers & match brass pins instead of replacing all the locks. If not I think Boy air can do it. I never heard of a car stereo shop that doesn't do custom key sets in cars.

Keyed alike locks all use the same key while master keyed locks each have different keys but a "master" key that will open any in the set. Car cylinder tumblers and pins are typically much smaller than door locks. Many of the small shops in Thailand that are located in front of a shop have the capability to re-key locks. Now whether they have the proper pins is a different story.

Keyed alike locks all use the same key while master keyed locks each have different keys but a "master" key that will open any in the set. Car cylinder tumblers and pins are typically much smaller than door locks. Many of the small shops in Thailand that are located in front of a shop have the capability to re-key locks. Now whether they have the proper pins is a different story.

Thanks Lockman

All I get are blank stares- must be the same educated locksmiths like the electricians that did swampy.

Do you know any competent locksmiths in Pattaya. I already got the tumbler out & will attempt to get the pins matched up. Sometimes I got to say I miss the states. To simple to just go to any crappy locksmith & get the job done.